Groups

What's been your most extravagant purchase?

Most of the time we're all searching for bargains on here, but what was your most outlandish outlay?

I bought a brand new car when I was 19 (20 years ago) and it took me years to pay it off, doh! I still can't beleive the bank agreed to lend me the money.

40 Comments

I spent £110 on a bottle of moisturiser yesterday :oops:

I cant remember wht mine is :thinking:
    may be N97,

Banned

bossyboots;6298854

I spent £110 on a bottle of moisturiser yesterday :oops:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?!?!?!?

alligator skin or what LOL i joke i joke lolll ok seriously why? PM for details!!

hey the bank agreed cos the interest you paid back would have bought you two of the same model!

[COLOR="Red"]Aston Martin Vantage.

I can easily afford it though so it's all good.[/COLOR]

I bought a Omega Speedmaster Professional not that long ago as a present to myself

kapows;6298867

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?!?!?!?alligator skin or what … whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?!?!?!?alligator skin or what LOL i joke i joke lolll ok seriously why? PM for details!!hey the bank agreed cos the interest you paid back would have bought you two of the same model!

:giggle: Its actually a Salon Size of Clarins Younger Longer Balm !!!!! very good too - use it every second night and you look just FANTASTIC HURRAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!

bought a rolex a couple of years ago,only wear it now and again

The JFK;6298870

[COLOR="Red"]Aston Martin Vantage.I can easily afford it though so it's … [COLOR="Red"]Aston Martin Vantage.I can easily afford it though so it's all good.[/COLOR]

Only one, I bought two. Different colours to match my socks.

Original Poster

The JFK;6298870

[COLOR="Red"]Aston Martin Vantage.I can easily afford it though so it's … [COLOR="Red"]Aston Martin Vantage.I can easily afford it though so it's all good.[/COLOR]

Did you have to save up your pocket money?
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/bonanzleimages/afu/images/1456/9995/f0cf_1.jpg

The JFK;6298870

[COLOR=red]Aston Martin Vantage.[/COLOR][COLOR=red]I can easily afford it … [COLOR=red]Aston Martin Vantage.[/COLOR][COLOR=red]I can easily afford it though so it's all good.[/COLOR]

wincey;6298906

I usually buy those in bulk.

Banned

wincey;6298906

LMAO that put him in his place loll

The JFK;6298870

Stop being nasty to him - he just worked very hard doing his portering in all of those posh hotels he said he has been to;-)

Banned

My most extravagant purchase today is a brand new 59 plate i30 Premium 1.6 CDRi

Supermod

Apart from buying a house, I bought a Roy Lichtenstein piece of art for £17,500...

GSXR 1000 K5 model 4 years ago just under 9 thousand :thumbsup:

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v173/219/83/821559239/n821559239_211605_5019.jpg

Apart from cars, house or holiday - I think some of the biggest one-off payment purchases have been my Mac laptop about 4 years ago - parted with £1000 cash and then about 6 months ago, a MacBook Air.

esq3585;6299008

Nice one and performane wise make an Aston Martin look like an invalidity scooter :thumbsup:

Banned

today -

a standard bottle of lucozade orange for £1.25!!

WTF!

my sainsbury do 500ML for a quid!

magicjay1986;6298984

Apart from buying a house, I bought a Roy Lichtenstein piece of art for … Apart from buying a house, I bought a Roy Lichtenstein piece of art for £17,500...

Nice - which piece is it?

Supermod

meandog101;6299044

Apart from cars, house or holiday - I think some of the biggest one-off … Apart from cars, house or holiday - I think some of the biggest one-off payment purchases have been my Mac laptop about 4 years ago - parted with £1000 cash and then about 6 months ago, a MacBook Air.

Awesome! A real head turner.

Seriously, my extravagant purchase today is chips and gravy with little bit salt on.

Other expensive spending are house, gold, kids school fees. Simple life.

esq3585;6299008

Nice one I think it looks great in Black:thumbsup:

Although I went crazy not long ago and paid £1300 for a 100-400L series canon lens.

http://i25.tinypic.com/25q92et.jpg

tonyg1962;6299055

Nice one and performane wise make an Aston Martin look like an invalidity … Nice one and performane wise make an Aston Martin look like an invalidity scooter :thumbsup:

Yeah it is quite quick ;-)

mikebike;6299084

Nice one I think it looks great in Black:thumbsup:

Had to goto Jim Alan to get it, was hard to find one brand new in stealth black.
    Well chuffed with it apart from the clutch judder although you learn to live with it.
    Cant be arsed changing the washer in the clutch to calm it down.
    Goes through tyres quicker than the SV I had that's for sure.

Only thing I can think off is Going to Magaluf with my friends for my Birthday
    But only did that cos hubby said I couldnt have a party LOL

guv;6298969

My most extravagant purchase today is a brand new 59 plate i30 Premium … My most extravagant purchase today is a brand new 59 plate i30 Premium 1.6 CDRi

[COLOR="Red"]So you bought a Hyundai?

Wow, weak car.

You're no baller.[/COLOR]

Supermod

dancrawley;6299066

Nice - which piece is it?

Not an original piece obviously. They can fetch millions. It was a print of Drowning Girl. It is amazing though.

I'm not a big spender, £518 for a 50" tv from here a month ago is my biggest purchase.

I find lots of stuff i'd want but I just think hmm do I really need it?

wow some mad stuff in here for sure :thumbsup:

i remember when i got my first job back in 97 i felt real good and bought a £1000 kenwood separates stereo thing, which doesn't sound like much but it was like so out the blue and from kays or empire club-book and not on finance LOL!

Paid 13k cash for my car 8 years ago worth about 1500 quid now.:whistling:

Broxy;6299278

Paid 13k cash for my car 8 years ago worth about 1500 quid now.:whistling:

:giggle:

a pair of slippers

Just hired a full time nanny. That coupled with school fees is the equivalent to a brand new BMW each year.

They had better get a good job and pay me back.

My stock of jewellery and teleshopping products...spent well over £10k on those.

realfriendlyman;6299538

My stock of jewellery and teleshopping products...spent well over £10k on … My stock of jewellery and teleshopping products...spent well over £10k on those.

No more QVC for you :w00t:

pink;6299585

No more QVC for you :w00t:

lol, I don't touch them....although they were fast becoming my rivals. :giggle:

I don't know about extravagant, but our most impulsive purchase was a couple of years ago. We went into a Honda garage to pick up some new mats for the car and ended up coming away with a brand new Honda Civic Type R.

This was in 2001 when they had just come out, there was a wait list but one was ordered by someone who couldn't get insurance for it so we ended up driving it away. Now that was some salesman!!!!

My gastric band, £7,500

65 quid a shot of Louis Remy Martin XIII, i had 4 :oops:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31154
      2. Weekly game codes giveaway 182722
      3. Find out how good your GP surgery is1010
      4. Did you know?2951

See more discussions