what would you do ?

Found 10th May 2009
just been sat outside in the cold for 3 hours cos the fire alarms for our flats went off.....there is 11 flats and was 7 children under 15 and a 1 month old baby

fire brigade came out but couldn't get access to the system to turn them off. so rung the local housing team to come sort it and no one came .... we rang them 8 times tp be told that the person who has access to the system is based in cheshire and couldn't find anyone local to come out .....

8 bloody times we were fobbed off.....finally someone found the system and used a screwdriver to break in and turn off it .....so we have a broken alarm system now .....

we are going to the local paper to highlight this and gonna argue with our housing company....

who else could we refer this too, cos this is diabolical

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
13 Comments

local mp?

soo bad, if your paying to live there you expect better than this

btw you reckon i can still claim back on tht pc, i forgot all about it

Original Poster

Cluffy321;5169023

soo bad, if your paying to live there you expect better than thisbtw you … soo bad, if your paying to live there you expect better than thisbtw you reckon i can still claim back on tht pc, i forgot all about it

send us the stuff and i can try

yeah we pay astronomical rent to live here :x

Is this what you call a fun saturday night? :giggle:

Jokes aside, you should definitely make some complaints and tell them it's unacceptable.

Be glad no one was hurt and go to bed?

Complain to the fire service for them not having a screwdriver or knowing how to use it?

Write a letter to your housing association and see what response you get?

Original Poster

realfriendlyman;5169052

Is this what you call a fun saturday night? :giggle:Jokes aside, you … Is this what you call a fun saturday night? :giggle:Jokes aside, you should definitely make some complaints and tell them it's unacceptable.

i know ....... its beyond a joke....... we had run 7 different numbers including the out of hours service 8 times :x

we know we are gonna get some aggravation cos we broke open the alarm box but we are all really annoyed so it was last chance saloon

sounds so crap. hugs :friends:

You could always make some phonecalls if you are sure everyones alarm is down;-)

Original Poster

jtx;5169064

Be glad no one was hurt and go to bed?Complain to the fire service for … Be glad no one was hurt and go to bed?Complain to the fire service for them not having a screwdriver or knowing how to use it?

handy response ....... noob

fire service won't break into a alarm system without permission ......

the alarms were so loud we had neighbours from up the street asking what was up .....

faevilangel;5169090

handy response ....... noobfire service won't break into a alarm system … handy response ....... noobfire service won't break into a alarm system without permission ......the alarms were so loud we had neighbours from up the street asking what was up .....

Yeah ok sorry although It was meant in a lighthearted way:thumbsup:

Original Poster

jtx;5169116

Yeah ok sorry although It was meant in a lighthearted way:thumbsup:

im just a little worked up at moment ...... :roll:

Local Council may be able to help. I wonder whether there may be an oblication on the landlord to provide cover for things like fire alarms.

Try the Environmental health (may be worth a punt about the uncontrolled noise)

Loca fire brigade may be able to advise about the any obigation to manage the alarm - or maybe the main office for your area. Start local and ask.

You could also try the building control people - maybe something on their regs as well.

Also - check what the rental agreement says about maintenance and emergency callout. They may be in breach of contract!!

Banned

shotgun rampage... and not rest until evryone of the useless indivduals involved in this diabolical fiasaco are annihilated
Post a comment
@
    Text