Groups

What would u say is a reasonable pay rate for nights at the mo please?

For either supermarket work or a hotel receptionist or something similar??

Roughly x

11 Comments

I'd say £9 an hour gross minimum on nights

You will do well to get near £7 p/hour.

greg_68

I'd say £9 an hour gross minimum on nights

i agree but maybe £8 unless its london
    Edited by: "chris3349" 2nd Mar 2011

There is other 'night' work that pays better. X)

Original Poster

Thanks guys......off to a couple of interviews later and didn't wanna sound greedy lol

Sy......oh how u try!! I'm not sleeping with u.....lady of the night or not! lol

So the minimum wage is what, around £6-£6.50? Most jobs I know pay 33-50% night shift premium so I got that to be around £9 an hour, £8 or less is just scandalous for nights IMO. Not worth doing to me.

Original Poster

I thought the minimum wage for £5 something ???
    Have to say I was hoping for £8 so will see how it goes x
    Edited by: "hannah19790" 2nd Mar 2011

£5.93 if you are 21

But supermarkets pay above that don't they? What are shift premiums for suparmarkets?

Edit: found a google thread (from 2009) that said supermarmets GA's are around £7.70 on nights, so that must be around £8 now

Current Tesco's thread: Hey guys, had my induction and interview. Got the job
    I'm on £7.80 /hour which isn't bad for a night shift.
    They said this will also go up once I'd been working there for 3 or 6 months?

Edited by: "greg_68" 2nd Mar 2011

hannah19790

Thanks guys......off to a couple of interviews later and didn't wanna … Thanks guys......off to a couple of interviews later and didn't wanna sound greedy lolSy......oh how u try!! I'm not sleeping with u.....lady of the night or not! lol

X)

Original Poster

greg_68

£5.93 if you are 21But supermarkets pay above that don't they? What are … £5.93 if you are 21But supermarkets pay above that don't they? What are shift premiums for suparmarkets?Edit: found a google thread (from 2009) that said supermarmets GA's are around £7.70 on nights, so that must be around £8 now

Oh well that's great then.....£8 should sound pretty reasonable. Thanks for that hun, much appreciated xx

Original Poster

Syzable

X)

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Anyone else find Playerunknown super addictive but soooo frustrating54
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?35227
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …188492
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?32155

See more discussions