Whats a good way to fry food so its not greasy?

Found 25th Sep 2009
I hate cooking since it doesnt matter if I am using Chicken, beef, sausages on a frying pan(or even a grill) or frying chips in a chip fryer they all turn out greasy.

I have tried replacing oil with just a drop of water so the pan doesnt burn then bring the meat in, not as bad for things like beef but chicken comes out slightly greasy and sausages or things like that I keep having to drain and come out soggy and greasy so no idea a good way to cook them.

1. Misc
  2. Food
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Food
34 Comments

Get a george formby grill

you dont need to put any oil in at all to cook....I never use oil...and if any oil comes off the meat then I make sure to drain it before I add the sauce/serve etc

I dont see how things taste greasy when cooked on the grill??

Banned

get some dry spices in there .......soon dry up and charr with high heat

Chicken is greasy ??

What are you cooking lol

Original Poster

lil_tiger;6396205

you dont need to put any oil in at all to cook....I never use oil...and … you dont need to put any oil in at all to cook....I never use oil...and if any oil comes off the meat then I make sure to drain it before I add the sauce/serve etcI dont see how things taste greasy when cooked on the grill??

Normally the grease/fat drips off and it is still kinda wet.

Someone mentioned the George Formby grill before, I'll think about getting one.

Do you buy your meat from farmfoods?

yeh lol chicken breast have hardly any oil or greasyness, oven or grill stuff dont fry

Original Poster

deb8z;6396219

Chicken is greasy ??What are you cooking lol

Not very much, but I seem to get a lot of fat probably as I use cheap bucher van stuff.

Stop coating things with lard before you cook

Banned

buy some kitchen towels ffs

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;6396271

You do drain the fat, what little there is of it, off afterwards yes?

Yes lol. chicken doesnt seem that bad, nor does the beef sometimes its mainly things like sausages that seem very greasy.

Still I want to make the chicken or beef with as little grease as possible so I can put it in a sandwich or something.

casparwhite;6396283

buy some kitchen towels ffs

I lolled at that !!!!!!!

Sausages usually are greasy:?

Use kitchen roll to soak up the fat that comes out and you can even put the sausages on some kitchen roll when they are cooked to get the grease off.

Although if you're buying very cheap sausages there's probably more fat in them.

stick to chicken and lean beef

Banned

wait til the ducks get a hold of him......hes had it

http://www.b3tards.com/u/04d821dabf7fcbecc84b/jurassicducklings.gif

If frying is needed get the fat almost smoking hot, this seals in the meat juices and stops extra fat being absorbed (I tend to do this with all joints of meat before roasting).

For joints (not that sort caspar, calm down) this leaves a lovely moist tender meat that is great for slicing for sandwiches.

Original Poster

deb8z;6396341

Sausages usually are greasy:?Use kitchen roll to soak up the fat that … Sausages usually are greasy:?Use kitchen roll to soak up the fat that comes out and you can even put the sausages on some kitchen roll when they are cooked to get the grease off.Although if you're buying very cheap sausages there's probably more fat in them.

Well they arent butchers sausages but not Tesco Value either they are the ones that are normally like a quid for 8 in a packet.

sounds stupid but I didnt think of the kitchen roll, I normally just drain it into a plastic bowl I have that I only use for fat.

When I say greasy with the sausages I mean like as you eat them they are covered not like ones you get say at a bed and breakfast which are the ones I like.

ryouga;6396392

Well they arent butchers sausages but not Tesco Value either they are the … Well they arent butchers sausages but not Tesco Value either they are the ones that are normally like a quid for 8 in a packet.sounds stupid but I didnt think of the kitchen roll, I normally just drain it into a plastic bowl I have that I only use for fat.When I say greasy with the sausages I mean like as you eat them they are covered not like ones you get say at a bed and breakfast which are the ones I like.

If you look most of the sausages at a quid a pack are only 65-70% meat, the rest is fat and bulking agents, sausages are really worth paying ectra for and taking the time to read the ingredients of, Tesco finest do a really nice range, try their pork and apple.

Banned

for a start mate you need to look at the meat content the sausages you are buying are probably less than 50% meat if youre eating crap like richmonds in the green packet......debbie and andrews from supermarket 98% pork or a decent deli

ryouga;6396392

Well they arent butchers sausages but not Tesco Value either they are the … Well they arent butchers sausages but not Tesco Value either they are the ones that are normally like a quid for 8 in a packet.sounds stupid but I didnt think of the kitchen roll, I normally just drain it into a plastic bowl I have that I only use for fat.When I say greasy with the sausages I mean like as you eat them they are covered not like ones you get say at a bed and breakfast which are the ones I like.

I think you need to buy more expensive sausages,although i know someone with a B&B and their sausages are lovely and they are bought frozen!!

Original Poster

Well I dont know, I have friends and my parents who can use cheap sausages like Tesco Value and they turn out just right so it must be in part how they are fried/grilled.

I think I just havent got the skill to cook meat very well.

Just athought but have you ever thought of becoming one of those vegetarians?

Best way to do fried bread is put butter on both sides and put in a dry pan far far more tasty that way and more healty too

make sure the oil is hot when frying

muffin247;6396527

make sure the oil is hot when frying

Yeah coz it takes weeks to cook when the oil is cold :oops:

I rarely eat sausages though,the contents put me off lol

Banned

pork loin by the sound of it.....generally a decent all rounder

Get some Fry Light

starsparkle2311;6396734

I rarely eat sausages either, although I do like a nice portion of good … I rarely eat sausages either, although I do like a nice portion of good quality pork occcasionally:thumbsup:

:whistling::w00t::whistling:

Get yaself a girlfriend...get her to cook for ya!

Banned

put them in the oven

Don't buy rubbish meat its tumbled with water and other crap, the label will tell you the water content.

use olive oil, a little amount and good seasoning sea salt and freshly ground pepper.

Grilling and the oven are good options,

Sausages can be started off in the pan then put into the oven for finishing off.

Chicken roasted on a wire tray in the roasting tray, nicely coated in olive oil and SEA SALT and freshly ground pepper, turning 1/2 through, will give a nice crispy skin and nicely cooked meat.

It would also depend on what you adding to your meals as well though which may be making your meals greasy.

Duck - is easily cooked and yeah supermarket brands are stingy in the meat, only buy the breasts from them and whole duck from butchers/farmers market, cover in oil and crushed sage leaves, and 2 halves of an orange in the cavity, turning 1/2 way through roasting. Yes you need to drain the duck fat while roasting to stop the smoke and can be saved for roast potatoes.

Your butchers are your friend and will most definitely have lovely sausages to try out and better cuts of meat, even cheap cuts are very good, ie pork belly slow roasted overnight produces great crackling and the moist-ed melt in the mouth pork, some stewed apples, lovely.

hunchback;6396233

Do you buy your meat from farmfoods?

:lol:

harlzter;6396508

Just athought but have you ever thought of becoming one of those … Just athought but have you ever thought of becoming one of those vegetarians?

:lol:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771907
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18396819
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19548053
    4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1981431

See more discussions