What would my total cost be if ordering a £25 item from ebay USA?

Found 25th FebEdited by:"urinthematrix"
Hi all, I have never used ebay USA, so I am not sure what sort of charge I will be committing to.

Could someone plz guide me to the approx cost including import tax, Royal mail processing cost etc I will have to pay if I want to buy this saladmaster cookery pan?

Mentioned on the ad:

Pan £23.61
Delivery £21.09
Import charge £9.20 approx (why is this approx?)

Is there any other charge? Any way to make any of above cheaper?

Plz kindly advise /help, thanks

m.ebay.co.uk/itm…sTL
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Royal Mail £8 handling fee and they also collect the import charge £9.20 = £17.20. I ordered 2 items from Canada and each time I paid £17.50 in fees.
It's approximate because eBay, through their courier, handles the custom clearance in advance and estimates the cost.
You'll pay what they estimate in import tax so you are not charged again once you get the item as it will be a domestic shipment when it gets to you.
Ebay imports it and then forwards it on to you from within the UK.
What the other poster said is valid for normal importing of stuff that's not sent via the eBay global shipping program.
Edited by: "hearts22" 26th Feb
hearts224 h, 20 m ago

It's approximate because eBay, through their courier, handles the custom …It's approximate because eBay, through their courier, handles the custom clearance in advance and estimates the cost. You'll pay what they estimate in import tax so you are not charged again once you get the item as it will be a domestic shipment when it gets to you. Ebay imports it and then forwards it on to you from within the UK.What the other poster said is valid for normal importing of stuff that's not sent via the eBay global shipping program.

Thank you for your fast reply.

So for my above item, I will only pay for these three categories :

Pan £23.61 +
Delivery £21.09 +
Import charge £9.20 (collected by ebay global)

= approx £54 only.

Am I correct?

PS. Any idea how long the delivery might take?

Thanks
urinthematrix6 m ago

Thank you for your fast reply. So for my above item, I will only pay for …Thank you for your fast reply. So for my above item, I will only pay for these three categories :Pan £23.61 +Delivery £21.09 +Import charge £9.20 (collected by ebay global) = approx £54 only. Am I correct? PS. Any idea how long the delivery might take? Thanks

I've just had a teeth whitening kit sent over from the states using eBay's GSP, took just over a week.
If you add you item to your basket on eBay it will tell you the total price.
I paid £42 for the item and £22 for delivery and import charges.
INDUSTRYHATER1 h, 10 m ago

I've just had a teeth whitening kit sent over from the states using eBay's …I've just had a teeth whitening kit sent over from the states using eBay's GSP, took just over a week.If you add you item to your basket on eBay it will tell you the total price. I paid £42 for the item and £22 for delivery and import charges.

check Amazon.com for toothwhitening they deliver the crest ones and often have coupons as well, paid $46 delivered last year worked out cheaper than buying them in CSV in the states.
urinthematrix1 h, 53 m ago

Thank you for your fast reply. So for my above item, I will only pay for …Thank you for your fast reply. So for my above item, I will only pay for these three categories :Pan £23.61 +Delivery £21.09 +Import charge £9.20 (collected by ebay global) = approx £54 only. Am I correct? PS. Any idea how long the delivery might take? Thanks

Yes, you'll pay the cost of the item, plus delivery and import charges as outlined by eBay.
I am not sure about delivery times unfortunately.
It should give you an estimate usually in the listing.
INDUSTRYHATER2 h, 6 m ago

I've just had a teeth whitening kit sent over from the states using eBay's …I've just had a teeth whitening kit sent over from the states using eBay's GSP, took just over a week.If you add you item to your basket on eBay it will tell you the total price. I paid £42 for the item and £22 for delivery and import charges.

Perfect timing, I was gonna look into getting a proper kit from Stateside myself. Would you recommend the one you got, and if so can you point me towards the seller?

I appreciate that very much.
majestic20121 h, 37 m ago

Perfect timing, I was gonna look into getting a proper kit from Stateside …Perfect timing, I was gonna look into getting a proper kit from Stateside myself. Would you recommend the one you got, and if so can you point me towards the seller?I appreciate that very much.

I've got the Colgate Optic white gel kit, it's the exact one my dentist uses (my partner had it done so I could see what she was given) - she paid £250 for 1 kit which included custom mouth trays. They are only available through dentists in the UK, that's why I got mine from the US. There's also an eBay seller who does the proper mouth trays, they post the putty and you set it on your teeth and post it back to them, they then send your mouth trays back to you.
Mouth trays cost me £30
Whitening kits x 2 £64ish
Seller I used is called: jcgal522
Feedback is 100% over 12,000 transactions
INDUSTRYHATER46 m ago

I've got the Colgate Optic white gel kit, it's the exact one my dentist …I've got the Colgate Optic white gel kit, it's the exact one my dentist uses (my partner had it done so I could see what she was given) - she paid £250 for 1 kit which included custom mouth trays. They are only available through dentists in the UK, that's why I got mine from the US. There's also an eBay seller who does the proper mouth trays, they post the putty and you set it on your teeth and post it back to them, they then send your mouth trays back to you. Mouth trays cost me £30Whitening kits x 2 £64ish Seller I used is called: jcgal522 Feedback is 100% over 12,000 transactions

That’s absolutely ideal, many thanks.

I’ll have a look for the seller on eBay just now.
INDUSTRYHATER6 h, 33 m ago

Thank you.
I don't order anything from abroad (non EU) because of not knowing about the pricing structure - normally very scared because of the unclear import taxes and royal mail /DHL handling charge, it puts me off. But if all prices are clearly stated then will be more confident in ordering. I think this ebay global is a fantastic system.
urinthematrix3 h, 25 m ago

Thank you. I don't order anything from abroad (non EU) because of not …Thank you. I don't order anything from abroad (non EU) because of not knowing about the pricing structure - normally very scared because of the unclear import taxes and royal mail /DHL handling charge, it puts me off. But if all prices are clearly stated then will be more confident in ordering. I think this ebay global is a fantastic system.

I too avoided it until I found out about eBay global. What impressed me was that they got the item through 3 different depots and into the uk within 3 days.
INDUSTRYHATER1 h, 22 m ago

I too avoided it until I found out about eBay global. What impressed me …I too avoided it until I found out about eBay global. What impressed me was that they got the item through 3 different depots and into the uk within 3 days.

Wow
Sounds incredible!!
INDUSTRYHATER4 h, 32 m ago

I too avoided it until I found out about eBay global. What impressed me …I too avoided it until I found out about eBay global. What impressed me was that they got the item through 3 different depots and into the uk within 3 days.

As I will have to pay in dollars, what's the best way to pay to get best rates and exempt from exchange fees etc?
(I have Halifax clarity credit card which is meant to be fee free but then I don't think they will give protection like PayPal protection)
Edited by: "urinthematrix" 26th Feb
INDUSTRYHATER4 h, 38 m ago

Thanks for that, will try that next time
urinthematrix9 h, 2 m ago

As I will have to pay in dollars, what's the best way to pay to get best …As I will have to pay in dollars, what's the best way to pay to get best rates and exempt from exchange fees etc? (I have Halifax clarity credit card which is meant to be fee free but then I don't think they will give protection like PayPal protection)

I paid via PayPal, they take care of all that, zero fees.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions