Groups

what's a good starter SLR camera to buy around £300?

I'm looking for my first SLR camera and I will be using it for photos of the baby, on holidays and other places I visit. Is it worth me spending this much if it's only being used for these things. I would like to do some photo shoots of my little girl and get them printed off. I do like the quality of picture an SLR takes but was also wondering if I should get a compact camera instead. My favourite one I've read reviews on so far is the Nikon D3300. Any help appreciated, thanks.

7 Comments

2nd hand Nikon D40, fantastic camera.

I had the d3300 with the 18-55 kit lens is an amazing camera. I have. 1.5m x 1m canvas of the little one hanging on the wall. Great image quality and surprisingly light

Have you considered a bridge camera. Combine this with a cheap photography course. There was one going about that also allowed you to get an NUS card too

Original Poster

sweetjudy21

I had the d3300 with the 18-55 kit lens is an amazing camera. I have. … I had the d3300 with the 18-55 kit lens is an amazing camera. I have. 1.5m x 1m canvas of the little one hanging on the wall. Great image quality and surprisingly light

Sounds good, that's something I was planning on doing myself.

Original Poster

FreeDeal

Have you considered a bridge camera. Combine this with a cheap … Have you considered a bridge camera. Combine this with a cheap photography course. There was one going about that also allowed you to get an NUS card too

I've just had a look as I've not heard of a bridge camera before. I believe it's called a bridge because it's a mix of a point & shoot and an SLR. Not sure if that's correct but it sounds like a nice balance so I'm going to have a proper look into this. Thanks

Original Poster

SidSnot

2nd hand Nikon D40, fantastic camera.

Seems like a decent camera , I would prefer a new camera for my first one though so it comes with everything it should do. I want to learn how to fully use it.

FreeDeal

Have you considered a bridge camera. Combine this with a cheap … Have you considered a bridge camera. Combine this with a cheap photography course. There was one going about that also allowed you to get an NUS card too

What cheap photography course are you referring?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
      4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions