what water filter should i buy?

10 replies
Found 4th Feb
recently moved houses and the water tastes so bad here that i have to buy bottled water which of course is not cost effective so what water filters would you recommend (perhaps models too?) and what cartridges to buy along with them.

Thanks

10 Comments

Aqua optima anti bacterial one. We've had one of thee normal aqua optima ones for a few years (found them better and cheaper than brita!) but got the anti bac one just after xmas... it is wonderful, tastes like mineral water

Original Poster

leeanne123

Aqua optima anti bacterial one. We've had one of thee normal aqua optima … Aqua optima anti bacterial one. We've had one of thee normal aqua optima ones for a few years (found them better and cheaper than brita!) but got the anti bac one just after xmas... it is wonderful, tastes like mineral water

how long do they actually last (aqua/brita)?

Our old ones were every two months, the new one every three

We have for years riverse osmosis water filter 9 stafes. bought from ebay from germany seller. its fantastic and now all family installed the same. there is absolutely no - zero lime scale and the water taste so nice.

Original Poster

kesi10032003

We have for years riverse osmosis water filter 9 stafes. bought from ebay … We have for years riverse osmosis water filter 9 stafes. bought from ebay from germany seller. its fantastic and now all family installed the same. there is absolutely no - zero lime scale and the water taste so nice.

i actually looked into this about a year ago and it seems like you could only buy it from international sellers. did you install it just under the sink or the whole house? this is something i would like to do later on. also how long does the cartridges last and how much are replacements? thanks

Original Poster

leeanne123

Our old ones were every two months, the new one every three

wow thats like almost three time more than brita

Cheap jug on the side is all you need. Look around at where you shop as some cartridges are harder to find unless your happy to order off net. Your only using to to drink so don't don't need much. You will be taking out the minerals though but not that's not a problem I guess?

When using Brita jug in the past have bought Wilko own brand cartridges which were at the time 3 for £3. Each cartridge lasted 2/3 months each.

I dont drink cold water from the tap but we use the aqua optima filter jug to filter tap water before we boil to ease the build up of limescale in the kettle. Each filter lasts about 3 months from memory.

I dont know if that sort of filter will improve the taste of water in your case.

Original Poster

which one of the following is better in terms of quality? (price wise aqua is much cheaper)

Brita Elemaris 3.5L £14.99 (1month Supply) : amazon.co.uk/BRI…ita

Aqua Optima 3.5L £38.40 (10month supply) : amazon.co.uk/Aqu…ers :
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18216630
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769250
    3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2484
    4. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?11

See more discussions