Groups

What would you do if the Admin took down the Misc section

I know alot of you guys live for this section, but I have a valid question. What would you lot do without it? Would you still visit the site for: DealsVouchersFreebiesCompetitionsDeal RequestsFor Sale / TradeFeedback or not. I think that this forum needs the misc section as much as it needs its Deals section.

I wonder if there is a breakdown of the hits each section gets on a weekly basis.

58 Comments

http://www.mideastinfo.com/int4rw3b/bc_stuff/hammertime.gif

Hehe, only joking :thumbsup:

Start talking to the wife again:whistling:

Train Driver;3056708

:giggle:

Original Poster

Train Driver;3056708

cracker :-D

I came on this site originally for the vouchers and deals, but now I'm addicted to Misc and although I would still use HUKD for the deals I can definately say it wouldn't be half as much as I do now!!

Lol very funny Phearfactor :-D

I would certainly still visit the site just spend less time here probably. I started in the deals section for my first six months and then kinda drifted into the misc section

Original Poster

hannah19790;3056724

I came on this site originally for the vouchers and deals, but now I'm … I came on this site originally for the vouchers and deals, but now I'm addicted to Misc and although I would still use HUKD for the deals I can definately say it wouldn't be half as much as I do now!!

I think a lot of people would share your opinion Hannah :thumbsup:

fireheaven;3056732

Lol very funny Phearfactor :-DI would certainly still visit the site just … Lol very funny Phearfactor :-DI would certainly still visit the site just spend less time here probably. I started in the deals section for my first sex months and then kinda drifted into the misc section

:w00t: Something on your mind hun?!?!!!

Banned

fireheaven;3056732

Lol very funny Phearfactor :-DI would certainly still visit the site just … Lol very funny Phearfactor :-DI would certainly still visit the site just spend less time here probably. I started in the deals section for my first sex months and then kinda drifted into the misc section

:whistling:

did you now.........

i still love deals section

cant bebothered with freebies or comps though

kemo;3056744

I think a lot of people would share your opinion Hannah :thumbsup:

That makes a change:p Yh, I reckon same goes for most people:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Does anyone know how the misc section does trafficwise to the other sections? I know their must be a lot of viewers aswell as posters..

Banned

Train Driver;3056708

Stop talking to TD's wife

love ya really TD xxx

ODB_69;3056762

Stop talking to TD's wife

Are you the bloke who thinks I live in a lighthouse???????? Keep getting phone calls from some bloke asking if the coast is clear:-D

sadiebabes;3056747

:w00t: Something on your mind hun?!?!!!

starsparkle2311;3056749

did you mean to say that:-D

ODB_69;3056751

:whistling:did you now.........

Whoops - thats the second time I have done that :oops:

Banned

Train Driver;3056780

Are you the bloke who thinks I live in a lighthouse???????? Keep getting … Are you the bloke who thinks I live in a lighthouse???????? Keep getting phone calls from some bloke asking if the coast is clear:-D

loooool

hang on :?

i dont call....

I'm the naked guy in the hedge :oops:

Banned

fireheaven;3056732 I

started in the deals section for my first sex months and then kinda … started in the deals section for my first sex months and then kinda drifted into the misc section

Far too much information Fireheaven!

Banned

moan about it in feedback, so nothing would change for me

Banned

The other nine might though!!!!!

Banned

be bored i guess

Banned

guv;3056826

The other nine might though!!!!!

lmfao

Possibly actually stat my assignment?

I post alot less these days anyway so I don't think it'd actually affect me.

Original Poster

ODB_69;3056791

looooolhang on :?i dont call....I'm the naked guy in the hedge :oops:

With a wireless laptop on the misc section of HUKD :whistling:

Banned

kemo;3056845

With a wireless laptop on the misc section of HUKD

yup

and a certain 'tube' website that involves a colour that bulls dont like :oops:

Original Poster

ODB_69;3056856

yupand a certain 'tube' website that involves a colour that bulls dont … yupand a certain 'tube' website that involves a colour that bulls dont like :oops:

Two favourites that no man should be without :-D

ODB_69;3056791

looooolhang on :?i dont call....I'm the naked guy in the hedge :oops:

* TD sharpens the blades on the hedge trimmer:-D

Banned

kemo;3056872

Two favourites that no man should be without :-D

Train Driver;3056875

* TD sharpens the blades on the hedge trimmer:-D

:?

will have to stop using that site when I'm in TD's hedge then!!!

Banned

ODB_69;3056856

yupand a certain 'tube' website that involves a colour that bulls dont … yupand a certain 'tube' website that involves a colour that bulls dont like :oops:

yeh you got me hooked on that man!!! lol

'you' is stil pretty good too!!

;-) lol

ODB_69;3056894

:?will have to stop using that site when I'm in TD's hedge then!!!

Not so worried about you in my hedge.......More concerned about you in the wife's bush:whistling:

Is this thread real?? What do you know.?? Has Admin said something??

I am away to find a mod :cry:

Probably just get a life.....

Banned

jellybaby22;3056908

wouldnt bother me if there was no misc......this is purely hypothetical … wouldnt bother me if there was no misc......this is purely hypothetical right:?:giggle:

but then I couldnt see u everyday :cry:

you never answered my 'question' either!

Train Driver;3056708

lmao

i would become depressed again and have to go back on strong medication :?

:shock:
    I've found most of the best deals as a consequence of being on reading the Misc threads! Particularly true for those deals that disappear very quickly.

Please leave things as they are.

Banned

jellybaby22;3056928

question...Pm or text.....your confuzzling me....I dont remember a … question...Pm or text.....your confuzzling me....I dont remember a question:?

hotukdeals.com/for…=35

Banned

I would try and get everyones msn addy and have a biiiiiig group chat there

Banned

jellybaby22;3056952

Ohh right ok...get ya now...emm let me … Ohh right ok...get ya now...emm let me think[SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]YES[/COLOR][/SIZE]

:w00t:

:-D

http://www.3d-community.com/images/heart-pink.jpg

Woo hooo :-D :-D

Are we all invited :thumbsup:

Banned

fireheaven;3056996

Woo hooo :-D :-DAre we all invited :thumbsup:

:x

FH I told you

NO ORGIES

ODB_69;3057011

:xFH I told youNO ORGIES

For god's sake we don't all have your dirty mind :roll: Should I buy a hat or not

I think this is a great thread. Some of you may know that there has been considerable academic research done on how online communities form and are sustained. For me one good essay on this is Kozinets e-tribalized marketing (1999). Two things he notes that have been identified in this thread already.

1. Users of an online community lurk, then post, then some become active members of off-topic discussion.
    2. A community tends to be sustained by 'insiders' who develop interpersonal relationships and who make most of the posts.

In others words, just as you have suggested, it tends to be the jokes, idle chat and personal advice sections of online communities that sustain them. Almost all big online groups have a large 'misc' or 'off topic' section. It can even be used as a measure of the cohesiveness of the community (the more off topic the stronger it tends to be). Of course this also means that if the misc section was banned, it would either reform elsewhere (possibly on another site), or the whole site would fall apart.

see: kozinets.net/arc…171

or

cemp.ac.uk/com…ing
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions