What’s a good upgrade from a 1100t cpu

Found 31st Oct 2017
I’m after upgrading my mobo, ram and cpu in my antec 300 case. I have a gtx 970 graphics card. Thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments

Depends on budget. Are you replacing the case too ?

Original Poster

kester7619 m ago

Depends on budget. Are you replacing the case too ?

Not sure it seems okay, I built it about 7 years ago I think.

Ryzen seems to be the way to go for most things... at the moment the next generation "budget" Intel's are hampered by the lack of any lower priced motherboards - competition may tighten up when those arrive

rollercoaster637 h, 5 m ago

Not sure it seems okay, I built it about 7 years ago I think.

I would probably swap it out for a better case as it gives you better cooling options.

Original Poster

kester7613 h, 28 m ago

I would probably swap it out for a better case as it gives you better …I would probably swap it out for a better case as it gives you better cooling options.

Any case recommendations

rollercoaster6316 m ago

Any case recommendations

thermaltake.com/Cha…htm
They do little ones too
Prefer the cube design as the motherboard is laid flat instead of hanging. Only con is that they weigh alot but are just awesome for modding.

You can throw two PSUs in the case aswell

Original Poster

kester7640 m ago

http://www.thermaltake.com/Chassis/Cube_Case_/Core/C_00003042/Core_X5_Tempered_Glass_Edition/Design.htmThey do little ones too Prefer the cube design as the motherboard is laid flat instead of hanging. Only con is that they weigh alot but are just awesome for modding.You can throw two PSUs in the case aswell

That looks awesome but its quite big compared to my Antec 300 :-D

rollercoaster632 h, 2 m ago

That looks awesome but its quite big compared to my Antec 300 :-D

Just very wide but impressive. Mobo looks a bit like the the last car in the carpark when you 1st install it.

Original Poster

I might get a ITX version of that type of case as i love the look
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions