What's a fair price for a new (unopened box) Intel Core i5 3330?

Found 15th Dec 2017
I have one left over from a build I was going to start but never got round to, so I'm thinking of ebaying it. I couldn't find one that had sold in similar condition, but I'm thinking it could be worth a bit more than the used 3330s I've seen. I might just keep it as a spare if the price is not that much better, but if it's a significant improvement over the used prices I wouldn't mind raising some cash for my new build!
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
I know nothing about computers but generally id knock 10-20 percent off whatever it sells for new in a shop depending on its value
Can you transfer the warranty to a buyer? If not then it is effectively used and hence valued as such!
£45 - 69 - Tis a fairly low end i5!

If there's anyone interested "off line" don't forget to knock off a good 15%+, as that's what postage, ebay and paypal and fees will cost you.
Van19733 h, 59 m ago

Can you transfer the warranty to a buyer? If not then it is effectively …Can you transfer the warranty to a buyer? If not then it is effectively used and hence valued as such!

On a 2013/2014 processor? I doubt there is one anymore.

CPUs rarely fail so used doesn't mean much. If it's got the bundled cooler that might be worth a little more not having any wear but low end coolers are cheap enough.

Maybe a fiver over the average?
CeX sell them for £28 with a 2 year warranty, no stock right now, so will get better money on eBay.
It's worth as much as a buyer offers for it. As it is, it's an untested product with no warranty or real option for returns, so while it's nice that it comes in a box, it's not necessary as much of a value-add as you might hope for.
Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess I'll probably hang on to it and see if I can use it myself.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants