What would you do - Asda.

Posted 19th Sep
Hello, what do you think of this issue I appear to have with Asda Living Wrexham.

So today, was having my usual look round for bargains, there is a guy in there who always seems to appear when I'm around, I was looking at the mobile phones, he appears and says "before you ask, we haven't got, this, this and this", he banged (& I mean banged) his finger on the 3 reduced phones, I didn't react, I didn't say anything to be honest, but did notice there was no 'out of stock' labels over any of the 3 phones - the phones are behind the counter locked up so I couldn't get anywhere near to them to see if they were out of stock.
Another instance was a couple of months back when there was Superglue reduced to 30p, I went and got about 5 packs, bought them, but went in the next day, the same guy saw me and before I could pick them up he removed them in front of me and took them away.
Another was when I purchased some bluetooth speakers that went through at £1.40 (they were priced wrong on the shelf) so I said I would get another, he fetches one back to the till - with the remaining stock and said 'I will keep these behind here'.
Yet another was some kids Minion phones, picked a couple up again took them to the till and he says 'I can only sell you 1'.
I work in retail, find this practice very odd.
Any suggestions - I know the obvious is not to be served by him but he is the only one on the counter.
Community Updates
15 Comments
I've not encountered this guy Daz, but perhaps he's creaming bargains and selling them on?
Phone up customers services at the Asda head office and tell them about your experiences with the staff member, or if you prefer you can ask to speak with the store (not duty) manager in your local branch before phoning customer services.
I was waiting for the punchline.
Just locate a manager on the shop floor and tell him your experiences, trend lightly as the guy could have a learnign disability or something of that nature.
He either remembers your face and doesn’t like you picking bargains or is generally negative towards everyone. Confront him - CS won’t do anything.. Asda far too busy to tackle complaints on the shopfloor
Maybe he doesn’t want you to buy up all the stock to sell on for a profit?
Make formal complaint to store manager.
Also make sure you inform them that you are going to make a complaint to head office as this has been going on a while.
And you would like to be kept informed of the outcome of the complaint.
I'm amazed that your asda store has only one person working on the tills sometimes and you manage to bump in to the same guy so many times also working on the shop floor not tills, your asda must be the size of a corner shop, you could easily avoid a staff member in normal sized asda stores and theres at least 10 till operatives at all times
Self check out?
I think he fancies you.
Mark_Hickman19/09/2019 20:49

I'm amazed that your asda store has only one person working on the tills …I'm amazed that your asda store has only one person working on the tills sometimes and you manage to bump in to the same guy so many times also working on the shop floor not tills, your asda must be the size of a corner shop, you could easily avoid a staff member in normal sized asda stores and theres at least 10 till operatives at all times

It's an Asda living, not a supermarket with one till point upstairs with 3 checkouts, with one person always manning the till and sales floor at the same time. The store is extremely small.
I would complain to the store manager or even to head office. Given all the hassle over the parking there they don't need another reason to stop people going.
Edited by: "Ethan_HuntszE" 20th Sep
daz196919/09/2019 22:28

It's an Asda living, not a supermarket with one till point upstairs with 3 …It's an Asda living, not a supermarket with one till point upstairs with 3 checkouts, with one person always manning the till and sales floor at the same time. The store is extremely small.

I see never seen a store like that
I had a similar problem with the customer service desk lady (always sane one) and manager at my Tesco extra because I got a giid few wrong price double refunds, it came to a peak when a £12 electric blanket (I got 2) went through the till at £45! Cs said she'll have to get the manager and as he walked over he said " no way your getting double the difference refund as I pointed to the price promise on the wall we argued a while and he agreed to give me them at £12 + refund me £12, had no choice but went straight on line and complained to compony directors office, after a few emails I was asked to go to store were u got a full apology and full double refund, I get no hassle there now!
That’s so bad! You should ask to see the manager it’s not fair been treated like that you are only looking for bargains like most people do.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants