Whatismymovie? Website uses intelligent search technology to find films

Found 7th Aug 2016
What a great idea! Never be lost remembering that film again with this great website!

whatismymovie.com/

The technology analyses video streams in real time to identify more than one thousand concepts to solve that problem we all face when we can't remember the name of a film.

The video files themselves are read through a combination of natural language processing and pattern recognition AI. Just type in a search term on the website and it should come up with several suggestions.

The site currently contains data on more than 45,000 English language films.

16 Comments

watched a movie near 2 decades ago. some years ago I tried everything to search that movie and some kind soul on IMDb forum told me the name. was so hard to find as I didn't remember any important info except there was midnight sun at the end.
it was called lovers of arctic circle and was a Spanish movie. I'm gonna try to find if this site can tell me same movie

found it in two searches with same info I had before. thanks for the site subscribed n bookmarked

How do you pay to watch a film on amazon.com if you dont have a US registered card

Shaydog

moviemap has been going for well over a decadeBTW archer, apparently I'm … moviemap has been going for well over a decadeBTW archer, apparently I'm you old chap oO....hello me X)

So does that mean i am now replying to myself . Anyway thanks for the link but its more a discussion board.

archer1204

So does that mean i am now replying to myself . Anyway thanks for the … So does that mean i am now replying to myself . Anyway thanks for the link but its more a discussion board.

Don't you tell me what to do me!!!
http://www.gmanreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Me-Myself-Irene-2000.jpg

I'm impressed, tried random search strings, works really well.

Amazing, was going to start a thread recently to identify old forgotten nostalgic films. This identified it first time! Bet the film is rubbish but I liked it as a toddler...

Sammys super t-shirt (1980)

Thanks Op, great post
Edited by: "delusion" 8th Aug 2016

Original Poster

Such a good website - anyone using it?

Tried a few things. No success. Don't think it works with obscure movies.

Original Poster

Satan_Claws

Tried a few things. No success. Don't think it works with obscure movies.

Yeah I think that's the trouble with these type of things - a shame, you'd have thought they'd have got the material from imdb and used that in their search engine.

not finding a film for me..

All I remember from it was abotu a business man, has like a montage of him sleeping with lots of different women, then he gets into an accident and is wheelchair bound.. cant remember when it was from or why i even want to watch it again.. but I just want to know.

Original Poster

haritori

not finding a film for me..All I remember from it was abotu a business … not finding a film for me..All I remember from it was abotu a business man, has like a montage of him sleeping with lots of different women, then he gets into an accident and is wheelchair bound.. cant remember when it was from or why i even want to watch it again.. but I just want to know.

Yeah the website does come up with some ridiculous movies when inputted - what a pity. Do you remember any actors or anything else that might help work it out? It doesn't ring any bells (to me, imdb or this website)

PD1018 m ago

Yeah the website does come up with some ridiculous movies when inputted - …Yeah the website does come up with some ridiculous movies when inputted - what a pity. Do you remember any actors or anything else that might help work it out? It doesn't ring any bells (to me, imdb or this website)

Nope thats about all the info i can think of, although it did find a 2nd film i was looking for

haritori16th Jul

not finding a film for me..All I remember from it was abotu a business …not finding a film for me..All I remember from it was abotu a business man, has like a montage of him sleeping with lots of different women, then he gets into an accident and is wheelchair bound.. cant remember when it was from or why i even want to watch it again.. but I just want to know.

It wasn't Diving Bell And The Butterfly was it?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Gatwick Airport Parking22
    2. Foo fighters presale code.3743
    3. Is the Feedback section still monitored?11
    4. Domain renewal22

See more discussions