Groups

What would be a good deal for the HTC Desire?

Really need to get a new phone, so I'm thinking of heading into town today to see what the best offer is I can get.

I'm currently on the O2 simplicity rolling contract thing which only costs £20 a month which suits me down to the ground so wouldn't really want to deviate from that too much. I've been with the Carphone Warehouse for years now - whats the chances they'll offer me a good deal on the Desire if I ask?

Was hoping you guys could give me some pointers on what would be a good deal / tariff for the HTC Desire

Rep will be left thanks

9 Comments

The Desire is about the most sort after phone at the moment (until the new iPhone hits on Thursday).

If you can, I wait until next week, once everyone and their dog goes in wanting an iPhone 4 they'll be falling over themselves to sell you something else.

Also, there a stock shortage on the Desire at the moment, once that clears the price may drop.

Original Poster

steve1221;8890955

The Desire is about the most sort after phone at the moment (until the … The Desire is about the most sort after phone at the moment (until the new iPhone hits on Thursday).If you can, I wait until next week, once everyone and their dog goes in wanting an iPhone 4 they'll be falling over themselves to sell you something else.Also, there a stock shortage on the Desire at the moment, once that clears the price may drop.

ah ok, thanks

Original Poster

DragonChris;8891403

This might be of … This might be of use:http://myhtcdesire.com/deals/deal-htc-desire-285-on-o2

thanks handy website that. Don't really like the idea of spending £285 on a handset! Its a lot of money and I would think twice about whatever it was I was buying for that amount, dont think I could justify it to myself in this case

Banned

I got offered one on an 18 month contract with voda. 600 mins, unlimited text and 500MB data for £20pm for 15 months, then $30pm for the final 3 months. Annoyingly they are now out of stock until the end of the month.

However, this works out £360 over the entire term...... just £120 more than for the equivalent simplicity type sim only!

Original Poster

guv;8891641

I got offered one on an 18 month contract with voda. 600 mins, unlimited … I got offered one on an 18 month contract with voda. 600 mins, unlimited text and 500MB data for £20pm for 15 months, then $30pm for the final 3 months. Annoyingly they are now out of stock until the end of the month.However, this works out £360 over the entire term...... just £120 more than for the equivalent simplicity type sim only!

how did you get offered this?

roryk83;8891705

+1

guv;8891641

I got offered one on an 18 month contract with voda. 600 mins, unlimited … I got offered one on an 18 month contract with voda. 600 mins, unlimited text and 500MB data for £20pm for 15 months, then $30pm for the final 3 months. Annoyingly they are now out of stock until the end of the month.However, this works out £360 over the entire term...... just £120 more than for the equivalent simplicity type sim only!

Another +1.
    Which network and was it an upgrade?
    I wish I was offered that!

Edit: Just saw voda, was it an online tariff? Thanks.

roryk83;8891705

Pavers;8891725

+1

sickly sweet;8891748

Another +1.Which network and was it an upgrade?I wish I was offered … Another +1.Which network and was it an upgrade?I wish I was offered that!Edit: Just saw voda, was it an online tariff? Thanks.

+4! vodafones upgrade deals they offered me were rubbish and they didn't even offer me a retenstions deal
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …94169
      2. O2 priority £1 lunch to end for good55
      3. Updated 22/8/17: List of companies which spam or have been hacked2883
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1215

See more discussions