What would you do with this ebayer?

Had a buyer purchase an item from me, had their paypal payment and checked the address & in both ebay and paypal it is the same (as below) i have emailed them to confirm proper delivery address but had no reply and i obviously cant send it to the gobbledygook they have entered. Strange as it may seem the paypal and ebay address are the same, are a new user with 0 feedback, any advice

xfxcfdxxdxdftfcxdtxtg
fctrfctfgcgfcfgcfgcfgcfg
Dundalk, Armagh
bt359bz
United Kingdom

15 Comments

Funny though - Dundalk in County Armagh!

I would contact both ebay and paypal and do nothing until they reply.

Banned

I would keep hold of the goods and the money until they contact you. If you haven't heard within a month then they've obviously forgotten about it.

Next time I would not allow someone with zero feedback to bid on one of my auctions. I know this is harsh, but it minimises the messing around you receive.

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;4970070

Funny though - Dundalk in County Armagh!I would contact both ebay and … Funny though - Dundalk in County Armagh!I would contact both ebay and paypal and do nothing until they reply.

I know, i have googled the postcode and nothing seems to add up? have a funny feeling that im going to be getting a neg for some reason, :x

Original Poster

Heavertron;4970078

Next time I would not allow someone with zero feedback to bid on one of … Next time I would not allow someone with zero feedback to bid on one of my auctions. I know this is harsh, but it minimises the messing around you receive.

I set my buyer preferences to immediate payment, users with 5 or below feedback & no credit card on file cant buy etc, im not sure that you can set it to users with 0 feedback cant buy can you?

Seller preferences are your friend. Set them up so no one with XX feedback can bid (personally I have mine set to 10). As for this one, if it's a high value item I'd contact ebay and see what they say, if it's low I'd just wait to hear from the buyer.

clondikemike;4970091

I set my buyer preferences to immediate payment, users with 5 or below … I set my buyer preferences to immediate payment, users with 5 or below feedback & no credit card on file cant buy etc, im not sure that you can set it to users with 0 feedback cant buy can you?

If that's the case and you do get a neg, contact ebay and kick up hell for letting someone who you have said to not allow, buy something from you.

Original Poster

ChipSticks;4970095

Seller preferences are your friend. Set them up so no one with XX … Seller preferences are your friend. Set them up so no one with XX feedback can bid (personally I have mine set to 10). As for this one, if it's a high value item I'd contact ebay and see what they say, if it's low I'd just wait to hear from the buyer.

Its £35 with postage included,

You can inform ebay that the user has incomplete address details and ebay will contact the user to update the details and/or suspend them until they do update them. That should give you an indication as to whether the buyer is genuine or not. And I'd hold off on posting anything until they do confirm the details.

Original Poster

ChipSticks;4970115

If that's the case and you do get a neg, contact ebay and kick up hell … If that's the case and you do get a neg, contact ebay and kick up hell for letting someone who you have said to not allow, buy something from you.

Cant see the point in some idiot doing it, am i able to cancel the transaction as the delivery address is not correct & just refund the payment to them?

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;4970129

You can inform ebay that the user has incomplete address details and ebay … You can inform ebay that the user has incomplete address details and ebay will contact the user to update the details and/or suspend them until they do update them. That should give you an indication as to whether the buyer is genuine or not. And I'd hold off on posting anything until they do confirm the details.

How would i go about that, just email ebay or go through the cancel transaction route?

clondikemike;4970138

How would i go about that, just email ebay or go through the cancel … How would i go about that, just email ebay or go through the cancel transaction route?

on the ebay website help system there is a form for this process.

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;4970140

on the ebay website help system there is a form for this process.

Will do it now:thumbsup: rep for all

or if you go to the options next to the item (report a problem) and do a request to cancel transaction,the buyer gets an email telling them the problem and they can either send you the correct address or agree to cancel and you refund,and you get your ebay fees back.....even if you have mailed them they might be on another email addy,which happens to me alot with buyers so go through ebay and they are more likley to respond

Original Poster

lorsmanic;4971118

or if you go to the options next to the item (report a problem) and do a … or if you go to the options next to the item (report a problem) and do a request to cancel transaction,the buyer gets an email telling them the problem and they can either send you the correct address or agree to cancel and you refund,and you get your ebay fees back.....even if you have mailed them they might be on another email addy,which happens to me alot with buyers so go through ebay and they are more likley to respond

Have emailed ebay and paypal detailing the problem, have also emailed the buyer through ebay "requesting delivery details" and no reply, 100% sure its some form of scam or someone trying to leave me a neg, they registered on ebay today
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Free Codes from EGX66
    2. One for the mathmeticians1829
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767422
    4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2645

See more discussions