Groups

what's a cheap good breakdown recovery ?

looking for a deal on a good (reliable) and cheap breakdown cover for me and my wife (2 cars)
    thanks

16 Comments

start rescue.. but not sure you get family deals..

cheap and good dont always play well together...

You might want to speak to your bank...most banks now offer 'premium' features for a small monthly fee. Breakdown recovery is only one feature with travel insurance and mobile phone cover also included - a bargain if you need all three.

autoaid gives you personal cover for yourself and your spouse for less than £50 in any car you are driving or travelling. been with them for years no complaints.

+1 Start Rescue. They have 20% Quidco. Go for 3* unless you plan taking the car into Europe.

green flag

Curlyman83

You might want to speak to your bank...most banks now offer 'premium' … You might want to speak to your bank...most banks now offer 'premium' features for a small monthly fee. Breakdown recovery is only one feature with travel insurance and mobile phone cover also included - a bargain if you need all three.

This.
    I pay £10 a month with nationwide

Rescue my car.com You can cover car or yourself for any vehicle.Not expensive.

alangraham

Rescue my car.com You can cover car or yourself for any vehicle.Not … Rescue my car.com You can cover car or yourself for any vehicle.Not expensive.

​+1

We got home start through our car insurance for an extra £49.00

alangraham

Rescue my car.com You can cover car or yourself for any vehicle.Not … Rescue my car.com You can cover car or yourself for any vehicle.Not expensive.

​how much does it cost if you don't mind me asking I can't do a quote online as the site won't work for me and they don't list their prices. Thanks

I know ford are giving away 12 months breakdown cover with a service, so if you have one coming up, it might be worth considering it. I think an interim service is circa £150

I used to be with rescuemycar but with start rescue only because of price,I've had them both out and they have been brilliant in my experience

Original Poster

looks like it's cheaper to get cover separately

mahmouddiaa

looks like it's cheaper to get cover separately

​have you checked autoaid £45 or about for both you and your wife in any car you are travelling

jordygilly

This.I pay £10 a month with nationwide

So do I but after a horrific 24 hours taken being recovered from Bournemouth to NEWPORT gwent that included being left freezing cold with a 8 year old and a diabetic for 5 hours in Yeovil and listening to countless lies from britannias call centre and to put the cherry on the cake then being demanded to pay the £20.00 Severn bridge cost for the recovery truck.i can no longer trust Britannia rescue I now have separate cover in place with RAC as there is no way we could cope with Britannias incompetence again
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Nowtv offer at Merlin Attractions23
      2. Hi Wonder if anyone can help...I urgently need to buy a laptop today , up t…59
      3. Best place to buy an iPad second hand?11
      4. Quad-core laptop under £470?21

See more discussions