What's a good brand of 100w LED light bulb?

Posted 4th May
What's a good brand of 100w (or higher) LED light bulb? Also, where can i get one without getting fakes.

Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
Mini sun or Philips are good. When you say 100watt? That's not applicable with led. It's lumens
wayners04/05/2019 12:45

Mini sun or Philips are good. When you say 100watt? That's not applicable …Mini sun or Philips are good. When you say 100watt? That's not applicable with led. It's lumens

Thanks! What Lumen would be equivilent to 100Watt?
Any
What type of light bulb are you after?
Loads of types.
wayners52 m ago

Mini sun or Philips are good. When you say 100watt? That's not applicable …Mini sun or Philips are good. When you say 100watt? That's not applicable with led. It's lumens

100W LED light sources do exist but they're the sort of outdoor lighting fixing you'd buy for lighting up a large outdoor area rather than something that comes in a bulb format.

I believe 100W incandescent bulbs were around 1750 lumens. Most LEDs that claim equivalency have a little less total output (1600 seems common) but LEDs tend to be a bit more directional so it's likely the area in front of the bulb is receiving the same amount of light.
500 lumens cool white is bright. You probably want to go brighter
johnny00704/05/2019 13:18

What type of light bulb are you after?Loads of types.

Just like this one but in 100w would be perfect:
argos.co.uk/pro…119

I've found lots on Ebay and Amazon, but a lot of them are unbranded (or may be fakes) which I understand can have problems.
kutekitty1 h, 54 m ago

Thanks! What Lumen would be equivilent to 100Watt?

It usually tells you on the packaging but generally, the 100w equivalent in LED would be 1521 lumens - 60w are 810.

If you want something that gives a good "white" light but is lower in wattage then try the "Daylight" bulbs. The are cooler in the temperature range and give a blue(er) light rather than a warmer yellow glow. Wilko are a good source of bulb. Not too cheap but have a good range and usually a display so you can see them in the flesh.
Like people have said before. 100w led bulb don’t really exist anymore. 9.5w led bulb would give you about the equivalent to a 60w bulb
Try screwfix or speak to a company called national lighting. (On the web)
I've not seen 100w led in a shop, I'll bet it has do do with the passive (no fan) heat dissipation they have to cope with.
I've found that cool white look plenty bright to me.
Luckily, I'm blessed with a 3 armed chandelier where the bulbs point up, so reflect the light off of my ceiling.
I'd suggest you try a bulb from a pound shop, preferably one cool white and one warm white to see which one you like, but I'll bet the cool white will look brighter!
Depending on their placement, the ones kutekitty linked to would be good for a table/bedside lamp as the light is evenly distributed.
(They do say one year life though, better value ones on Amazon and 2 years life (that's being left on 24/7 for 2 years)
p.s. I think 100w compact fluorescents are still going, but they look ugly imho!
one that doesn't blow
diy.com/dep…prd
Diall brand, seen them around in other styles, like some halogen ones, £6 for a 100W equiv from a well known UK store.

Mind you, the better name 60W equivalent / 810 lumen (I got some TCP 12W) are prodigiously bright compared to most supposedly 60W equivalent CFL
Try the ~9W 810 lumen bulbs they are not far off an old 100w bulb.
zzzz20 m ago

Try the ~9W 810 lumen bulbs they are not far off an old 100w bulb.

810 lumen is probably nearer 60W incandescent. Probably need 1500+ lumen to replicate 100W incandescent.
kutekitty4th May

Just like this one but in 100w would be …Just like this one but in 100w would be perfect:https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8357119I've found lots on Ebay and Amazon, but a lot of them are unbranded (or may be fakes) which I understand can have problems.

So B22 base. Philips branded B22 13W 1510 lumen LED equiv 100W incandescent £6 each FB Amazon, less in multipack amazon.co.uk/dp/…YE/
1500 lumen will be overkill. Just try a cheap 810 lumen bulb.
Read the reviews on the just posted amazon 1500 lumen bulbs.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions