Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

What VPN for Firestick

Posted 13th Jan
Hi can someone point me towards a VPN, been told I need to use one?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
Hey, why do you need a VPN? Is it for an IPTV sub? What info were you given?
psychedelicrenegade13/01/2020 12:06

Hey, why do you need a VPN? Is it for an IPTV sub? What info were you …Hey, why do you need a VPN? Is it for an IPTV sub? What info were you given?

Hiya, to jail break & fully load it
If you need a VPN, NordVPN is good. There are alternatives. A quick search shows ExpressVPN, IPVanish and others.
I used digibit for a while (£2 a month). It's ok and even got me iPlayer when I was travelling in France. plus it's only a month by month contract
claire751913/01/2020 12:07

That's an unusual expectation of a VPN, but hey: it's a Direstick.
psychedelicrenegade13/01/2020 12:13

If you need a VPN, NordVPN is good. There are alternatives. A quick search …If you need a VPN, NordVPN is good. There are alternatives. A quick search shows ExpressVPN, IPVanish and others.

Thank you
ogeran13/01/2020 12:19

I used digibit for a while (£2 a month). It's ok and even got me iPlayer …I used digibit for a while (£2 a month). It's ok and even got me iPlayer when I was travelling in France. plus it's only a month by month contract

I’ll have a look, just got a month for now from IPVanish 🤞🏻

You don't need a VPN lol, if you've got an android phone and have a few movie apps on there or a tablet send them to the stick via an app called apps2fire

You don’t need a vpn, you just need to sideload the App Store and install Kodi, IPTV etc
psychedelicrenegade13/01/2020 12:13

If you need a VPN, NordVPN is good. There are alternatives. A quick search …If you need a VPN, NordVPN is good. There are alternatives. A quick search shows ExpressVPN, IPVanish and others.

Just be aware that Nord doesn’t run on the first gen firesticks
I use a free vpn app on the firestick
Arto13/01/2020 12:34

You don’t need a vpn, you just need to sideload the App Store and install K …You don’t need a vpn, you just need to sideload the App Store and install Kodi, IPTV etc

How do u side load?
claire751915/01/2020 16:14

How do u side load?

Go to your Fire TV Stick’s settings page located at the top of the home menu.
Scroll right and choose Device
Move down to Developer Options
Set Apps from Unknown Sources to ON.
Accept the warning message about installing external apps.

Open the Amazon appstore on your Fire TV.
Search for Downloader and install the program.
While that installs, go to another device and locate the direct URL for the apk you want to install. Make sure it ends with .apk, otherwise it won’t work.
Open Downloader and type in the URL. You can also use the built-in browser to navigate the web, but it’s much easier to use a PC.
Download the file through Downloader. Once complete, you can install it by selecting “Files” within the interface.
Sideloaded apps will appear on your Fire Stick’s main page along with the rest of your software.
Arto15/01/2020 16:21

Go to your Fire TV Stick’s settings page located at the top of the home m …Go to your Fire TV Stick’s settings page located at the top of the home menu.Scroll right and choose DeviceMove down to Developer OptionsSet Apps from Unknown Sources to ON.Accept the warning message about installing external apps.Open the Amazon appstore on your Fire TV.Search for Downloader and install the program.While that installs, go to another device and locate the direct URL for the apk you want to install. Make sure it ends with .apk, otherwise it won’t work.Open Downloader and type in the URL. You can also use the built-in browser to navigate the web, but it’s much easier to use a PC.Download the file through Downloader. Once complete, you can install it by selecting “Files” within the interface.Sideloaded apps will appear on your Fire Stick’s main page along with the rest of your software.

Thanks I’ll try this later
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants