Whats a good beginners SLR?

Would ideally prefer to spend the lower part of my budget.

Also which software is good to use to edit pics? im using a mac if it helps.

23 Comments

Canon 1000d...check my old threads i created a similar recently....bought from canon outlet on eBay....also use iPhoto or aperture

Original Poster

Ok thanks , just looking at the differences between a 400d and 1000d.

Banned

boothy

Canon 1000d...check my old threads i created a similar recently....bought … Canon 1000d...check my old threads i created a similar recently....bought from canon outlet on eBay....also use iPhoto or aperture

Do you have the link for this Canon outlet? I'm in the market for a 550d soon

I also have a canon 1000d and love it

I'm only a beginner but it's perfect for me

DJ1

Do you have the link for this Canon outlet? I'm in the market for a 550d … Do you have the link for this Canon outlet? I'm in the market for a 550d soon

They don't have many 550d's for sale. I got mine for £580 after quidco though from Comet which was a bit of a bargain.

I am considering the 500d by Canon or the Nikon D5000???

Any recommendations???
Edited by: "bargainhunter2009" 20th Nov 2010

Banned

mr.potato_head

They don't have many 550d's for sale. I got mine for £580 after quidco … They don't have many 550d's for sale. I got mine for £580 after quidco though from Comet which was a bit of a bargain.

Snap..... Though on top of the discount and voucher, I also blagged a 10% discount from work to bring it down to £540 (or £520 if TCB pays out).... Such a lovely piece of kit.

If you're not too fussed about it being new I recommend a second hand 30d, can be had on ebay quite cheaply, then invest in a good lens.

Original Poster

Ok so im stuck between a canon 30d,400d or 1000d

Original Poster

dcx_badass

1000D.

Yeh i think i may just be this as quite a few other people have it too. So if i need any help they can help me out.

Original Poster

£284 on ebay is that about right?

Original Poster

Yeah im not in a rush the one on ebay is also a refurb plus i get paid in a week or two. So will keep checking.

They're all good cameras, I prefer the xxd range (currently have a 40d) because of the twin display, rear scroll wheel and the fact I have large hands

Original Poster

sancho1983

They're all good cameras, I prefer the xxd range (currently have a 40d) … They're all good cameras, I prefer the xxd range (currently have a 40d) because of the twin display, rear scroll wheel and the fact I have large hands

i have small hands. Ill try out the cameras when im next at work(i work at comet)

Original Poster

Dont think i can afford that :(. Seems to be a v good deal though.

I am almost certain will go for the 500d

have a 450d that takes some pretty nice pics.

Banned

I'm going to throw in a suggestion for a Sony as nobody else has and I have one.

Banned

I'll add to the sony rec too - out of the 3 big players I prefer the sony.
Most of it comes down to what you like the feel of though.
Also you can pick cheap lenses up for sony and they have in body stabilisation rather than in lens, which is a big plus in my view.

+1 for sony you can pick an a200 up on ebay for about £200 with an 18-70 lens plus you can get the old minolta lenses for cheap which will fit too.
Edited by: "numptyj" 22nd Nov 2010

Original Poster

ended up going for a 450d.

MarzBarz

ended up going for a 450d.

Nice! I have a 450d for gig photography - with a 50mm lens it takes incredible pictures!

Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.
http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww48/hibees01/imagesCAET60MU.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona12
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764038
    3. Pink Balls24
    4. Avoiding the adds on the desktop client for the Spotify free account812

See more discussions