What USB Stick Read/Write Speeds For Recording TV's FreeView?

Found 8th Apr 2015
What USB read/write speeds should I be looking for in a USB stick, if I want to record/playback programmes on FreeView?
I've a Samsung F8000 series TV and the size of the stick I want is 64GB's.

Thank you.
Community Updates
7 Comments
this is pretty good from amazon SanDisk SDCZ48-064G-U46, or Just buy a 1tb external hdd as they are fine and you will get 1tb for £50, or this SanDisk SDCZ80-064G-G46
Edited by: "ssssssss111111111" 8th Apr 2015
Original Poster
Thank you very much for the reply.
I already have the "Extreme" 64GB version, plus a few spare 1.5TB portable HDDs.
I was trying to get something cheaper with lower speeds, if that's possible. If not, I'd go for the "Ultra" version.
Caution, got a sneaking suspicion that Samsung TV's only record to USB HDD and don't recognise sticks for recording - looking up some more info in this...
Original Poster
matth9999

Caution, got a sneaking suspicion that Samsung TV's only record to USB … Caution, got a sneaking suspicion that Samsung TV's only record to USB HDD and don't recognise sticks for recording - looking up some more info in this...

Thanks for the reply.
I've just found the answer to my question.
I plugged a 8GB SanDisk Cruzer Micro into my TV.
It tried to go through formatting procedure, but failed.
It told me the recommend speed for Reading was 2.6 Mbps and Writing was 4.3 Mbps.
The Cruzer was only 1.8 Read and 2.9 Write.
I had a feeling it's something other than just speed, but for speed, a possible answer is a USB3 model, or maybe a class 10 SD card in an adapter.
Alternatively, quite a few portable HDD drive offers around on here, but many of them need 2x USB for power - though if not using the other USB port, you could steal power from there.
Shatwell

Thank you very much for the reply.I already have the "Extreme" 64GB … Thank you very much for the reply.I already have the "Extreme" 64GB version, plus a few spare 1.5TB portable HDDs.I was trying to get something cheaper with lower speeds, if that's possible. If not, I'd go for the "Ultra" version.

one thing is, with my tv it only records freeview with atlas 256gb hdd, Not sure about samsung tv's though.
Original Poster
Thank you both
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants