Groups

What would you do....

Basically me and 4 mates decided to go on a mini lads holiday away just in the UK.

However 3 people dropped out all in the last 2 weeks, stating they are busy, can't get the time off work etc.

They have already paid me the money for the hotels and so forth.

They said can't they get a refund, but everything was booked in advance with not a refund option to make it as cheap as possible.

I could cancel the travel arrangements which means everyone get about 25% of their money back. Or should I just go with me and the only other friend going and not worry about them

Thanks!

58 Comments

IMO they agreed to the holiday and the conditions so they should lose their money and you should go away. It's not your fault that they want to change the deal now.

offer it to others

I can come with you instead? I'm only 50, young and hip. And I know how to twerk.

Why should you lose money just because they can't go? Tell them that the only way they can recoup their money is if they can find someone to take their place. Failing that, they lose their money and you go with the other friend.

if they knew the deal was non refundable then no they knew the risks. best idea is for them to try sell there place on the trip to a friend who can go

When is it, and where are you going?

I'll pay half of what one paid, so they get half the money back on one place. I coud do with a wee holiday
    Edited by: "rehydrated" 29th Jul 2014

Original Poster

rehydrated

When is it, and where are you going?I'll pay half of what one paid, so … When is it, and where are you going?I'll pay half of what one paid, so they get half the money back on one place. I coud do with a wee holiday

Haha, first need to know your age, gender, height, favourite drink?

Original Poster

Thanks all for the replies

Original Poster

mystogan12

I can come with you instead? I'm only 50, young and hip. And I know how … I can come with you instead? I'm only 50, young and hip. And I know how to twerk.

haha

How far in advance did they agree to go on this holiday?

How long is the holiday?
    Edited by: "J4GG4" 29th Jul 2014

Susannah

IMO they agreed to the holiday and the conditions so they should lose … IMO they agreed to the holiday and the conditions so they should lose their money and you should go away. It's not your fault that they want to change the deal now.

This.

I'd go. You could offer their place to others at discount. Seems a shame to waste it.

TheBoss96

I'll come. 37/male/6ft/Fuzzy Navel.

I'll bring a bonus of having you constantly swamped by women.

And I'll tuck you in.

let them try and sell the holiday to their mates if they can't find anyone to go,they lose the money but you still go.

TheBoss96

Hey agism is illegal and Ill drink anything your buying,,,,,,,as for gender given you mates let you down I would have thought you would be asking for several young healthy women to join you on a "free" holiday.
    Edited by: "arachnoid" 29th Jul 2014

Banned

Looks like new mates will be required, whatever way you decide to go this is the end of you lot..... oO

When and where is this holiday?

Just got this text:-

Mate, you're not going to believe this, I've just won a competition on Radio 1 for a holiday to Greece! Got £2000 spending money and I can take 5 mates. I know it's short notice but if you're free from 1st August to 15th august, can you put my bin out?

deeky

And I'll tuck you in.

Is that a euphemism? (_;)

athunder

Is that a euphemism? (_;)

Might be. Might not be. X)

t_kaay

Why should you lose money just because they can't go? Tell them that the … Why should you lose money just because they can't go? Tell them that the only way they can recoup their money is if they can find someone to take their place. Failing that, they lose their money and you go with the other friend.

Chup karr

t_kaay

Why should you lose money just because they can't go? Tell them that the … Why should you lose money just because they can't go? Tell them that the only way they can recoup their money is if they can find someone to take their place. Failing that, they lose their money and you go with the other friend.

Amazing_1

Ai vai gorya

Is their something wrong with you? Why do you keep making these ridiculous off the wall comments?

Here's another one. What's it all about?

Edited by: "deeky" 29th Jul 2014

deeky

Is their something wrong with you? Why do you keep making these … Is their something wrong with you? Why do you keep making these ridiculous off the wall comments?

Hey, i think i know you old boy? X)

deeky

Is their something wrong with you? Why do you keep making these … Is their something wrong with you? Why do you keep making these ridiculous off the wall comments?

Nothing ridiculous about it, simply means be quiet.You should try and learn different languages as it comes in handy at times.

_skeeter_

Hey, i think i know you old boy? X)

Hey, I KNOW you know me

_skeeter_

Nothing ridiculous about it, simply means be quiet.You should try and … Nothing ridiculous about it, simply means be quiet.You should try and learn different languages as it comes in handy at times.

I know what it means - as old as I am I still know how to use Google. It's just such a random response to a perfectly legitimate comment.

Maybe you could explain the 2nd one (which I added later)? Google seems to struggle with that one.
    Edited by: "deeky" 29th Jul 2014

TheBoss96

Is it one of those 'drinking' holidays where everybody drinks alcoholic drinks every day?

What would you do....

Go without them, they've dropped out.

My favourite drink is ribena on the rocks.

mystogan12

My favourite drink is ribena on the rocks.

Um Bongo FTW

Sell the 3 tickets on ebay they might get most money back?

Banned

hardly your mates if they are asking for a refund after you told them paid in advance. go with some Misc recruits ITT

Banned

deeky

Is their something wrong with you? Why do you keep making these … Is their something wrong with you? Why do you keep making these ridiculous off the wall comments? Here's another one. What's it all about?

get with the lingo yaar

You and your other mate get a full refund, and whatever money is left split between the ones that cancelled?

Original Poster

arachnoid

Hey agism is illegal and Ill drink anything your buying,,,,,,,as for … Hey agism is illegal and Ill drink anything your buying,,,,,,,as for gender given you mates let you down I would have thought you would be asking for several young healthy women to join you on a "free" holiday.

Your coming on holiday with us then, if your a young women

TheBoss96

You're*

You are..........oO

The first rounds on you

Transformers

You're*

There goes YOUR ticket X)

Ure

http://i.gyazo.com/287770b1c743cbbe52ee13ab14d7a27b.png

TheBoss96

woman.

Have you already started drinking?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764220
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1625
      3. What do these 2 men have in common1219
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31140

See more discussions