Whats a Good VPN to use please?

Found 20th Jul 2017
Hi,

Trying to get into these VPN's and im lost on which one is a reliable and popular one to use. many thanks for any info or help on this.
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
I am using Ivacy (https://www.ivacy.com/buy-vpn/), 50 dollars, 2 years... It does the work

1 year ago I used PIA (https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/) - 40 dollars - 1 year

I think they are very similar...
Tunnel bear
IP Vanish. Love it.
I'm also looking into using a VPN for a MacBook, I'm considering Windscribe (supports Windows, IOS, Android and a few other platforms) as the free version has a bandwidth of 10GB a month, although TunnelBear is supposed to be easy to set up, it has half the bandwidth at 5GB.
I've been looking for one myself..
Beebee18

I'm also looking into using a VPN for a MacBook, I'm considering … I'm also looking into using a VPN for a MacBook, I'm considering Windscribe (supports Windows, IOS, Android and a few other platforms) as the free version has a bandwidth of 10GB a month, although TunnelBear is supposed to be easy to set up, it has half the bandwidth at 5GB.

I read recently the PIA client for MAC is very good.
I use a free one called betternet and all seems fine
Millionvoltage

I read recently the PIA client for MAC is very good.

Thank you for the info. Do you know if it is easy to set up? as I am a complete noob at VPNs.
Beebee1810 m ago

Thank you for the info. Do you know if it is easy to set up? as I am a …Thank you for the info. Do you know if it is easy to set up? as I am a complete noob at VPNs.

I use PIA on both Windows and Android devices. For these two it's just download and install the program/app then enter the account name and pasword and login. Very simple to use - selecting different servers (locations) or to disconnect.

I would assume it will be the same on the Mac
I tested loads of VPNs and settled on PIA due to their good speeds. I was getting around 50-90mbps using most of the ones i tested but on PIA i get my full speed of 150mbps..

The main reason i use a VPN now is for youtube videos, nearly all videos used to buff for 5 or 10 seconds before starting (due to virgins cache) now everything loads straight away very quickly.
Again PIA for the paid one but personally use Betternet which is free and does the job for me.
I use IP Vanish at the minute. I have a router setup which my Firestick and other devices connect to and I use their software on laptop and phone when required. They have been pretty decent so far. Will maybe try a few others just to compare, at some point.
Edited by: "Rusty82" 20th Jul 2017
I've been using privateinternetaccess.com for years now, wouldn't use or trust anyone else. Not the cheapest but the best and most featured. I use on desktop, laptop and linux boxes.
Opera browser - vpn comes as standard
Epic for browsing: epicbrowser.com/
But don't just take my word for it...
Van1973

I use PIA on both Windows and Android devices. For these two it's just … I use PIA on both Windows and Android devices. For these two it's just download and install the program/app then enter the account name and pasword and login. Very simple to use - selecting different servers (locations) or to disconnect.I would assume it will be the same on the Mac

Thank you Van1973. Decided to go for PIA. I think the price is competitive (went for the yearly sub), considering you can use it on up to 5 devices. It is exactly as you explained on how to "set up", I just left my setting on "auto" for selecting servers, not that I travel much LOL.
if its for mobile i recommend vpn free. only one that has worked hassle free for me unlock line at my work
cyber ghost is very user friendly.
thanks for all this great info, i did try the opera one but it just gets stuck on orange connecting all the time so i guess thats not a great start unless im doing something wrong..
anyone heard of AirVpn ?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants