Groups
    EXPIRED

What vacuum cleaner for laminates and carpet?

We have laminate floors all downstairs and carpets in the bedroom, on the landing and stairs. We use a dyson dc07 but it struggles to pick cotton etc up from shorter pile carpets. Can anybody recommend an alternative that works well on both floors?
    Thanks.

8 Comments

I got this one - Hoover 2000W Smart 2018 when it was cheap.

I use it on lino and good quality wool mix carpet (ex John Lewis carpet) and I've never used a better vacuum - it's turbo attachment is brilliant on stairs

Not sure if you can find at similar price

Edited by: "philphil61" 13th Jul 2014

You can buy hard floor attachments for some vacuums. We have one for our Henry vac. Steam cleaners are very good for hard floors to.

Original Poster

philphil61

I got this one - Hoover 2000W Smart 2018 when it was cheap.I use it on … I got this one - Hoover 2000W Smart 2018 when it was cheap.I use it on lino and good quality wool mix carpet (ex John Lewis carpet) and I've never used a better vacuum - it's turbo attachment is brilliant on stairsNot sure if you can find at similar priceCheers for that, will have a look around the web at them.;)

Original Poster

wayners

You can buy hard floor attachments for some vacuums. We have one for our … You can buy hard floor attachments for some vacuums. We have one for our Henry vac. Steam cleaners are very good for hard floors to.

Thanks Wayners, the hard floor bit is OK but struggles to do the carpets very well.
    Edited by: "kramvic" 13th Jul 2014

i bought this and im happy with it
    Vax U88-AM-P Air³ Pet Multi-Cyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
    Press a but to stop the brush spinning for hard floors etc.
    Paid about £115 i think

We use this. It has a button on the side so you can turn the brushes off on laminate. Very good cleaner.

Original Poster

Thanks everybody for taking the time to post your comments. Going to have a look through now.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media TV56
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?33
      3. Tooth extraction99
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?611

See more discussions