Groups

What would you spend £400 ish on on the Goldsmiths website?

Banned
    I have £400s worth of Goldsmiths vouchers thanks to Tesco Clubcard, but am at a loss what to pick. Tempted by a nice watch but haven't really had that sort of cash to spend on an item before.

Few stipulations;
    Has to be full price-can't be discounted or on offer.
    Has to be over at least £200.
    Can go upto around £550 by putting cash to the vouchers.
    Has to be ladies (I don't feel that generous to my fella!)

What would you pick?

27 Comments

a nice watch!

what type of thing you thinking (necklace/set/earrings/stones/gold/silver/rings) might narrow it down a bit...:?

OOOO i need to look ...

Original Poster Banned

lil_tiger;5793820

what type of thing you thinking … what type of thing you thinking (necklace/set/earrings/stones/gold/silver/rings) might narrow it down a bit...:?

like I say, am tempted by a watch, but not so clued up on makers, so wouldn't know which to choose. I'm quite traditional so none of the Gucci random shaped ones!

I don't wear earrings, but like necklaces and bracelets. Have plenty of rings, but wouldnt rule out a nice diamond!!

you should put FAO: BG1/JFK in the title.

H_K;5793865

quite like this;http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/product.asp?cid=1&pid=13124

is that not a bit masculine to you?

i dnt really like anything on the website... hope you find something x

Im thinking a lot of this stuff is VERY overpriced and Im suprised they dont do sets :?

Original Poster Banned

lil_tiger;5793876

is that not a bit masculine to you?

Yeh it is, I prefer those mother of pearl faces and diamond numbers, but quite like the style of that one for some reason.

Tinkytayls;5793877

i dnt really like anything on the website... hope you find something x

Wow, what on earth do people get you for christmas? lol you sound like my mum!

http://i26.tinypic.com/2u6o2nl.jpg

^cost 3k

Original Poster Banned

lil_tiger;5793902

Im thinking a lot of this stuff is VERY overpriced and Im suprised they … Im thinking a lot of this stuff is VERY overpriced and Im suprised they dont do sets :?

they don't do you any favours, the prices are high which is why I thought I'd ask others opinions. But so far its the only jeweller available from Tesco Clubcard, and bearing in mind Tesco is less than a quarter of a mile away, and we do most of our shopping there anyway, it's technically a freebie so I'm not complaining! :thumbsup:

Wish they did Pandora's though. Don't like the copycat brands.

black gerbil1;5793869

you should put FAO: BG1/JFK in the title.

Goldsmiths isn't a toy shop though.

Original Poster Banned

black gerbil1;5793914

^cost 3k

lol, nice of you to join us, but not quite in the price bracket I stated is it....

Shame you couldn't afford a better camera to go with that watch..... :giggle:

do you like classic jewellery or more modern things?

H_K;5793933

lol, nice of you to join us, but not quite in the price bracket I stated … lol, nice of you to join us, but not quite in the price bracket I stated is it....Shame you couldn't afford a better camera to go with that watch..... :giggle:

my mate took it @ his house
    Syzable;5793928

Goldsmiths isn't a toy shop though.

for £400 you can get better, I know someone who works at a watch store (very good one) I can get you discount , do you live near London?

Original Poster Banned

Nah I don't plus I have the vouchers that I want to use.

Quidco are giving 15% cashback on Goldsmiths purchases..They pay very quick too.

Original Poster Banned

lil_tiger;5793944

do you like classic jewellery or more modern things?

urm, bit of both! I love vintage things, I know everything there is modern but I do like traditional styles too.

H_K;5793987

Nah I don't plus I have the vouchers that I want to use.

I could get you a 1k watch for 4 fiddy

The pictures on the website aren't that exciting but I bet if you went down to your local shop and tried on a few items, then I bet that something will suddenly take your fancy. It's window shopping with a difference...................you can actually buy the thing you want! Happy Shopping :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

lil_tiger;5793988

I dont particularly like them but judging by your taste in the previous … I dont particularly like them but judging by your taste in the previous watch I think you might like thesehttp://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/product.asp?cid=1&pid=13644andhttp://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/product.asp?cid=1&pid=6988

The second one is better, 1st one far too masculine, but like the mechanism!
    cheers for your help anyway.

lil_tiger;5793988

I dont particularly like them but judging by your taste in the previous … I dont particularly like them but judging by your taste in the previous watch I think you might like thesehttp://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/product.asp?cid=1&pid=13644andhttp://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/product.asp?cid=1&pid=6988

I threw up looking @ the first one, the second one is nice, but you need to be a model to pull it off, or very ruggid .

no worries....the advice to go look instore is prob going to be best overall....hope you find something you like

Original Poster Banned

black gerbil1;5794039

I threw up looking @ the first one, the second one is nice, but you need … I threw up looking @ the first one, the second one is nice, but you need to be a model to pull it off, or very ruggid .

I'm a playboy model so it should suit me fine.

H_K;5794086

I'm a playboy model so it should suit me fine.

There are quite a few of them ( bulls****** ) on this site.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2472
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767386
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1521
      4. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?44

See more discussions