What upgrades will improve my kids pc?

Found 1st Apr
Hi guys. my kids got this pc for Xmas and whilst it plays most new games without a problem, my kids want to play on high settings and also to make sure it will play any future games.
here's the link to the pc, anyone able to offer advice what components to start looking at? warranty says we can make upgrades but no overclocking etc...

Link

Thanks
Community Updates
8 Comments
It has a 1050ti, so a 1060 wouldn't really be worth it. Either a 1070 or 1080 depending on how much you want to spend.
MIDURIX2 m ago

It has a 1050ti, so a 1060 wouldn't really be worth it. Either a 1070 or …It has a 1050ti, so a 1060 wouldn't really be worth it. Either a 1070 or 1080 depending on how much you want to spend.

Thanks
richje1001 m ago

Thanks

If you are playing at 1080p the 1070 will last a very long time, the 1080 would be overkill.
At the moment you won’t want to be upgrading any graphics cards. The market is so overfilled and prices are through the roof - a 1050ti is a solid card for now, just wait until the market drops back to normal prices again

The best place to start to improve general speed at the moment would be adding a 250gb SSD and installing windows on that + any regularly played games. Then use the 1TB HDD for other files, homework and most games.

The CPU isn’t great - anything more than a GTX 1050ti/1060 will struggle when partnered with that. If they really want more gaming powwwerrr, you would want to look at a CPU and GPU upgrade but for a kids PC that’s not really worth the money IMO
Edited by: "mrguy797" 1st Apr
Buying hardware for future games in advance will cost you a lot more money than buying it when it's actually needed, so I'd discount that as a consideration.

Graphics card is the most common limitation on game performance at lower frame rates, so if they want to turn on a few extra sparklies then that's the way to go.

If they want a higher frame rate (smoother motion) then the CPU also plays a part and as the FX-4300 is about the slowest on the market that'll be the limiting factor in a fair few games, particularly with a high end graphics card like a Vega 56, 1070 or 1080.

Unfortunately that's also an old platform, so you'd be looking at replacing the motherboard for a new CPU. Although as you probably don't have any particular requirements for the motherboard you should be able to get one that supports your current DDR3 memory instead of the more common, newer DDR4.
You’ll need a new cpu and motherboard, additional ram and a new graphics card. I’d send it back and build your own if your thinking about it.
I would upgrade the CPU to something like AMD FX 6300 (used) for around £50 or less , sell your FX 4300 for around £30. You want to see how much this goes for.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 1st Apr
Tell them if they play using the higher settings, they'll have to go to bed an hour early.
Problem solved
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants