What’s a key worker defined as??

Posted 18th Mar
I work for a water company.....key worker or not??
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
How about me, I’m a locksmith!
Health workers including nursing staff

Police officers

Supermarket delivery drivers

Workers looking after the vulnerable and elderly
I’m a postman I told my kids they are included, they were fuming. I was joking though.
33 Comments
Depends on what you do for them I guess. If it’s Maintaining supply I would class that as key.
I'd like to think anyone who works within Utilities (gas/water/electric) would be classed as a key worker.

I do not believe they have clarified exactly who a key worker is, no list as of yet.
Health workers including nursing staff

Police officers

Supermarket delivery drivers

Workers looking after the vulnerable and elderly
This was just on my local news website, hope this helps
danzab18/03/2020 19:35

Beat me by 8 seconds. Respect.
I’m a postman I told my kids they are included, they were fuming. I was joking though.
There meant to releasing a list shortly, I’ll be on the list, but my understanding is it’s more just so people can go to work than actual lessons...
More of a baby sitting service.
A cobbler would count as one I think.
@AdamWalkerGX7

Your manager will know if you are a key worker in utilities.
.MUFC.18/03/2020 20:00

More of a baby sitting service.

To be expected otherwise some kids will be getting more education that others etc.

I'm sure they will make sure they keep up with their assigned work but they will probably say bring a game too!

Crazy times - stay safe people!
What no Armed Forces?
You are missing part of the definition which is public sector - most water companies I thought were in the private sector.

Jonathan_Dance6Hn18/03/2020 20:18

What no Armed Forces?

For housing entitlement they are included.
Supermarket delivery drivers on list but what about supermarket workers?
Bertz9918/03/2020 20:28

You are missing part of the definition which is public sector - most water …You are missing part of the definition which is public sector - most water companies I thought were in the private sector.For housing entitlement they are included.

No mention that those designated as key workers have to be in the public sector. In fact the PM & Education Secretary mentioned supermarket delivery drivers.
Doctors should not be included in that list.
It is their duty.
captainbeaky18/03/2020 20:46

No mention that those designated as key workers have to be in the public …No mention that those designated as key workers have to be in the public sector. In fact the PM & Education Secretary mentioned supermarket delivery drivers.

A quote of prior art in the definition from the government
"Because publicsectorpaylags behind that of privateemployers, the effectscan have political consequences in terms of shortages of keyworkers"
Sammy8618/03/2020 21:07

Doctors should not be included in that list.It is their duty.

The concept is that they may need their children cared for whilst they are working.
This is what my daughters school sent us to define a keyworker
40135090-pvM0m.jpg
Gohan12318/03/2020 21:35

Just read on guardian school maybe shut till …Just read on guardian school maybe shut till September.https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiECdfkYrnUOtZZcC4fuDyg9IqFggEKg4IACoGCAowl6p7MN-zCTDlkko?hl=en-GB&gl=GB&ceid=GB:en

I guess it is already for the 16 year olds and 18 year olds. Imagine their school books have been burnt already following the no exam news.

Thoughts and best wishes to the children of key workers . Bet they are gutted.
BargainLovingMum18/03/2020 21:35

This is what my daughters school sent us to define a keyworker[Image]

Ooooh I'm on the list
Edited by: "ding" 18th Mar
I’m a teacher but luckily I’m on maternity leave as I wouldn’t want to send my kids to school even if the numbers were reduced. Still a chance of being infected
danzab18/03/2020 19:35

From 'Police Squad'

Crime Boss "Who are you and how did you get in here"
Det. Frank Drebin (undercover) "I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith"
Towelie18/03/2020 19:12

I'd like to think anyone who works within Utilities (gas/water/electric) …I'd like to think anyone who works within Utilities (gas/water/electric) would be classed as a key worker.I do not believe they have clarified exactly who a key worker is, no list as of yet.

That’s because they don’t know themselves, yet. Absolutely clueless.
Bargainhead18/03/2020 19:56

There meant to releasing a list shortly, I’ll be on the list, but my u …There meant to releasing a list shortly, I’ll be on the list, but my understanding is it’s more just so people can go to work than actual lessons...

There is absolutely no way we will not be teaching lessons - it’s difficult enough as it is trying to keep the kids engaged without telling them “The point of you being here is not for your benefit!”
Curlyman8318/03/2020 23:41

There is absolutely no way we will not be teaching lessons - it’s d …There is absolutely no way we will not be teaching lessons - it’s difficult enough as it is trying to keep the kids engaged without telling them “The point of you being here is not for your benefit!”

So your telling me there are going to be enough kids to justify different years and different sets, and enough teachers in school for all this...
Bargainhead19/03/2020 05:40

So your telling me there are going to be enough kids to justify different …So your telling me there are going to be enough kids to justify different years and different sets, and enough teachers in school for all this...

There certainly will be for us...I work in a special school where every student has an EHCP, so unless parents decide to keep their children at home, we’ll have a full contingent in.
Curlyman8319/03/2020 07:09

There certainly will be for us...I work in a special school where every …There certainly will be for us...I work in a special school where every student has an EHCP, so unless parents decide to keep their children at home, we’ll have a full contingent in.

But that’s not the norm, with other schools.
I am a bog roll manufacturer & supplier. Do I go to the top of the list.
Edited by: "oliviasgrandad" 19th Mar
BargainLovingMum18/03/2020 21:35

This is what my daughters school sent us to define a keyworker[Image]

I think there is is other nhs staff should be on the list.

Porters. Domestic and catering no hospital could run without these people. Especially the domestics that will be keeping the hospitals clean.
Are Key Workers Excempt from catching Corona Virus or something?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants