Groups

What would make a good first-date - from a girl's perspective?

I met a girl in my local newsagents and to cut a long story short, we're going out next Thursday on a first-date. We're both (I think) in our early thirties and so far, we've agreed to spend time in Glasgow's West End. Any suggestions on what can I do to make sure she enjoys the date?

71 Comments

gently close her left eyelid and whisper "moonpig.com"

pay her attention,

listen to her

ask her things about herself

get to know her

chill out and laugh x x x

ask her if she can cook and clean

As CoM said really. I wouldn't go to a cinema or club as you can't get to know each other until afterwards.

Maybe go to a cocktail bar and try new cocktails together?

This is going to be an epic thread :w00t:
    Just waiting for DangerGod to continue from yesterday.

Take her somewhere where you can hear each other, don't 'interview' her, make her laugh.

Nice meal and a wine bar maybe?

Just make her laugh though, if you do then you'll be doing really well.:)

dont nom nom her NO NOM NOMING ON FIRST DATE

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6049630

pay her attention,listen to herask her things about herselfget to know … pay her attention,listen to herask her things about herselfget to know herchill out and laugh x x x

Sounds good!

Is flowers on a first-date too cheesy?

raptorcigs;6049677

dont nom nom her NO NOM NOMING ON FIRST DATE

noming on first date is acceptable :whistling:

;-)

windhoek;6049679

Sounds good! Is flowers on a first-date too cheesy?

NO

windhoek;6049679

so long as she likes flowers thats good...

if the show of affection would make her feel self conscious then not so good...

find out what she likes before giving gifts... xx

Original Poster

I'm sure there's a few bars around the WE, although I suspect I'll be driving so it'll probably be orange juice for me.

windhoek;6049679

I would only do flowers on a first date, if you're Hugh Grant. I think he could get away with it. Us mortal men probably couldn't.

kyalion;6049704

I would only do flowers on a first date, if you're Hugh Grant. I think he … I would only do flowers on a first date, if you're Hugh Grant. I think he could get away with it. Us mortal men probably couldn't.

I'd +1 this lol

windhoek;6049699

I'm sure there's a few bars around the WE, although I suspect I'll be … I'm sure there's a few bars around the WE, although I suspect I'll be driving so it'll probably be orange juice for me.

well find an open park or summin and just sit on the grass and talk? x x

Butterflies;6049659

As CoM said really. I wouldn't go to a cinema or club as you can't get … As CoM said really. I wouldn't go to a cinema or club as you can't get to know each other until afterwards.Maybe go to a cocktail bar and try new cocktails together?

That's a good idea. Offer her a slow screw up against the wall ... :whistling:

Original Poster

snowflake;6049674

Take her somewhere where you can hear each other, don't 'interview' her, … Take her somewhere where you can hear each other, don't 'interview' her, make her laugh.Nice meal and a wine bar maybe? Just make her laugh though, if you do then you'll be doing really well.:)

sounds good, I'll remember it's not an interview or interrogation lol

Spod;6049721

That's a good idea. Offer her a slow screw up against the wall ... … That's a good idea. Offer her a slow screw up against the wall ... :whistling:

sounds like an excellent idea to me lol

ClarityofMind;6049696

so long as she likes flowers thats good...if the show of affection would … so long as she likes flowers thats good...if the show of affection would make her feel self conscious then not so good... find out what she likes before giving gifts... xx

I did.

You can't wrap what you like though :?

pics nano

kyalion;6049704

I would only do flowers on a first date, if you're Hugh Grant. I think he … I would only do flowers on a first date, if you're Hugh Grant. I think he could get away with it. Us mortal men probably couldn't.

I wouldn't class Hugh Grant as immortal :thumbsup: lol

Original Poster

ok, flowers are out

is she says she has an itch be sure to itch it for her

mbgringo;6049730

I did.You can't wrap what you like though :?

lol!

you could but we agreed not to :whistling:

Original Poster

dandangran15;6049741

is she says she has an itch be sure to itch it for her

Is that likely to get me a slap in the face?

windhoek;6049754

Is that likely to get me a slap in the face?

not if she asks first lol

how old are you both?

why don't you drive out of Glasgow to somewhere a bit quiter where none of you will know anyone, have a meal and a few drinks and drive through some nice countryside

Original Poster

I'm 36 and I think she's early thirties

raptorcigs;6049683

NO

i think it is, but its been an awfully long time since i was on a first date, but i am female.

Original Poster

If we opt for an outdoors thing, I just hope it stops raining by then lol

windhoek;6049767

I'm 36 and I think she's early thirties

awww how sweet x x

Just enjoy yourselves hon.

you nervous? x x

Original Poster

We spoke on the phone yesterday as she left her number for me with the shopkeeper, and I'm pretty sure we were both nervous on the phone. Although our first contact in the shop was very light and spontaneous

Original Poster

I wonder if she's a HUKDer? If so, then what a common bond that would be!

Can you skate? Take her skating? You can hold each other up as you go round the rink together. Lots of touching and it's allowed!

windhoek;6049805

I wonder if she's a HUKDer? If so, then what a common bond that would be!

dating an hukder?? who'd do that??

Original Poster

Ahh that's a great idea, I'm not sure if there's skating nearby though

Spod;6049819

Can you skate? Take her skating? You can hold each other up as you go … Can you skate? Take her skating? You can hold each other up as you go round the rink together. Lots of touching and it's allowed!

you've thought about this havent you lol

windhoek;6049787

We spoke on the phone yesterday as she left her number for me with the … We spoke on the phone yesterday as she left her number for me with the shopkeeper, and I'm pretty sure we were both nervous on the phone. Although our first contact in the shop was very light and spontaneous

she was brave to pass along her number like that!

She's obviously very spontaneous, just go with whatever comes up x x

Original Poster

Ok, I've got some ideas - some good and some not so good, but ideas nonetheless!

Thanks for your input :thumbsup:

windhoek;6049867

Ok, I've got some ideas - some good and some not so good, but ideas … Ok, I've got some ideas - some good and some not so good, but ideas nonetheless!Thanks for your input :thumbsup:

you're welcome hon x x

Have a lovely date.

Let us know how it goes!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …126296
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415714099
      3. Any PS4 News Here29213636
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2429

See more discussions