Groups

What would you do?

What would you do if you came home one day to someone breaking into your house?

48 Comments

Banned

Run off down the street screaming.

Nah, not really.

I'd probably do some ninja styles.

keep walking, let them get on with it, worth more with the insurance and could do with a new laptop

Phone the police ?

Original Poster

Phone the police ?

Yea obviously, but would you do anything else, or just not get involved?

well with our great laws all you could do is stand and watch.
    cos if you touched the person it would proberbly be you getting halled before the courts.

press the button on my head so i turn into ninja mode.

ask them if they fancy docking

Hypothetical question, OP i challenge you to break into my house and lets see what i do to you.

This has actually happened to Mum when I was a kid we can home from shopping one night got to the front door and could see people moving about inside (it was just me & my Mum who lived there) the next thing the door flew open and two men went running down the road with some of our possessions our next door neighbour ran after them but didn't catch them, police & forensics came took fingerprints etc & they caught one of the burglars a week later
    Edited by: "livingthelife07" 30th Dec 2010

Original Poster

Hypothetical question, OP i challenge you to break into my house and lets … Hypothetical question, OP i challenge you to break into my house and lets see what i do to you

Where do you live then, I'll give it a go?

I just wondered because last night someone walked round our back gate and into our garden, then when me and my brother went outside to investigate/catch him, he bolted! But dont know what we'd have done had we caught him

They would be sorry they chose my house that is all

pompeycurry

Where do you live then, I'll give it a go?I just wondered because last … Where do you live then, I'll give it a go?I just wondered because last night someone walked round our back gate and into our garden, then when me and my brother went outside to investigate/catch him, he bolted! But dont know what we'd have done had we caught him

You'd both be probably eating your dinners through straws for a few weeks.

http://www.jasmynecannick.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/whoop-ass.jpg
    Edited by: "CFC_Mark" 30th Dec 2010

I would confront them, most likely they would run as most would in any situation, but i would most likely attack them if i caught them.

Original Poster

well i'be bought a couple of golf clubs in the house just to be safe

pompeycurry

well i'be bought a couple of golf clubs in the house just to be safe

Thats the spirit if all else fails challenge the thief to a round of golf.

I'd try to prise them out of the dogs mouth...

Original Poster

Thats the spirit if all else fails challenge the thief to a round of golf

Not much point, I'd win hands down

Lol I have a few metal bars I can smack on there head.

I'll set ma darrg on him.

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/dec2008/4/0/683E9F6A-A050-7B08-A2C269C9C4EF99A2.jpg

Supermod

I would use proportionate force to remove them.

Supermod

critster

well with our great laws all you could do is stand and watch.cos if you … well with our great laws all you could do is stand and watch.cos if you touched the person it would proberbly be you getting halled before the courts.

Do not be so silly.

caught someone trying to break into my daughters cars a few eeks ago, not proud of it but couldn't help myself really was an instant reaction and I gave him a good hiding.

I lived alone for several years and kept two aerosols by the bedroom door. Occasionally would creep downstairs with one in each hand to tackle the noise from the hall. It never was anything. Policeman told me to say they/he was a rapist if I did hit one.

the sedge

caught someone trying to break into my daughters cars a few eeks ago, not … caught someone trying to break into my daughters cars a few eeks ago, not proud of it but couldn't help myself really was an instant reaction and I gave him a good hiding.

You ever considered going on an anger management course?

transit

yeah . I can normally control my anger no problem, but when some idiot is stading infront of you with brick in hand the rage just rises within, just saw red, especially when one of my daughters is involved.

Banned

transit

You are joking right? i would do the same

ask them if they are santa clause

the sedge

yeah . I can normally control my anger no problem, but when some idiot is … yeah . I can normally control my anger no problem, but when some idiot is stading infront of you with brick in hand the rage just rises within, just saw red, especially when one of my daughters is involved.

Well i just hope you never need a bricklayer to do some work at your house.

magicjay1986

Do not be so silly.

if you feel in danger/ under attack any reasonable force is acceptable to stop it there is no limit to what you can do, asked a judge when I was on jury service and that's what he told us.

transit

Well i just hope you never need a bricklayer to do some work at your … Well i just hope you never need a bricklayer to do some work at your house.

yeah funny that I can't get a wall built by anyone haha.. now I know why...

Supermod

the sedge

if you feel in danger/ under attack any reasonable force is acceptable … if you feel in danger/ under attack any reasonable force is acceptable to stop it there is no limit to what you can do, asked a judge when I was on jury service and that's what he told us.

The terms used in law are proportionate and reasonable.

shergold

You are joking right? i would do the same

I'm not joking seriously caught him redhanded brick in hand. and when the rage kicks you cant stop yourself

Original Poster

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd511/pompeycurry92/IMG_0023.jpg

I could always set my dog on them... not quite a Rottweiler!

Banned

I would swear a lot and then run to my neighbour's for safety.

i woke up to someone burgling my house, i ran downstairs and they ran out the back door, i ran after them screaming that they were scruffy gits, i was half way down the street and realised i was naked, i was also 5m pregnant too

Id probably give them a hand with the heavy stuff. Not worth any trouble a few possesions. However if they hurt my cat...............well even chuck norris would need to take cover!!!

pompeycurry

Yea obviously, but would you do anything else, or just not get involved?

Mmmm, hard to say i suppose until you was in that situation , then it would just be natural instinct what you would do ..................plus depends how big the feckers were X)

I'd like to thing anger would take hold and I go looking for a fight.

Wish I'd caught the scroats who broke into my daughter's car - 3 times Nothing worth stealing - its only an old Corsa - so they just vandalised it each time instead - so not fair when she's only a student. I do wonder though what I would have done if I'd caught them.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?1110
      2. WONGA REFUNDS DUE2111020
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423814466
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671404

See more discussions