Groups

What Xmas gift do you buy someone you've just started seeing?

So I've recently been on a few dates with a girl, definitely promising and could be going somewhere, but not at the stage where we would call each other boyfriend/girlfriend yet. Thing is what do I do about a Xmas gift? Don't really know her well enough yet to know what she really is in to, and don't think spending a lot is right either although I could be wrong.

Any thoughts welcome

62 Comments

vibrator

This for when you're not there -

http://www.imnotthatdrunk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/item-clone-a-willy.jpg

Depending on how far things have progressed, how about a night away at a nice hotel.

Then, worst case scenario, you can go on your own.

Some perfume?

Some Lush
    They have some really lovely christmas gift boxes
    Edited by: "yazzay" 2nd Dec 2014

Wedding ring and/or Wedding dress?

I'd stick to perfume or maybe shopping gift vouchers? X

Joint burial plots.

Bobbajob

Depending on how far things have progressed, how about a night away at a … Depending on how far things have progressed, how about a night away at a nice hotel.Then, worst case scenario, you can go on your own.

her dad prob wont be inpressed

yazzay

Some Lush They have some really lovely christmas gift boxes

I hope they are paying you for all this free advertising, it made me chuckle!

I hate getting smellies or perfume, I would wonder if your trying to tell me I am dirty or stink. Plus they are dull, like something you'd get from an elderly family member. If you don't know her well enough to know general things she likes, I doubt you know her well enough to pick perfume for her.

How about getting to know her better and finding out what she is into? You still have 3 weeks till xmas!

davewave

I hope they are paying you for all this free advertising, it made me … I hope they are paying you for all this free advertising, it made me chuckle!

Lol I really think they should be sending me free stuff X)

Old fashioned but how about a classy bouquet of flowers.

Original Poster

moneysavingkitten

I hate getting smellies or perfume, I would wonder if your trying to tell … I hate getting smellies or perfume, I would wonder if your trying to tell me I am dirty or stink. Plus they are dull, like something you'd get from an elderly family member. If you don't know her well enough to know general things she likes, I doubt you know her well enough to pick perfume for her.How about getting to know her better and finding out what she is into? You still have 3 weeks till xmas!

she flies home quite early so probably will only see her once or twice before then

Perfume is always a winner.

And/or a gift card for a high street womans clothing store.

Look you need to be realistic here and get her something really crap, you don't want to set false hope as if you stay together you will then not have a high level to aspire to...

if you get her something thoughtful now you are screwed.

my advice, get her a book about politics, setting the bar really low

Edited by: "Aeschylus" 2nd Dec 2014

moneysavingkitten

I hate getting smellies or perfume, I would wonder if your trying to tell … I hate getting smellies or perfume, I would wonder if your trying to tell me I am dirty or stink. Plus they are dull, like something you'd get from an elderly family member. If you don't know her well enough to know general things she likes, I doubt you know her well enough to pick perfume for her.How about getting to know her better and finding out what she is into? You still have 3 weeks till xmas!

Maybe you have been using the wrong stuff then if your finding smellys dull X) perhaps you should get some Lush

I like your idea that he can try and get to know her better to see what she is into, then he can get a gift that's perfect for her , also it will show more effort that way

Save yourself some cash an just bin her off until after Christmas oO X)

A bouquet of flowers always works.
    A piece of clothing, or some non expensive jewelry.

Or you could try to find out what she's really into, and buy something associated with that?

Slutty lingerie always works - they love it really.

Defo no clothing. Id go with perfume or spa voucher.

I would say something either cute or fun. Maybe a Me to You bear or a day out to a snow centre??

I would hate jewellery, lingerie or a meal personally. Lingerie because it's too forward if only been together a short time, jewellery because it's excessive for a new relationship and a meal because it's impersonal.

Maybe I'm high maintenance though something thoughtful and/or fun and you're good

Always a safe bet to take her out somewhere for christmas.
    Nice meal or a trip to somewhere is always good; try a local ice skating place if there's one available.

Some nice outdoors ones in London; romantic, funny and flirty too.
    Plus you get to spend some more time with her to get to know her better, could give you some more ideas for christmas

Calvin Klien CK one. I think it's unisex, so if it goes t!ts up in the new year you can have it back & use it yourself. That's the road i would go down anyway.

Havince

her dad prob wont be inpressed

Have I missed the bit where ages and need to do homework was discussed?

Banned

yazzay

Some Lush They have some really lovely christmas gift boxes

I'd go with this

Banned

NO her not this X)

Write her name on your arm with a sharpie pen then take her to a tattoo parlour to get a matching tatto with your name on her arm.

If she says no, she's not a keeper.

Chlamydia?

Steam Iron?

Engagement ring.

Me to you teddy and chocolates :-).

loooool

A book of baby names, let's find out if this is really going somewhere.

all good sensible ideas so far X) what about a little sparkly bangle or watch

Take her to winter wonderland

teh arn

Always a safe bet to take her out somewhere for christmas.Nice meal or a … Always a safe bet to take her out somewhere for christmas.Nice meal or a trip to somewhere is always good; try a local ice skating place if there's one available.Some nice outdoors ones in London; romantic, funny and flirty too.Plus you get to spend some more time with her to get to know her better, could give you some more ideas for christmas

Got to disagree with you there adz, you can take your partner out throughout the year anytime. I say a physical gift is something for special occasions.. xmas, birthdays, valentines day, easter..etc
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which Zelda Game?68
      2. random company selling fifa 18 for £29.9533
      3. Cinema 24122
      4. Recommend accurate weighing scales22

See more discussions