Found 26th Nov 2006
I have been looking for a CD for a gift and came across a lot of ECDs. What are they?:|

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
7 Comments

I get the feeling there might be quite a few acronyms with ECD. Do you have a context for this? My first thought was extended CD which has some games and video on it for your computer.

I think it's actually Enhanced CD and means there is probably video or CD-ROM content on it.

Original Poster

Admin

I get the feeling there might be quite a few acronyms with ECD. Do you … I get the feeling there might be quite a few acronyms with ECD. Do you have a context for this? My first thought was extended CD which has some games and video on it for your computer.

Sorry. I was looking for a Katie Melua CD Call Off The Search and the best priced one was an ECD. I wondered if this would play on an ordinary CD player.

ECD's do play on ordinary CD players, but not the enhanced parts, such as CD-ROM content.

Original Poster

Thank you Rayman. I'll buy the ECD then because it's cheaper than the CD.

BUT - ECD's dont always play in PCs !!The CDROM part must, of course, but not always the music.

Several EMI discs a year or so ago had problems with PC playback, something to do with the copy protection that *may* or may not also be added.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Aliexpress - To be trusted?44
    2. BBC4 Vietnam War43
    3. With or without cream?56
    4. Mobile WiFi calling?44

See more discussions