Whats a Good VPN to use please?

Posted 27th Jun 2020
i used NordVpn for a few years but was hard to understand what all the the things did that was in my network settings like tap tunnel and lynx, but not sure if i should stick with nord or try another one,

thanks for any help on this
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
ExpressVPN
Mullvad
PIA

All have a tried and tested no log policy
Edited by: "----" 27th Jun
What specific functions are required?
----27/06/2020 22:24

ExpressVPNMullvadPIAAll have a tried and tested no log policy

Just a watch out, PIA was taken over last year, their log policy is definitely tested but check reports about their new owners and make sure you are comfortable first.
Edited by: "eslick" 27th Jun
I use Avast.
WeVPN
I swapped from PIA to Nord recently and it gives me better access to US shows etc. Depends what you’re after.
Another vote for express. Worked spot on for hulu, US netflix
anyone managed to get prime video to work with usa content with a vpn on the firestick. ive got about 5 vpn's and none of them work for usa prime on the firestick or my android phone.

anyone know anything that works?
deleted2117661
Proton vpn
EN1GMA27/06/2020 23:32

anyone managed to get prime video to work with usa content with a vpn on …anyone managed to get prime video to work with usa content with a vpn on the firestick. ive got about 5 vpn's and none of them work for usa prime on the firestick or my android phone.anyone know anything that works?

WeVPN
Nord is good but expensive. NordLynx is their new protocol based on WireGuard protocol instead of TCP or UDP. It's faster.
jamie1528/06/2020 03:13

Nord is good but expensive. NordLynx is their new protocol based on …Nord is good but expensive. NordLynx is their new protocol based on WireGuard protocol instead of TCP or UDP. It's faster.

yeah the nordlynx was a recent thing wasnt it as i wasnt sure too allow it or not in the adapter local connection section
JaxStorm28/06/2020 03:38

yeah the nordlynx was a recent thing wasnt it as i wasnt sure too allow it …yeah the nordlynx was a recent thing wasnt it as i wasnt sure too allow it or not in the adapter local connection section

Yes it's new, it's a better protocol by the looks of it so not a bad thing.
Edited by: "jamie15" 28th Jun
Windscribe
jamie1528/06/2020 03:13

Nord is good but expensive. NordLynx is their new protocol based on …Nord is good but expensive. NordLynx is their new protocol based on WireGuard protocol instead of TCP or UDP. It's faster.

£1.07 a month at the moment through Quidco for a decent VPN I wouldn't say is bad.

Ive been using NordVpn, I use it to change geolocation to access certain content and I think it's excellent. With a 100Mbs Virgin connection it still gives me enough speed ,even after the expected loss,to view things properly.
I use digibit and it does the job and is cheap
Sc4mp028/06/2020 08:58

£1.07 a month at the moment through Quidco for a decent VPN I wouldn't say …£1.07 a month at the moment through Quidco for a decent VPN I wouldn't say is bad.Ive been using NordVpn, I use it to change geolocation to access certain content and I think it's excellent. With a 100Mbs Virgin connection it still gives me enough speed ,even after the expected loss,to view things properly.

It is more expensive than alternatives but it is far more trustworthy than a random no name VPN.
huge thanks to everyone for the info i have alot to look into now thanks, i tried to get back on nordvpn for 1 month while i looked into the others but payment keeps failing via visa not sure why unless its because i left it at united states instead of putting it to UK as it seams to cost more in VAT
JaxStorm28/06/2020 21:00

huge thanks to everyone for the info i have alot to look into now thanks, …huge thanks to everyone for the info i have alot to look into now thanks, i tried to get back on nordvpn for 1 month while i looked into the others but payment keeps failing via visa not sure why unless its because i left it at united states instead of putting it to UK as it seams to cost more in VAT

It should still work if kept in USD. Try via Amazon Pay maybe?
JaxStorm28/06/2020 21:00

huge thanks to everyone for the info i have alot to look into now thanks, …huge thanks to everyone for the info i have alot to look into now thanks, i tried to get back on nordvpn for 1 month while i looked into the others but payment keeps failing via visa not sure why unless its because i left it at united states instead of putting it to UK as it seams to cost more in VAT

Don’t use NordVPN on Mac it ruins your laptop. Happened to be kept having kernel panics even after I had removed the software. Luckily Apple replaced the Laptop as it was under warranty.
moschops128/06/2020 10:46

I use digibit and it does the job and is cheap

Yep same here cheap monthly contract rather then yearly. Good choice of servers abdroid app and Windows work great.
Post a comment
@
    Text