Groups
    EXPIRED

Whatever happened to chicken in a basket?

Was once all the rage,wannabe trendies ordered it-some really ambitious eateries even did scampi in a basket.

Havent seen it for years tho-I miss those baskets.

58 Comments

Never saw chicken in a basket before - maybe im too young?

people got ill from eating basket induced bacteria :whistling:

Original Poster

bargainhunter2009;7035734

erm-my granny told me about it:whistling:

bargainhunter2009;7035734

how about soup in a basket

they still do at at the Greyhound Stadium in Sheffield

Original Poster

boothy;7035750

they still do at at the Greyhound Stadium in Sheffield

sounds classy:whistling:

I remember fries n chicken in a lil plastic basket ( that was meant to look like wicker!- the basket, not the chicken! )

and lil red and white squared tissue to absorb up all the fat to remind you of a traditional tablecloth.........

Wahhhhhhhhhh where has my world gone!!

It's been replaced by all the fast food eateries.

barky;7035763

sounds classy:whistling:

nope,but is a good laugh if a group of you go....not suitable for a lot of the snobs on here though

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;7035765

I remember fries n chicken in a lil plastic basket ( that was meant to … I remember fries n chicken in a lil plastic basket ( that was meant to look like wicker!- the basket, not the chicken! )and lil red and white squared tissue to absorb up all the fat to remind you of a traditional tablecloth.........Wahhhhhhhhhh where has my world gone!! :)It's been replaced by all the fast food eateries.

mcdonalds/burger king are michelin starred restaurants compared to some of the places that served chicken in a basket

I don't remember chicken in a basket, but I remember scampi and also burger & chips in a basket

ClarityofMind;7035765

I remember fries n chicken in a lil plastic basket ( that was meant to … I remember fries n chicken in a lil plastic basket ( that was meant to look like wicker!- the basket, not the chicken! )and lil red and white squared tissue to absorb up all the fat to remind you of a traditional tablecloth.........Wahhhhhhhhhh where has my world gone!! :)It's been replaced by all the fast food eateries.

are there any mobile fish and chip vans left that go round estates?

barky;7035781

mcdonalds/burger king are michelin starred restaurants compared to some … mcdonalds/burger king are michelin starred restaurants compared to some of the places that served chicken in a basket

I have a VERY vague memory of being on holiday as a kid with my parents and seeing some woman in a shiny wig dancing on a stage while I ate chicken in a basket......

I wonder where the hell they'd taken me! :w00t:;-)

Original Poster

boothy;7035770

nope,but is a good laugh if a group of you go....not suitable for a lot … nope,but is a good laugh if a group of you go....not suitable for a lot of the snobs on here though

used to love the dog racing at shawfield-we had a boys night every month until mrs barky decided I wasnt going anymore:whistling:

boothy;7035770

nope,but is a good laugh if a group of you go....not suitable for a lot … nope,but is a good laugh if a group of you go....not suitable for a lot of the snobs on here though

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-

chezz2;7035790

There is still one that goes around Peterborough, it's called Fishy Business :roll:

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;7035794

I have a VERY vague memory of being on holiday as a kid with my parents … I have a VERY vague memory of being on holiday as a kid with my parents and seeing some woman in a shiny wig dancing on a stage while I ate chicken in a basket......I wonder where the hell they'd taken me! :w00t:;-)

probably dundee or aberdeen:p

chezz2;7035790

Not round the East End anyway..... they'd have been turned over for cash, stripped of all equipment, driven round till all the petrol was dried out and then torched..... ;-)

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;7035805

Not round the East End anyway..... they'd have been turned over for cash, … Not round the East End anyway..... they'd have been turned over for cash, stripped of all equipment, driven round till all the petrol was dried out and then torched..... ;-)

ahh-those quaint east end customs

barky;7035804

probably dundee or aberdeen:p

lmao!!

uhmm.. Possibly Edinburgh! They used to take me to see the castle, I was only interested in the cannons :whistling: ;-)

barky;7035816

ahh-those quaint east end customs

it's the kinda thing that makes it home. :roll:

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;7035818

lmao!! uhmm.. Possibly Edinburgh! They used to take me to see the … lmao!! uhmm.. Possibly Edinburgh! They used to take me to see the castle, I was only interested in the cannons :whistling: ;-)

and still are:whistling:

chezz2;7035790

oh yes, forgotten about them, chips wrapped up in proper newspaper, not like the clean fresh rubbish they use these days,we used to ask for the chrispy bits,which were the bits they scraped out of the fryer.

ohhh happy days !

ClarityofMind;7035805

Not round the East End anyway..... they'd have been turned over for cash, … Not round the East End anyway..... they'd have been turned over for cash, stripped of all equipment, driven round till all the petrol was dried out and then torched..... ;-)

turned over, with all that hot molten lard in there, ....maniacs

Supermod

barky;7035798

used to love the dog racing at shawfield-we had a boys night every month … used to love the dog racing at shawfield-we had a boys night every month until mrs barky decided I wasnt going anymore:whistling:

Uh oh. Bad news.

Almost at the 4k.

barky;7035827

and still are:whistling:

I set that up for you :lol:

richp;7035835

oh yes, forgotten about them, chips wrapped up in proper newspaper, not … oh yes, forgotten about them, chips wrapped up in proper newspaper, not like the clean fresh rubbish they use these days,we used to ask for the chrispy bits,which were the bits they scraped out of the fryer.ohhh happy days !

Scraps?

chezz2;7035838

turned over, with all that hot molten lard in there, ....maniacs

lol @ Molten Lard!!

Hey you can't fry real chips in veggie oil ya know!!!! ;-)

ClarityofMind;7035848

lol @ Molten Lard!!Hey you can't fry real chips in veggie oil ya know!!!! … lol @ Molten Lard!!Hey you can't fry real chips in veggie oil ya know!!!! ;-)

You can't beat good old lard, sometimes I still fry my chips in lard :-D

richp;7035835

oh yes, forgotten about them, chips wrapped up in proper newspaper, not … oh yes, forgotten about them, chips wrapped up in proper newspaper, not like the clean fresh rubbish they use these days,we used to ask for the chrispy bits,which were the bits they scraped out of the fryer.ohhh happy days !

and you could use the lardy newspaper to clean your windscreen for weeks afterwards :w00t:;-)

livingthelife07;7035860

You can't beat good old lard, sometimes I still fry my chips in lard :-D

me too.... My kids say I'm trying to kill them ;-):roll:

ClarityofMind;7035848

lol @ Molten Lard!!Hey you can't fry real chips in veggie oil ya know!!!! … lol @ Molten Lard!!Hey you can't fry real chips in veggie oil ya know!!!! ;-)

i cant believe i have any space left in my arteries left:)

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;7035863

and you could use the lardy newspaper to clean your windscreen for weeks … and you could use the lardy newspaper to clean your windscreen for weeks afterwards :w00t:;-)

this is turning into the four yorkshiremen sketch

chezz2;7035869

i cant believe i have any space left in my arteries left:)

awww what the hell we only live once :roll:

Salad tomorrow.... :lol:

barky;7035884

[SIZE="7"]4000 babes!!![/SIZE]

where's that darn thread...........:x

barky;7035884

you mean you had lard.............

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;7035891

[SIZE="7"]4000 babes!!![/SIZE]where's that darn thread...........:x

and not one word of sense in any of em

Original Poster

chezz2;7035893

you mean you had lard.............

luxury!

Banned

chezz2;7035790

ITS VERY HARD TO HAVE THEM DUE TO HEALTH AND SAFETY

I HATE DO GOODERS:x and people that type in caps sorry

On a similar subject what happened to wrapping fish and chips in newspapers??? or was that a Scottish thing????

I remember chicken/scampi in a basket, often washed down with Mateus Rose!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cracked windscreen, is it safe and legal to drive?1319
      2. CAR QUESTION: Difference Between Lexus IS300 and Lexus IS300h?715
      3. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?44
      4. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?813

See more discussions