Groups

What's a good non expensive sat nav these days?

Hi,

I got one of the old original tom toms from back in 2006 and haven't updated it since and wondered whats a good reliable sat nav on a budget that comes with a mount bracket.

Cheers.

13 Comments

My refurb 5inch TomTom XXL worked out at £80 AFTER cashback few months back

tomtom.com/en_…hed

can you not update your tom tom with a new map from there website

Download maps and use one of the many patchers available on the net.

A phone and a car charger?

Banned

Most mobile phones, certainly all the latest Nokia have free maps for life with voice guidance world wide coverage.

I have two of these, they work well and hace some features of the top end tom toms.

ebuyer.com/pro…932

lumoruk

Most mobile phones, certainly all the latest Nokia have free maps for … Most mobile phones, certainly all the latest Nokia have free maps for life with voice guidance world wide coverage.

Same with Android, comes with free voice Navigation

Mobile phone (Android using CoPilot map software) + dashboard mount + car charger

Works good for me.

Google Navigation on any Android Phone. Maps are updated constantly - and it's free.

Banned

Google maps seems clumsy when I've used it. Nokia maps is clean and uncluttered. Plus Nokia don't save your location on their servers.

Original Poster

cheers guys.

Original Poster

I hacked up my old tomtom. Put new maps on it, fixed the postcodes and everything else. Saved myself allot of moolah.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Iphone 7 - What Case?619
      2. recent price to fit a standard sized garage door56
      3. Cool kettle Bosch kettle cashback won't work. Help!22
      4. Question for electrician on bathroom fan45

See more discussions