Groups

What would you do?

Did anyone see that programme last night about strangers helping people out that were being beaten up/ robbed etc.

Whilst I can understand that there is a big risk involved in going to the aid of someone as you dont know if they may have a knife etc, I found it really disturbing about the girl on the bus who had her head stamped on by a gang of older girls and everyone else on the bus just sat there and did nothing. I actually found this more sickening than the actual act of violence itself.

What would you do if you witnessed something like this?

33 Comments

What would you do if you witnessed something like this?

It's easy to say what you would do, until you are actually confronted with a situation. You may surprise/disappoint yourself

I know, I didn't watch this last night , but this sickens me too!! I know I would step in............although it does become more diffcult if I were to have my young children with me

Original Poster

hannah19790;4818210

I know, I didn't watch this last night , but this sickens me!! I know I … I know, I didn't watch this last night , but this sickens me!! I know I would step in with out a doubt.............although it does become more diffcult if I were to have my young children with me

i can appreciate that, but on the programme last night the girl was 11 - same age as my girl. Just got to thinking how I would feel if it happened to my daughter.

I also think that if one person had made a stand against these bullys on the bus then the rest would have probably got up as well.

cassieismydoggie;4818237

i can appreciate that, but on the programme last night the girl was 11 - … i can appreciate that, but on the programme last night the girl was 11 - same age as my girl. Just got to thinking how I would feel if it happened to my daughter. I also think that if one person had made a stand against these bullys on the bus then the rest would have probably got up as well.

I agree with u 100%:thumbsup:

I cant see how people could jut sit there and let something like that happen, i would like to think i would try to help . x

someone with crazy big guns like mine wouldn't just sit there watching.

ctuk;4818426

someone with crazy big guns like mine wouldn't just sit there watching.

+1 lol

Original Poster

Thanks guys. You can all share my bus :thumbsup:

could not sit there and do nothing ,
    i carry a few of hannah's roast spuds for protection

Original Poster

Hmm, thought there might be more than this who felt the same as me tbh.

thesaint;4818195

It's easy to say what you would do, until you are actually confronted … It's easy to say what you would do, until you are actually confronted with a situation. You may surprise/disappoint yourself

Absolutely.

For instance, I often have a "no-one can hurt me without me kickin the shuuuush out of them" attitude. I'd say I'd never put my kids in danger to become involved in a situation but I did and I have to come to the help of someone else ( because the aggressors pishhed me off doin that in front of my babies. ) Have to remember to put our own kids first.

cassieismydoggie;4818237

i can appreciate that, but on the programme last night the girl was 11 - … i can appreciate that, but on the programme last night the girl was 11 - same age as my girl. Just got to thinking how I would feel if it happened to my daughter. I also think that if one person had made a stand against these bullys on the bus then the rest would have probably got up as well.

If that happened to my daughter, I'd have wanted someone to help her out too.

Makes me angry when people dont have the common humanity to help a vulnerable person in need.

Hard situation, isnt it?

owlass;4821500

could not sit there and do nothing , i carry a few of hannah's roast … could not sit there and do nothing , i carry a few of hannah's roast spuds for protection

They're not me spuds:whistling:

hannah19790;4822888

They're not me spuds:whistling:

square , black and rock hard .................... ya sure they're not :?

owlass;4822920

square , black and rock hard .................... ya sure they're not :?

MIne r more......... round, pale and soft:-D

hannah19790;4822936

MIne r more......... round, pale and soft:-D

round :w00t: ........................round ya ankles

owlass;4822996

round :w00t: ........................round ya ankles

We r talkin about roasty's here arn't we:?

hannah19790;4823150

We r talkin about roasty's here arn't we:?

what else :whistling:

owlass;4823164

what else :whistling:

In that case I tend to have mine on a plate:-D

hannah19790;4823172

In that case I tend to have mine on a plate:-D

36c plates :-D

owlass;4823204

36c plates :-D

Good god no!! They'd hold like....1/2 a roastywouldn't they - no good to anyone that:roll:

hannah19790;4823234

Good god no!! They'd hold like....1/2 a roastywouldn't they - no good to … Good god no!! They'd hold like....1/2 a roastywouldn't they - no good to anyone that:roll:

it will do me , only like a mouthful

owlass;4823295

it will do me , only like a mouthful

:shock: well I wouldn't let em go to waste:)

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;4822860

If that happened to my daughter, I'd have wanted someone to help her out … If that happened to my daughter, I'd have wanted someone to help her out too. Makes me angry when people dont have the common humanity to help a vulnerable person in need.Hard situation, isnt it?

It is a hard situation, but then I wouldnt want my daughter to see me standing by and watching someone getting beaten for no reason, and not doing anything to help,

cassieismydoggie;4826930

It is a hard situation, but then I wouldnt want my daughter to see me … It is a hard situation, but then I wouldnt want my daughter to see me standing by and watching someone getting beaten for no reason, and not doing anything to help,

It's not simply a "Jump in" or "Watch/Ignore" situation.
    There are alternatives, such as alerting the driver, calling the police, making other passengers aware and taking descriptions etc.

All of which don't carry the same threat of coming to bodily harm yourself.

Original Poster

thesaint;4826998

It's not simply a "Jump in" or "Watch/Ignore" situation. There are … It's not simply a "Jump in" or "Watch/Ignore" situation. There are alternatives, such as alerting the driver, calling the police, making other passengers aware and taking descriptions etc. All of which don't carry the same threat of coming to bodily harm yourself.

Exactly my point, there is something a bystander can do without just sitting back and pretending it isnt happening.

cassieismydoggie;4826930

It is a hard situation, but then I wouldnt want my daughter to see me … It is a hard situation, but then I wouldnt want my daughter to see me standing by and watching someone getting beaten for no reason, and not doing anything to help,

I have stepped in before and would do again cos I know I would want someone to do the same for my children

Original Poster

fireheaven;4827101

I have stepped in before and would do again cos I know I would want … I have stepped in before and would do again cos I know I would want someone to do the same for my children

A lady after my own heart :thumbsup:

I once stepped in and grabbed a guys arm as he was about to punch someone in the face to make him stop. I then went further down the road to find a group of about 5 kicking the other victims friend against a wall, so I shouted at them and they all ran for it. I took both the guys to my house and called an ambulance because one of them was bleeding all over his head and his face.

When they left I broke down into tears and I was terrified. Momentary braveness!

I have stepped in when a large group of schoolkids were taking it in turns to run and kick one lad laying on the floor. It was right by a mainroad with a lot of drivers slowing down to rubberneck but not actually stop. I shouted at them and stood between them and the boy on the floor, they squared up to me but I stood my ground until one of the drivers came to help and they all moved on. The boy on the floor didnt want to call the police, just wanted to go home.
    What annoyed me most was the fact that all the male drivers stayed in their cars and watched whilst I was surrounded, and it was another female that pulled over to help.

angelfairee;4827205

I once stepped in and grabbed a guys arm as he was about to punch someone … I once stepped in and grabbed a guys arm as he was about to punch someone in the face to make him stop. I then went further down the road to find a group of about 5 kicking the other victims friend against a wall, so I shouted at them and they all ran for it. I took both the guys to my house and called an ambulance because one of them was bleeding all over his head and his face.When they left I broke down into tears and I was terrified. Momentary braveness!

It is scary but as you saw sometimes just yelling at them to stop is enough and imagine how you would have felt if you just walked past and did nothing and then found out later that guy had died

bitseylango;4827330

I have stepped in when a large group of schoolkids were taking it in … I have stepped in when a large group of schoolkids were taking it in turns to run and kick one lad laying on the floor. It was right by a mainroad with a lot of drivers slowing down to rubberneck but not actually stop. I shouted at them and stood between them and the boy on the floor, they squared up to me but I stood my ground until one of the drivers came to help and they all moved on. The boy on the floor didnt want to call the police, just wanted to go home.What annoyed me most was the fact that all the male drivers stayed in their cars and watched whilst I was surrounded, and it was another female that pulled over to help.

Woah I bet that was scary

I do think its harder for men to step in, I also think they are more likely to be turned on than women

fireheaven;4827379

Woah I bet that was scaryI do think its harder for men to step in, I also … Woah I bet that was scaryI do think its harder for men to step in, I also think they are more likely to be turned on than women

it was scary as Im only 5ft and they all totally dwarfed me! I just kept thinking that if it was one of my boys on the floor I would hope someone would step into help.......plus I have to admit I did bring myself down to their level with my language :oops:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?28112
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764492
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …58106
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1634

See more discussions