What would you do?

I bought a milk frother from eBay on Friday which arrived today. It did not work so I contacted the seller, who has 100% feedback, and she promised to put another one in the post to me. I didn't think it would be as easy as that; I at least thought I'd have to send the broken one back.
Anyway, seeing that I would receive another one, I set about repairing thev frother. Took me over an hour and found that the motor has faulty wiring. It is working properly now. What would you do, stop the replacement coming or say nothing?

23 Comments

just leave it. you never know if the 1st one will stop working ... or indeed if the 2nd one doesnt work too.

I would tell the seller you manage to fix it and how you fixed it.

Seller User ID?

As she was so good to you, I would return the favour.
One thing is worrying though, are these brand new, and is the wiring dangerous.

I would also leave excellent feedback for seller - we need more like this on ebay

I always thought you were honest Pred!:)

To be fair if I had bought it there would have been no way I could have fixed it and it would have gone back. You didn't get the goods in working order like you paid for. Maybe a compromise down the middle somewhere? But that may then mean you just look like a dodgy buyer.

i need a milk frother. how much was it? i havent been able to find one in any shop near me lol.

Banned

i brought a graded hoover once that had a slight fault nothing much really contacted the seller they just sent me another one and said keep the 1st one as well

did you mean this small frother or some fancy one?
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31HTB254Z6L._SL160_AA115_.jpg

just to clarify,my line of thought was that it can get complicated (dodge buyer etc) if item is already on the way ...

Original Poster

kippy;4172287

just leave it. you never know if the 1st one will stop working ... or … just leave it. you never know if the 1st one will stop working ... or indeed if the 2nd one doesnt work too.

Jumpingphil;4172293

As she was so good to you, I would return the favour.One thing is … As she was so good to you, I would return the favour.One thing is worrying though, are these brand new, and is the wiring dangerous.

hellfire;4172309

I always thought you were honest Pred!:)To be fair if I had bought it … I always thought you were honest Pred!:)To be fair if I had bought it there would have been no way I could have fixed it and it would have gone back. You didn't get the goods in working order like you paid for. Maybe a compromise down the middle somewhere? But that may then mean you just look like a dodgy buyer.

shanecr;4172314

i need a milk frother. how much was it? i havent been able to find one in … i need a milk frother. how much was it? i havent been able to find one in any shop near me lol.

I am going to wait to see if the second one is working ok. It was new (made by Salter) as the box was sealed. Once I know it is ok, mabe after a week or two, I am going to give the seller half their money back. Not going to tell them beforehand, because I agree that it might look dodgy.
It was only £5.95 so no big deal I suppose.

It runs on two AA batteries.

Banned

i would let the seller know you have fixed it, perhaps there is a faulty batch and then send the item back to the seller.. then contact trading standards:w00t:

Original Poster

kippy;4172351

did you mean this small frother or some fancy one?

Very similar.

Predikuesi;4172385

I am going to wait to see if the second one is working ok. It was new … I am going to wait to see if the second one is working ok. It was new (made by Salter) as the box was sealed. Once I know it is ok, mabe after a week or two, I am going to give the seller half their money back. Not going to tell them beforehand, because I agree that it might look dodgy.It was only £5.95 so no big deal I suppose.It runs on two AA batteries.

i just been having a look now lol. Im not sure whats best, that type or there is like a jug of some sort with a plunger? anyone used one of them?

Original Poster

dog_cop;4172408

then contact trading standards:w00t:

Couldn't do that LOL.

got mine free from baileys. not the best thing but works when left to own devices.

Original Poster

kippy;4172431

got mine free from baileys. not the best thing but works when left to own … got mine free from baileys. not the best thing but works when left to own devices.

I was hoping to get one of those freebies, but nothing arrived

shanecr;4172419

i just been having a look now lol. Im not sure whats best, that type or … i just been having a look now lol. Im not sure whats best, that type or there is like a jug of some sort with a plunger? anyone used one of them?

I use the OH's electonic hand held whatnot.. Works a treat.:thumbsup:

How did we manage before the Sonic Toothbrush? :giggle:

some people use the cafetierre plunger to whisk it up ... not sure how that works tho. generally being lazy i just heat up milk and then whirr to get a froth going. eventually pour it onto the coffee, and sprinkle some fine hot choc on top.

Banned

kippy;4172559

some people use the cafetierre plunger to whisk it up ... not sure how … some people use the cafetierre plunger to whisk it up ... not sure how that works tho. generally being lazy i just heat up milk and then whirr to get a froth going. eventually pour it onto the coffee, and sprinkle some fine hot choc on top.

Fork!!! cheap :w00t:

Predikuesi;4172385

It runs on two AA batteries.

Predi, you say it runs on batteries.
Have you tried wiring it up to the mains to sea how much froth you get then? :w00t:

this ? :giggle:
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/AIM/a3602_cat_b.jpg

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/3949247/2/istockphoto_3949247-vintage-mixer.jpg

http://everystockphoto.s3.amazonaws.com/Object_Household_Kitchenware_264547_l.jpg

kippy;4172351

I got one v similar to that from Ikea last year for about £2. Works a treat on hot chocolate

rockyfella;4172509

I use the OH's electonic hand held whatnot.. Works a … I use the OH's electonic hand held whatnot.. Works a treat.:thumbsup:How did we manage before the Sonic Toothbrush? :giggle:

lol. minty coffee anyone?

rocky - funny enough i was thinking that the other night LOL. although i think that is more of a up down motion rather than a whirr.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. GOT Leaks again415
    2. Stop everything, Nutella is bringing a biscuit snack to the market - Metro1312
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763948
    4. What an absolute disgrace2150

See more discussions