Expired

What word can be used to categorise things like schools, hospitals, hotels, businesses etc

Found 17th Aug 2014
I'm looking for a word, other than infrastructure or services, to categorise things like hospitals and schools etc. Tried a thesaurus on the word infrastructure but its not helping. I want to use it in sentence like this "....this is how far Japan's _____ has come " or "the quality of a country's _____ can be measured by...."

Any ideas?

17 Comments

Public works

Sorry, never noticed you didn't want infrastructure lol
Edited by: "alictait" 17th Aug 2014

public amenities?

shazzashops

public amenities?

Good choice

Original Poster

Is a school or hospital an amenity?

Local establishments ?

Resources ?

Provisions ?

The correct term is tertiary sector.

Original Poster

pghstochaj

Thanks for all the answers friends. Tertiary Sector is absolutely spot on according to the Wikipedia description so voted as answer.

cubed

Thanks for all the answers friends. Tertiary Sector is absolutely spot on … Thanks for all the answers friends. Tertiary Sector is absolutely spot on according to the Wikipedia description so voted as answer.

Don't trust everything you read on wikipedia

Banned

corrupt ...

buildings
big buildings
things
places
big places

archer1204

Don't trust everything you read on wikipedia

It's still correct though.

Jedward.

pghstochaj

Tertiary only means "service" sector and segments the market between firms selling physical / tangible products and ones who sell intangible products i.e. services.

Tangible meaning "able to touch", so you can touch a physical product but not a service.

Other sectors include Primary and Secondary. WOW Business 101 all over again!

**** holes.
Post a comment
@
    Text