Groups

What Xbox to get?

I'm planning on selling my wii for an xbox because I neve use the thing but there seem to be alot of versions out atm, so which do I get? Is there any point in getting a 60gb version over a 20gb? All i'll probably be doing is saving game files and perhaps putting some music on, but I cant imagine thats gonna take up over 20gb,

Its a shame they dont have a 10gb one, because I guess you do need the hard drive, right?

16 Comments

With th new update you'll be able to transfer games from disc to the hard drive to save the lazer.

The 60Gb is worth it

:thumbsup: Bang on m8, you need the Hard Drive to play games online. The deal for the 60G ig Xbox is very good just now.

won't people then just copy from disc to hard drive and then sell the game later on?

pikachu12;2779795

won't people then just copy from disc to hard drive and then sell the … won't people then just copy from disc to hard drive and then sell the game later on?

It still requires the disc to be in the drive but it loads from the HDD rather than the disc. They're not that daft :-D

teambintip;2779807

It still requires the disc to be in the drive but it loads from the HDD … It still requires the disc to be in the drive but it loads from the HDD rather than the disc. They're not that daft :-D

ahhh that would make more sense. the reason being because the hard drive spins faster than the dvd drive right?

pikachu12;2779795

won't people then just copy from disc to hard drive and then sell the … won't people then just copy from disc to hard drive and then sell the game later on?

No you still need to put the disc in to prove you own it.

20 gb is enough for me atm and ill probably only be saving 1 game at a time on the harddrive anyway. Also with the 20GB drive you only actually get around 13gb free space to use, and the games will prob take up about 7-10GB depending on the game.

pikachu12;2779820

ahhh that would make more sense. the reason being because the hard drive … ahhh that would make more sense. the reason being because the hard drive spins faster than the dvd drive right?

Yep, but not only that. No spinning disc means no more ridiculously loud noise (apart from the fans) and the laser gets spared

Original Poster

how are the loading times on games? it would be hard justifying spending alot extra to shave a couple of seconds off

Banned

Fiori;2779845

how are the loading times on games? it would be hard justifying spending … how are the loading times on games? it would be hard justifying spending alot extra to shave a couple of seconds off

pretty damn quick really

Fiori;2779845

how are the loading times on games? it would be hard justifying spending … how are the loading times on games? it would be hard justifying spending alot extra to shave a couple of seconds off

Some of them do take ages to load, Grid springs to mind.

No idea what the speeds from the hdd will be like till they release the update. On the PSP (for example) games loaded from the memory stick take a fraction of the time to load compared to loading from the disc.

Its worth it in the long run as hopefully it'll extend the life of the console considerably

BillButter;2779827

No you still need to put the disc in to prove you own it.20 gb is enough … No you still need to put the disc in to prove you own it.20 gb is enough for me atm and ill probably only be saving 1 game at a time on the harddrive anyway. Also with the 20GB drive you only actually get around 13gb free space to use, and the games will prob take up about 7-10GB depending on the game.

Games will only be 9gig max.

Fiori;2779845

Loading times are good already. Although on some games they can be a pain. With gta it will reduce the popins from buildings and textures.

You say its an update how do they update it ?

just make sure its hdmi and falcon at least

ALEXSHEFF92;2779914

You say its an update how do they update it ?

When you connect to xbl there will be an update to download and install.

i have the 360 core but im getting the 60gb hard drive if that is any help. worth getting the bigger hard drive for slightly more and then you don't have to worry about space when downloading from xbox marketplace. e.g. the films are now like 5gb for HD and with the new game-loading system the games will be up to about 8gb as a dual layered disc is only

Does anyone know when this update via XBL is going to happen?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?33
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047150
      3. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 187 ***1129
      4. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66

See more discussions