What would you do in this situation?

Posted 11th Dec 2019
Hi i got a tv delivered on Tuesday delivery man dropped it on pavement face down he asked if he could open box and check screen wasnt broke it wasnt .Its a present so I've wrapped it up but now concerned it wont work on xmas day .would you chance it or ask for a replacement or a refund .i have called the company and they told me they will sort it out if its not working xmas day just looking for opinions thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
You could if refused delivery and got a refund then repurchased the item .

There would be no chance I would accept a tv that’s been dropped in front of me .
I would check it works, they are packaged to with stand falling and stuff as the are well packaged... how many times or often do people think TVs have fell or been dropped in transit, it’s just you don’t see it. It doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen....
22 Comments
You could if refused delivery and got a refund then repurchased the item .

There would be no chance I would accept a tv that’s been dropped in front of me .
ashmac11/12/2019 23:37

You could if refused delivery and got a refund then repurchased the item . …You could if refused delivery and got a refund then repurchased the item . There would be no chance I would accept a tv that’s been dropped in front of me .

This!

Who accepts a TV that has been dropped? Who knows what damage could've occured internally.
I'd unwrap & test. Consumer Rights Act 2015 provides right to reject defective products within 30days of receipt but that wouldn't compensate Christmas Day disappointment. Which company did you call; supplier or courier, or are they same?
I would 100% honestly request a replacement. Do it without delay to ensure you get it before Christmas.
Me ha I actually don't know why I did accept it tbf I have tried online today to request a return no reply from them shall ring tomorrow thanks
Same company
AndyRoyd11/12/2019 23:44

I'd unwrap & test. Consumer Rights Act 2015 provides right to reject …I'd unwrap & test. Consumer Rights Act 2015 provides right to reject defective products within 30days of receipt but that wouldn't compensate Christmas Day disappointment. Which company did you call; supplier or courier, or are they same?

Edited by: "msmoneywise" 11th Dec 2019
Don't forget to wait for the delivery driver's happy dance...

[ twitter.com/CNN…672 ]
For the price of peace of mind, buy more wrapping paper and test the TV!
Definitely return it, you will stress yourself thinking about it!
Ask for a replacement? And explain them the situation and they could send it with next day delivery
Just say there is a problem with the tv and you want a replacement ASAP. Can't understand why you accepted the tv after the driver dropped it ???
I would ask them for a replacement straight away. You never know it might work for while then just stop working
I would check it works, they are packaged to with stand falling and stuff as the are well packaged... how many times or often do people think TVs have fell or been dropped in transit, it’s just you don’t see it. It doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen....
I would have refused delivery on the basis that I’ve seen it happen, what’s stopping someone else at the company saying that you’ve accepted delivery of it and that it’s essentially your problem?

Having said that, we all know that they probably get chucked around in transit.

It’s *probably* fine, for piece of mind though I would get it sent back ASAP.

If you are going for a replacement, try and get hold of the serial number of the tv to make sure they don’t muck you about with sending the same one back out to you.
esar12/12/2019 00:02

For the price of peace of mind, buy more wrapping paper and test the TV!

I agree to this.
If it's a good branded tv, the boxes and packaging are done so the frame off the TV is taking the full brunt off impact.

High foam around the edges and enough space for the glass to not come into contact. So it cannot be pressed/dented.

As someone said above, because you don't see it. Doesn't mean TVs aren't dropped prior to delivery. They could be thrown about in Currys / pc world in the back. You wouldn't know unless the box is really damaged.

I'd open the TV and test it for a bit. You never know, you may just want to keep it yourself and give the other person some socks.
Thanks for replies you have all said basically what I've been thinking
I'd send it back and let them sell it to someone else, it will probably be ok, but there could he hidden damage that shows up in a few years time.

If that happened in front of me, I'd either reject delivery or if I accepted would sign for it as "dropped by courier" instead of my signature, and probably contact the seller to see if they'll offer a discount or preferably an extended guarantee.
Edited by: "melted" 12th Dec 2019
its been dropped. if it works it wont for long get it replaced without the hassle of checking it.
I used to work for TNT. Parcels that have fragile stuck on them would get chucked down ramps, thrown in the back of lorries and buries under half a ton of parcels. I'm sure worse has happened to that TV before you've even seen it
MrKrabs12/12/2019 15:37

I used to work for TNT. Parcels that have fragile stuck on them would get …I used to work for TNT. Parcels that have fragile stuck on them would get chucked down ramps, thrown in the back of lorries and buries under half a ton of parcels. I'm sure worse has happened to that TV before you've even seen it

All well and good when you don’t know but she seen them drop it
Update .Phoned and requested a replacement tv its coming tomorrow they also waived the £25.00 delivery and return of the other tv so hopefully this one doesnt get dropped in private.
msmoneywise13/12/2019 13:29

Update .Phoned and requested a replacement tv its coming tomorrow they …Update .Phoned and requested a replacement tv its coming tomorrow they also waived the £25.00 delivery and return of the other tv so hopefully this one doesnt get dropped in private.

Congratulations 🏼
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants