What wireless speakers for my projector?

Found 13th Dec 2015
Hello,
I need some wireless speakers for my projector, but I am not sure what connectivity to look for or what would I need.

Sonos are out of my budget. the speakers I am looking at have wifi and/or bluetooth and/or NFC, however the projector Optoma HD141x does not have any of these so how would I connect the projector directly to the speakers? Can apple TV connect to bluetooth speakers?
Thank you for your help
Merry Christmas
Community Updates
AskSpeaker
18 Comments
I've been looking at this company, m.uk.raumfeld.com/sal…129 You buy direct from the company. They do some stereo cubes that have wifi.
Google 3.5mm audio bluetooth transmitter. This will plug into your projectors 3.5mm audio out socket but then transmit the signal using bluetooth to any bluetooth speaker system. Link just an example.

Bluetooth Wireless Audio Transmitter & Receiver 3.5mm

For atv you need a speaker that supports airplay.
http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1361169458

Speaker below is both airplay and wireless also has wifi so you can play internet radio as well. JL link only a reference not saying they are cheapest.
richersounds.com/pro…blk

Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 13th Dec 2015
chalkyrollo

I've been looking at this company, … I've been looking at this company, https://m.uk.raumfeld.com/sale-streaming.html?partner_id=sem.uk.rf-uk.g.b.uk-raumfeld-brand.mob.a_1550129 You buy direct from the company. They do some stereo cubes that have wifi.

Thanks for the suggestion ill have a look, but they seem maybe out of my budget too.
cecilmcroberts

Google 3.5mm audio bluetooth transmitter. This will plug into your … Google 3.5mm audio bluetooth transmitter. This will plug into your projectors 3.5mm audio out socket but then transmit the signal using bluetooth to any bluetooth speaker system. Link just an example. Bluetooth Wireless Audio Transmitter & Receiver 3.5mmFor atv you need a speaker that supports airplay.http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1361169458Speaker below is both airplay and wireless also has wifi so you can play internet radio as well. JL link only a reference not saying they are cheapest.http://www.richersounds.com/product/wireless-docks,-speakers-and-portables/cambridge-audio/minx-air-100/camb-air100-blk

Thank you for this, how are these bluetooth transmitters in terms of quality and range? how do you set them up in terms of pairing? Thank you
Alllfff

Thank you for this, how are these bluetooth transmitters in terms of … Thank you for this, how are these bluetooth transmitters in terms of quality and range? how do you set them up in terms of pairing? Thank you

In all honesty never used one myself. Pairing instructions are given in products descriptions normally. For all the price of some of the transmitters not much to lose. Personally I'd worry about sound lag more than anything but something you can't really tell until you test.
What is your budget?
What you really want is an av receiver with hdmi and a couple of speakers. This means you will have wires but you will also have good quality sound. The problem with using wireless is that there will likely be a delay (especially with bluetooth) and that means your audio and video will be out of sync. Or you could get a pc speaker system and run the 3.5mm headphone out from your projector to the speakers.
ipswich78

What is your budget?

about £170 for a pair.
looking at:
WHARFEDALE DS1
or TIBO PLUS 2
or Harman Kardon OMNI 10
or some bluetooth sound bar?
badasschris

What you really want is an av receiver with hdmi and a couple of … What you really want is an av receiver with hdmi and a couple of speakers. This means you will have wires but you will also have good quality sound. The problem with using wireless is that there will likely be a delay (especially with bluetooth) and that means your audio and video will be out of sync. Or you could get a pc speaker system and run the 3.5mm headphone out from your projector to the speakers.

Will there always be delay? I would like to explore my wireless options before I havr to change my mind on the wires
Alllfff

Will there always be delay? I would like to explore my wireless options … Will there always be delay? I would like to explore my wireless options before I havr to change my mind on the wires

You won't get a decent setup for that especially wireless. As above either get a decent set of PC Speakers and run them from the headphone socket of the PJ or even better as mentioned above an AV Receiver and then cabled speakers.

What is your source for the PJ?
For a cheaper option i would highly recommend the Anker A3143 i have one myself and for the price you pay it is an absolute steal!
The sound quality even compares to the Bose Soundlink 2.
kuboro37

For a cheaper option i would highly recommend the Anker A3143 i have one … For a cheaper option i would highly recommend the Anker A3143 i have one myself and for the price you pay it is an absolute steal! The sound quality even compares to the Bose Soundlink 2.

Good value for money but NOT comparable to the Bose Soundlink 2.
ipswich78

Good value for money but NOT comparable to the Bose Soundlink 2.

Does it not? Have a listen for yourself... LINK
And to think that i seen this speaker up on sale on Amazon for a little over £20 is crazy i think this was on black Friday.
I personally bought it for £39.99 and i would buy it again, best Bluetooth speaker i have had.
kuboro37

Does it not? Have a listen for yourself... LINK

Haha seriously? "Have a listen for yourself" mmmmm doesn't work quite like that does it?

I'm not knocking the Anker just to compare the build and sound quality to the Bose is ludicrous.
Edited by: "ipswich78" 13th Dec 2015
ipswich78

Haha seriously? "Have a listen for yourself" mmmmm doesn't work quite … Haha seriously? "Have a listen for yourself" mmmmm doesn't work quite like that does it?I'm not knocking the Anker just to compare the build and sound quality to the Bose is ludicrous.

What do you mean?
I think Bose is a little over advertised why would you not compare these 2 together?
kuboro37

What do you mean? I think Bose is a little over advertised why would you … What do you mean? I think Bose is a little over advertised why would you not compare these 2 together?

Oh indeed Bose do some fantastic marketing and brand building but they're not at the audio quality that they seem to suggest. But Anker is a budget brand that do punch above their weight however this still doesn't bring it on par with the Bose.
Edited by: "ipswich78" 13th Dec 2015
Alllfff

Will there always be delay? I would like to explore my wireless options … Will there always be delay? I would like to explore my wireless options before I havr to change my mind on the wires

From my experience with bluetooth, yes there will always be some delay. Rf wireless headphones don't seem to have a noticeable delay but I'm not sure what speakers/gadgets you can get with that technology. I have seen av receivers with wireless speakers but they are more expensive and you still need to run the audio from your devices to the receiver via cables. I think you will save yourself a lot of hassle if you just go wired and focus on the best quality for your budget (~£100 then go for some decent 2.1 pc speaker setup and run a long 3.5mm extension cable across your room. they are very thin so you can easily tack it to the walls and even pain over it. Or you could run it under the carpet)
If you really want to try out the wireless options you could go and ask in richer sounds if you can try it out first. Some of their stores do demos or maybe you can even take it home to try first
Edited by: "IamChris" 13th Dec 2015
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants