What will full lockdown look like?

Posted 23rd Mar
People still need shopping, (for them and errands) medicines or pay point.

A meander is good for soul
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
epic.mushroom23/03/2020 18:18

[Image] I've been getting teased by my Danish friends as they think that …[Image] I've been getting teased by my Danish friends as they think that british people are always polite & queue.

40170276-s4xfL.jpg
It would be difficult to win at Twister in that shop
Edited by: "Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell" 23rd Mar
Currently in Greece you need to text the police with your name and where you are going. Only food shops and pharmacies are allowed.
If stopped when out you need to have ID and if you haven't registered to go out then you are fined 1000 Euros.
One of my bosses said we won't be closing (ASDA), so no need to worry about that, if you need food.
One of the lads said will we be getting extra pay or something for all this harder work and working at risk of being infected, the boss laughed and said wear gloves!
33 Comments
If it goes into full lockdown you will still be able to get food and go to a pharmacy but you will need to prove where you are going
One of my bosses said we won't be closing (ASDA), so no need to worry about that, if you need food.
One of the lads said will we be getting extra pay or something for all this harder work and working at risk of being infected, the boss laughed and said wear gloves!
All of those things will be allowed, but I'm guessing that you might be questioned by the police about where you are going.

I am going to get my daily walk done very early in the morning to avoid other people. The highland cattle in our local country park will wonder where I am if I stop going to see them.
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 23rd Mar
Boots allowing 8 people at one time, some stores have marked spacing but difficult with supermarkets (with no eating out more food will be needed) and lack of online availability.
Alex Salmond knows lockdown inside out.
Currently in Greece you need to text the police with your name and where you are going. Only food shops and pharmacies are allowed.
If stopped when out you need to have ID and if you haven't registered to go out then you are fined 1000 Euros.
In France, before you leave the house, you need to print (or write) out a form then date & sign it. You need to provide a details of where you are going & why. If you’re stopped without one or your reason for being outside isn’t essential you are liable to a fine. Other than obvious essential activities such food shopping & medical care you are allowed to exercise (alone) or walk pets.

Can’t seeing us going that far here but we should know more later tonight.
Edited by: "captainbeaky" 23rd Mar
You will find out at 8.30 tonight when the PM addresses the nation.
ChuckTheDuck23/03/2020 17:41

Boots allowing 8 people at one time, some stores have marked spacing but …Boots allowing 8 people at one time, some stores have marked spacing but difficult with supermarkets (with no eating out more food will be needed) and lack of online availability.

40170237-NFjDq.jpg
I've been getting teased by my Danish friends as they think that british people are always polite & queue.

[Image] I've been getting teased by my Danish friends as they think that …[Image] I've been getting teased by my Danish friends as they think that british people are always polite & queue.

40170276-s4xfL.jpg
It would be difficult to win at Twister in that shop
Edited by: "Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell" 23rd Mar
eslick23/03/2020 18:12

You will find out at 8.30 tonight when the PM addresses the nation.

Can I ask a silly question and ask what channel, quick search on the sky epg shows nothing. I know this isn't planned.
STRICKIBHOY23/03/2020 18:32

Can I ask a silly question and ask what channel, quick search on the sky …Can I ask a silly question and ask what channel, quick search on the sky epg shows nothing. I know this isn't planned.

It's his daily address. Sky news or BBC news at 8:30 - Channel 501

Can I ask a silly question and ask what channel, quick search on the sky …Can I ask a silly question and ask what channel, quick search on the sky epg shows nothing. I know this isn't planned.

Just open BBC iPlayer mate, that's how I'm watching it. Itll be on the main menu or scroll to the channel tab and choose news
40170415-ZUDR0.jpg

ITV said it will be recorded and interrupt the normal tv schedule over ITV BBC etc
Edited by: "ChuckTheDuck" 23rd Mar
"Prime Minister Boris Johnson will talk to the country at 20:30 GMT tonight in his own words - which you can watch on BBC One and the BBC News channel."
KongDonkey23/03/2020 18:08

Currently in Greece you need to text the police with your name and where …Currently in Greece you need to text the police with your name and where you are going. Only food shops and pharmacies are allowed. If stopped when out you need to have ID and if you haven't registered to go out then you are fined 1000 Euros.

The way Greece is working at the moment is unreal, they have got their measures spot on and they will manage this situation really well if they keep this up.

Telegraph should be live streaming it on YouTube as well as it being on BBC, ITV, Sky etc.
Edited by: "jamie15" 23rd Mar
It's at times like this, that living in a motor home looks very appealing.
radium23/03/2020 19:25

It's at times like this, that living in a motor home looks very appealing.

Or getting the last flight into Fiji
Walking about town feels like on '28 days later' film set in many parts
ChuckTheDuck23/03/2020 19:31

Walking about town feels like on '28 days later' film set in many parts

Maybe we could make another Zombie film or 'A Quiet Town' rather than A Quiet Place

Ah, that's such romantic thought of the British!
Source: Mrs Lovelock Anti-Queue Champion (1945) ; British Pathé.

Frankie7723/03/2020 18:52

"Prime Minister Boris Johnson will talk to the country at 20:30 GMT …"Prime Minister Boris Johnson will talk to the country at 20:30 GMT tonight in his own words - which you can watch on BBC One and the BBC News channel."

I don't know why he bothers, he is always late with his leadership. I know the actions already from the other countries as they are a few days to two weeks ahead.
Hope this time Boris Johnson is very strict and implement really strict rules. In other European countries, where severe social distancing rules are already in place for 2 weeks the numbers of infected people are coming down ( Belgium, Germany ) and as a result they have a much lower mortality rate than the UK.
Toon_army23/03/2020 17:34

One of my bosses said we won't be closing (ASDA), so no need to worry …One of my bosses said we won't be closing (ASDA), so no need to worry about that, if you need food.One of the lads said will we be getting extra pay or something for all this harder work and working at risk of being infected, the boss laughed and said wear gloves!

I asked that, people sit at home on 80% wage, yet I’ve got to work everyday for no extra...
People a blaming the government for not putting lockdown in place, if people took responsibility for there own actions they wouldn’t need to... but like everything now a days people are idiots...
Boris Johnson has announced a complete lockdown of the UK, banning people from leaving their homes or meeting in groups of more than two people as the Government scrambles to enforce social distancing measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

In a public address to the nation this evening, the Prime Minister said the public will not be allowed to leave their homes except for a few specific reasons, and could be fined £30 for meeting outside in groups of more than two people.

All non-essential shops will close, as will outdoor gyms, kiosks and places of worship, except for funerals.

The unprecedented measures were prompted by fears in Downing Street that its coronavirus suppression measures have been ignored by the public, and modelling that suggests at least three quarters of people must follow them for the NHS to be kept afloat.

Under the new lockdown, members of the public must not leave their house except to :

Shop for essentials, as infrequently as possible
Exercise outdoors once per day, alone or with household members
Receive medical treatment or provide care
Travel to and from work if impossible to work from home
SHOPS ALLOWED TO STAY OPEN
ONLY a small group of retailers will be allowed to stay open, they include:

• Supermarkets
  • Pharmacies
  • Newsagents
  • Pet shops
  • Hardware stores
  • Banks
  • Post Offices
Argos Stores UpdateFollowing the Prime Minister’s announcement, standalone Argos stores are now closed. The Argos website is open as usual and still offering fast delivery, so while shops are shut customers can still buy Argos products online quickly and easily.

Argos stores in Sainsbury’s supermarkets are also still open. Check here to find your nearest store.

We would strongly encourage you to order your items online for home delivery, or to collect whilst doing your essential food shopping at Sainsbury’s.

We will share more details about how we will continue to serve you as soon as possible. For now, thank you for your support and understanding.
40173534-LmmyR.jpg
Bargainhead23/03/2020 20:20

People a blaming the government for not putting lockdown in place, if …People a blaming the government for not putting lockdown in place, if people took responsibility for there own actions they wouldn’t need to... but like everything now a days people are idiots...

Although I do agree with these sentiments, to be fair to everyone, there has been so many mixed messages. It was only 9 days ago that we were being advised that the government were implementing the herd immunity strategy. Hopefully now that clear direct instructions have been put in place, rather than 'guidelines', the nation will comply.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants