What you having for Christmas Dinner?

Found 18th Nov 2014
I know it's still early but as Im starting to plan for it and write down my shopping list I thought I'd see what others do.

Feel free to share any photos of yummy past Christmas dishes you've done along with any recipes you wish to share.

Doing Christmas dinner is one of the few things I actually really enjoy in life. lol
Community Updates
Misc
152 Comments
http://i60.tinypic.com/mt2gdz.jpg

Inb4 37 Terry's chocolate oranges.
We're having turkey this year.
Going to be having food for Christmas dinner this year...... (_;)
missleading

Turkey crown from M&S - no mess. Roast parsnips and glazed carrots, as … Turkey crown from M&S - no mess. Roast parsnips and glazed carrots, as it's the only time of year we have them. Roasted chestnuts, but I haven't found a way to stop them bursting everywhere.

I thought the bursting open meant they were ready
missleading

Turkey crown from M&S - no mess. Roast parsnips and glazed carrots, as … Turkey crown from M&S - no mess. Roast parsnips and glazed carrots, as it's the only time of year we have them. Roasted chestnuts, but I haven't found a way to stop them bursting everywhere.

Do you cut a X in them before roasting?
TheBoss96

Going to be having food for Christmas dinner this year...... (_;)

Thats good as Millions don't get the joys of having food on Christmas
Can we get November out of the way first please, Bazza?

I'm probably having sandwiches for dinner though. I might have something more extravagant for tea (_;)
Edited by: "RossD89" 18th Nov 2014
deeky

We're having turkey this year.

Not a lover of turkey as I have only cooked it twice and both times were really dry, where as I get Chicken and Beef perfect.
RossD89

Can we get November out of the way first please, Bazza? I'm probably … Can we get November out of the way first please, Bazza? I'm probably having sandwiches for dinner though. I might have something more extravagant for tea (_;)

What time do you have your Christmas Dinner? and no we can't wait
bazzamone

I read that as Minions.
bazzamone

What time do you have your Christmas Dinner? and no we can't wait

I eat my Christmas dinner around midday, like every other dinner every other day of the year. I have my tea in the late afternoon/early evening.

Edit:

I eat my main Christmas meal in the evening if that wasn't obvious X)
Edited by: "RossD89" 18th Nov 2014
Mark2111

I read that as Minions.

http://media1.giphy.com/media/bEG9vzpYH6Mz6/200_s.gif
RossD89

I eat my Christmas dinner around midday, like every other dinner every … I eat my Christmas dinner around midday, like every other dinner every other day of the year. I have my tea in the late afternoon/early evening.

You eat twice on Christmas Day?
Vegetarian

christmasfood.sainsburys.co.uk/pro…ce/

Hopefully this nut roast, I plan to order one soon to try providing they are allowing orders to be picked up sooner rather than nearer the time, if I can pick up soon to try and if I like I'll have it for xmas dinner. Maybe larger stores will just stock them.

Don't think the children will eat it so Quorn chicken style roast for them and possibly one of these so we have a bit of everything on plate.

http://i9.goodness-direct.co.uk/d/412619b.jpg buy these from Holland & Barratt

Will do vegetables - nothing special just carrots, peas, sweetcorn, some sage and onion stuffing,possibly a different flavoured stuffing, roast and mashed potatoes and some Yorkshire puddings.

Dessert, I'm not really keen on Xmas cake and mince pies, I don't like Xmas pudding either but some maybe a sherry trifle and maybe a Xmas theme chocolate trifle or chocolate cake for children.

RossD89

I eat my Christmas dinner around midday, like every other dinner every … I eat my Christmas dinner around midday, like every other dinner every other day of the year. I have my tea in the late afternoon/early evening. :pEdit:I eat my main Christmas meal in the evening if that wasn't obvious X)

But isn't your Christmas dinner your main Christmas meal?
Beans On Toast!!
bazzamone

You eat twice on Christmas Day?

Wellthe chocolates won't eat themselves and the crackers won't sit themselves next to cheese without help!
Mum2ConnornCerys

Vegetarian

oO Then you CANNOT have Christmas Dinner thats the LAW
bazzamone

Not a lover of turkey as I have only cooked it twice and both times were … Not a lover of turkey as I have only cooked it twice and both times were really dry, where as I get Chicken and Beef perfect.

Tbh, I prefer chicken myself. I might tell her to get a good quality chicken instead.
lidls turkey n trimmings... delicious!
RossD89

Wellthe chocolates won't eat themselves and the crackers won't sit … Wellthe chocolates won't eat themselves and the crackers won't sit themselves next to cheese without help!

RossD89

Wellthe chocolates won't eat themselves and the crackers won't sit … Wellthe chocolates won't eat themselves and the crackers won't sit themselves next to cheese without help!

I never get o the Cheese board always end up having a Cheese night between Christmas and New Year.
bazzamone

oO Then you CANNOT have Christmas Dinner thats the LAW

Lol suits me, saves on the washing up, can I just pick at the nuts and chocolates instead?
bazzamone

True sadly
Mum2ConnornCerys

Lol suits me, saves on the washing up, can I just pick at the nuts and … Lol suits me, saves on the washing up, can I just pick at the nuts and chocolates instead?

I'm Married sorry. I always get this women thinking I'm coming onto them when I'm just trying to be nice
deeky

But isn't your Christmas dinner your main Christmas meal?

It's generally dessert to my many, many pints.
Slow cooked gammon, maybe cooked in apple juice or cherry coke, with roast potatoes and parsnips and stuff. Not keen on turkey. Baked Camembert is definitely going to get eaten, preferably with dipping bacon, but I am not sure what time of day yet. Maybe breakfast :P

Probably have Aero, Malteasers, rum, Bailey's and xmas cake for pudding All healthy stuff.
moneysavingkitten

Slow cooked gammon, maybe cooked in apple juice or cherry coke, with … Slow cooked gammon, maybe cooked in apple juice or cherry coke, with roast potatoes and parsnips and stuff. Not keen on turkey. Baked Camembert is definitely going to get eaten, preferably with dipping bacon, but I am not sure what time of day yet. Maybe breakfast :PProbably have Aero, Malteasers, rum, Bailey's and xmas cake for pudding All healthy stuff.

Whats Baked Camembert like Ive never tried it and is dipping bacon just crispy bacon?
Don't really like turkey myself, a little too dry for my taste. This year the wife has said we will have something different so done some research and gonna see if I can find one these goat things, not easy in London but you never know.

http://myheartbeets.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Goat-Curry.jpg

Hope you all enjoy your Christmas whatever it is.

bazzamone

Whats Baked Camembert like Ive never tried it and is dipping bacon just … Whats Baked Camembert like Ive never tried it and is dipping bacon just crispy bacon?

Dipping bacon is a euphemism.

"madam, would you like to sample my pork sausage?"
bazzamone

Whats Baked Camembert like Ive never tried it and is dipping bacon just … Whats Baked Camembert like Ive never tried it and is dipping bacon just crispy bacon?

It's amazing! I have never tried it with bacon though.... I must try this wonderful sounding pairing.
konimitsu

Don't really like turkey myself, a little too dry for my taste. This year … Don't really like turkey myself, a little too dry for my taste. This year the wife has said we will have something different so done some research and gonna see if I can find one these goat things, not easy in London but you never know.Hope you all enjoy your Christmas whatever it is.

Not my cuppa tea for Christmas Dinner but "What ever floats your Goat I suppose"

.......................................................................................See That ^^^

http://cdn1.smosh.com/sites/default/files/ftpuploads/bloguploads/laughing-gifs-jack-nicholson.gif
Edited by: "bazzamone" 19th Nov 2014
RossD89

It's amazing! I have never tried it with bacon though.... I must try this … It's amazing! I have never tried it with bacon though.... I must try this wonderful sounding pairing.

I do love Cheese and I do Love Bacon, Must get the exact way MoneySavingKitten doe's it
mousey

Beans On Toast!!

With all the trimmings ?
konimitsu

Don't really like turkey myself, a little too dry for my taste. This year … Don't really like turkey myself, a little too dry for my taste. This year the wife has said we will have something different so done some research and gonna see if I can find one these goat things, not easy in London but you never know.Hope you all enjoy your Christmas whatever it is.

Agree turkey is too dry, unfortunately mrs already planned turkey.

Goat curry is awesome, last had it 15 years ago though lol. Funny thing is im having it this saturday for the first time in 15 years... genuinely cannot wait.
Rib of beef at the Bumcheeks house this year and for the last ten years !

Turkeys are dry, expensive and over rated in my opinion
J4GG4

Agree turkey is too dry, unfortunately mrs already planned turkey.Goat … Agree turkey is too dry, unfortunately mrs already planned turkey.Goat curry is awesome, last had it 15 years ago though lol. Funny thing is im having it this saturday for the first time in 15 years... genuinely cannot wait.

Oops just seen something put me off the goat.

Maybe plan b will come into play and have a nice leg of british lamb or beef instead with all the trimmings and the obligatory yorkshire pudding a must for every roast dinner.

Something frightening about looking at them like this though....but very tasty, we'll see.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/2/12/1265968459725/Lambs-001.jpg
Monkeybumcheeks

Rib of beef at the Bumcheeks house this year and for the last ten years … Rib of beef at the Bumcheeks house this year and for the last ten years !Turkeys are dry, expensive and over rated in my opinion

Yeah I personally dont think Turkey would really be needed apart from people are brainwashed into having it for Christmas.
bazzamone

You literally just bake the whole cheese, it's so yummy It's pretty much my favorite food ever.

It comes in a wooden(ish) box, then a wrapper, so you just unwrap the cheese. Then put the base of the box in the lid of the box, then put the cheese back in the box and put the whole thing in the oven. Some people use a expensive ceramic cheese bakers instead of the box. There are tons of them in John Lewis and Lakeland etc at the moment. But it really is no better, the box actually adds to the flavor.

I cut a criss-cross pattern in the top and then poke slices of garlic in it. Other people put rosemary in it too. I like the taste but I don't like picking it out after it's cooked. Bake it for 15 - 20 at 200°C.

When it comes out, it will be all googey and lovely inside a bit like fondue. You can dip whatever you want into it. You are right, dipping bacon is just crispy bacon. Some people dip bread, bread sticks, Doritos, olives, ham, prosciutto.whatever you like really Sweet chilli sauce is nice with it too.

You can eat the whole thing, the rind too, although the rind is a bit stronger tasting.

http://recipegreat.com/images/camembert-baked-in-the-box-with-garlic-01.jpg
moneysavingkitten

You literally just bake the whole cheese, it's so yummy It's pretty … You literally just bake the whole cheese, it's so yummy It's pretty much my favorite food ever.It comes in a wooden(ish) box, then a wrapper, so you just unwrap the cheese. Then put the base of the box in the lid of the box, then put the cheese back in the box and put the whole thing in the oven. Some people use a expensive ceramic cheese bakers instead of the box. There are tons of them in John Lewis and Lakeland etc at the moment. But it really is no better, the box actually adds to the flavor. I cut a criss-cross pattern in the top and then poke slices of garlic in it. Other people put rosemary in it too. I like the taste but I don't like picking it out after it's cooked. Bake it for 15 - 20 at 200°C. When it comes out, it will be all googey and lovely inside a bit like fondue. You can dip whatever you want into it. You are right, dipping bacon is just crispy bacon. Some people dip bread, bread sticks, Doritos, olives, ham, prosciutto.whatever you like really Sweet chilli sauce is nice with it too.You can eat the whole thing, the rind too, although the rind is a bit stronger tasting.

Sounds great is it normal or smoked Bacon and how do you make it crispy?
bazzamone

Sounds great is it normal or smoked Bacon and how do you make it crispy?

I just use cheapo cooking bacon to be honest, it's a bit random and there's tons of it in a pack. I think either smoked or normal would be fine, use what you like best I cook it in the george forman grill, I don't think it would be great fried, I'd use a normal grill if you don't have a foreman one. I either cut most of the fat off, or cook it really well until the bacon is a bit stiff. It's a bit stodgy with the cheese if too much fat is left on. Also the stiffness makes it easier to dip Don't forget the sweet chilli sauce
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants