Groups

What washing machine would you buy?

Looking for a new washing machine after old indisit broke down after 10 years of sterling service. Im looking for at least a 7kg load and one that does a quick wash - pref too one that does a hand wash but not so bothered about that - cant really see any great deals out there - what one would you buy if you had to buy today? thanks very much folks

26 Comments

Tesco Direct have an Indesit Innex Washing Machine, XWA 81252X W UK, 8KG load, with 1200 rpm, £171.20 with code
    TDX-JTHW, expires 19/04.

You have probably been lucky with your last one, try and avoid them now including their sister companies. Poor customer service, poor quality better paying a little more or going for one with a free full longer warranty.

Why spoil the lady of your life with a complicated piece of machinery when this will suffice. (_;)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/bc/11/9f/bc119f73de221111fc84d665d13e492a.jpg

For me, when our dies it will be another LG.......... worth considering, great machines

We had a Candy that lasted 10+ years, so replaced it with another...BIG MISTAKE!! Less than 2 years and the bearing has gone and is not replaceable!! Avoid!

Ellie.Phant

For me, when our dies it will be another LG.......... worth considering, … For me, when our dies it will be another LG.......... worth considering, great machines

​Totally agree. Our LG is fantastic and gets hammered.

Original Poster

thanks - just looking at LG's - there's not much on offer out there - bad time for it to break down! bloomin typical! im tempted by the £379 samsung ecobubble at currys.. might hold off another couple of days in the hope something will come up

Original Poster

ellenw

Tesco Direct have an Indesit Innex Washing Machine, XWA 81252X W UK, 8KG … Tesco Direct have an Indesit Innex Washing Machine, XWA 81252X W UK, 8KG load, with 1200 rpm, £171.20 with codeTDX-JTHW, expires 19/04.

thanks - im quite tempted by this one - not bad at all for the price

Miele every time then AEG then Bosch

we usually get a £350-400 Bosch which tend to last a bit ( 5 years approx). If the drum bearings go they aren't replaceable as its a sealed unit and no one will repair it which is a sign of the times.

sowotsdis

Miele every time then AEG then Bosch

Miele, you get what you pay for and it lasts for years.

had a miele for over 10 years going really strong.......it came with a 10 year warranty and in year 8 they came out to fix a small leak and literally replaced half the machine for free......superb quality and ever so reliable 13 people in the house and the machine is used daily - stlll as quiet as the day we bought it
    Edited by: "fauji786" 18th Apr

Another vote for LG.
    Superb appliances - both my dishwasher and washer/dryer are LG units.

fauji786

had a miele for over 10 years going really strong.......it came with a 10 … had a miele for over 10 years going really strong.......it came with a 10 year warranty and in year 8 they came out to fix a small leak and literally replaced half the machine for free......superb quality and ever so reliable 13 people in the house and the machine is used daily - stlll as quiet as the day we bought it

​I got told with Miele they do a 'budget version' and an even more expensive range of their machines. Is the 10 year guarantee only on their most expensive range? I've a feeling it is.

Decoded

​I got told with Miele they do a 'budget version' and an even more e … ​I got told with Miele they do a 'budget version' and an even more expensive range of their machines. Is the 10 year guarantee only on their most expensive range? I've a feeling it is.

Yeah the 10 year warranty is on their deluxe version £900 ish.....the lower versions do come with a 5 year warranty included (some models 0- check their website)

otherwise AEG are doing 5 year warranty on their machines and they are cheaper than miele but still german branded

i would always buy a german branded washing machine even if it was a bosch at around £400 as they are the most reliable

Had my zanussi for 14 years, wouldn't think twice about buying another one.also bosch, smeg, lg and samsung are good names at reasonable prices.
    Edited by: "cornishscouse" 18th Apr

eslick

You have probably been lucky with your last one, try and avoid them now … You have probably been lucky with your last one, try and avoid them now including their sister companies. Poor customer service, poor quality better paying a little more or going for one with a free full longer warranty.

Had my indesit for 10yrs also never had a problem must have been lucky too.

fauji786

had a miele for over 10 years going really strong.......it came with a 10 … had a miele for over 10 years going really strong.......it came with a 10 year warranty and in year 8 they came out to fix a small leak and literally replaced half the machine for free......superb quality and ever so reliable 13 people in the house and the machine is used daily - stlll as quiet as the day we bought it

13 people in your house oO

They are all pretty good these days. Buy as cheep as you can and run into the ground

waterloo

Had my indesit for 10yrs also never had a problem must have been lucky … Had my indesit for 10yrs also never had a problem must have been lucky too.

They have gone down hill quickly over the years, just look at other threads on here or elsewhere and you will see how bad they have become. Plus with the dryer fiasco why anyone would give their hard earned cash to them is beyond me, companies have gone to he wall for less but people still buy these stable of brands just because they are cheap.

eslick

They have gone down hill quickly over the years, just look at other … They have gone down hill quickly over the years, just look at other threads on here or elsewhere and you will see how bad they have become. Plus with the dryer fiasco why anyone would give their hard earned cash to them is beyond me, companies have gone to he wall for less but people still buy these stable of brands just because they are cheap.

When you said cheap i had to look at mine as it was mega expensive and it's not a indesit it's a electrolux

Don't know to be honest. My clothes are just getting clean by themselves. One day I'm leaving dirty ones and next day they're clean.
    My wife may know more about it...

waterloo

13 people in your house oO

you sound surprised....its a big house!

fauji786

Yeah the 10 year warranty is on their deluxe version £900 ish.....the … Yeah the 10 year warranty is on their deluxe version £900 ish.....the lower versions do come with a 5 year warranty included (some models 0- check their website)otherwise AEG are doing 5 year warranty on their machines and they are cheaper than miele but still german brandedi would always buy a german branded washing machine even if it was a bosch at around £400 as they are the most reliable

​I thought so, it's a lot of dosh to spend to get a 10 year warranty but maybe worth it. The cheaper Bosch £400 are made in Spain and their expensive range are made in Germany someone told me. I guess you've to pay big bucks to get the quality.

waterloo

When you said cheap i had to look at mine as it was mega expensive and … When you said cheap i had to look at mine as it was mega expensive and it's not a indesit it's a electrolux

Voted down because i own a electrolux oO some right donuts on this site X)

Decoded

​I thought so, it's a lot of dosh to spend to get a 10 year warranty but m … ​I thought so, it's a lot of dosh to spend to get a 10 year warranty but maybe worth it. The cheaper Bosch £400 are made in Spain and their expensive range are made in Germany someone told me. I guess you've to pay big bucks to get the quality.

the miele range starts from about £700 some with 5 year warranty some 2 years
    AEG from £500 with 5 year warranty
    Bosch (decent range) from £500 2 year warranty
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions