Groups

Whats a decent Android phone around £150, HTC Tattoo or Pulse?

Im looking for a cheap PAYG Android phone as I have a T-Mobile contract with a data plan. It needs to be either Unlocked or on T-mobile unless its easy to unlock Androids!

The Tattoo is £180 at Play but with TopCashBack giving 8% at the moment on Mobiles it comes in at £165.60 for an unlocked phone.
    The other option is that T-mobile potentially have the Pulse for about £120 tomorrow after 20% discount, TopCashBack and selling the SIM.
    150 20% = 120 + 10 Credit = 130 5 TCB = 125 5 SIM = 120.

Im very pushed for time and the offer is only on for tomorrow so Id be grateful for any pointers as to whether the Tattoo is worth the extra £45.
    The Tattoo uses Android 1.6 versus 1.5 for the Pulse if that makes much of a difference. I dont suppose either will get updated to 2.0 or beyond!

5 Comments

Original Poster

After a bit of quick research it seems as if the Pulse has double the pixel count and a larger screen and seemingly Android 2.0 will be available; not that I believe everything on WikiPedia.:)
    The extra screen pixel acreage and size seems to make it an obvious choice especially at the lower price.

As well as a larger screen, the Pulse has a capacitative screen, not a resistive screen like the Tattoo.

I have the Pulse, my mate in work a Tattoo and I must say that the ownership experience is better for the Pulse - yes I am biased, but I think with good reason. He is hunched over his phone squinting to see as he prods at the screen with a little stylus. If he was honest, he would have a Pulse, but for him it was a free upgrade. If you've £150 of your own cash to spend on an even field, I'd take the Pulse.

Pulse all the way.

:-D

So have you bought a Pulse yet, or what?

:whistling:

Original Poster

Thanks fishwibbler, you’ve convinced me already and will order one tomorrow. :thumbsup:

you want to shoot over to the t-mobile site and get one today @ £119 + topup

Original Poster

iamanoldgit;8200943

you want to shoot over to the t-mobile site and get one today @ £119 + … you want to shoot over to the t-mobile site and get one today @ £119 + topup

That's why I asked the question. Read the OP. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does the app aznog still work?22
      2. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 233
      3. Virgin Media TV67
      4. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50023

See more discussions