Expired

What would you do...

12 replies
Found 9th Jun 2010
If you had the choice between..

a) Staying where you are in your current job, with a c**p wage, zero prospects, knowing that the only people you really get on with are getting fired soon. But all your friends are in this city and apart from work you do enjoy yourself...

or

b) Taking a job offer in another city (2 hrs drive away), moving there, starting again there.. The job doesn't pay much better than your current job and also has the potential to be a bit boring. BUT, if they increase the hours they have originally offered you, you would be on a significantly better wage and you would definitley have more prospects...

or

c) Just stay with scenario A until a better job comes along... albeit having been looking for a long long time...

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

Banned

Tough decision. You'll make new friends i'm sure and can always visit your best friends every so often, stay in contact on facebook etc... Depends how long you've been waiting and how you feel atm. Surely your the only person that can answer your original question ?

C....

and I'll change that avvy first....makes me dizzy

Original Poster

ryman1000;8793444

Tough decision. You'll make new friends i'm sure and can always visit … Tough decision. You'll make new friends i'm sure and can always visit your best friends every so often, stay in contact on facebook etc... Depends how long you've been waiting and how you feel atm. Surely your the only person that can answer your original question ?

To be honest I was offered that new job on Friday and I've been back and fourth so many times I don't know if I can make my mind up :?

Banned

C.

As You are not happy with your current situation, however there is a big IF regarding the new job / hours. and it seems like a lot of upevil to end up inn the same situation you are in now

How likely is it that they will actully increase your hours? If they dont then you are left with same pay, boring job, removal costs etc. Can you get some sort of guarantee of increased hours? If not then I would stay put - but thats just me! Good luck with whatever you decide.

C.

You might hate B as they may not give you what they say they will. Can you look to doing any training courses to increase your qualifications to improve your chances of getting a new job in the city you are in?

also go with C

Go with option 'C'.

You will find a better job eventually and you have your friends near by.

If not for the big BUT, I'd say go for B but it is a big BUT, so probably C.
Oh heck ... no, go for B - take a chance.

The cost of relocation all adds up in terms of money and time - removals, closing bills, starting new contracts like water, electricity, phone line etc, paying for deposit on new flat/house as well as a month in advance normally, moving bills to new place, time to settle into new city etc.
Bearing in mind the lack of significant pay increase and doubt over increased hours at work if you move I'd sway towards C. Plus you have the old saying 'last in, first out' so if the new company starts cutting people you will likely be first on the list of possible redundancies.
Friends and a social life is really important, it makes you happy and although you would probably make new friends really quickly you may regret moving.

Probably commit suicide

C. Friends are really important, and much harder to find than you think. I went for option B, and I hate to say it, but I really regret it.. If the only thing you don't like about where you are is your job then you can change that (without rushing into another one you don't really want), and then you're sorted
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition61631
    2. Chat magazine issue 4312
    3. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers22
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 41 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions