Groups

Whats best way to get mobile broadband for 1-2 months

My credit rating isnt the best so worried about getting a credit check for a dongle that I wont use for long in case I apply for any more credit in the future.

Its mainly as I will be getting a summer flat for a few months but the current tenant left without paying BT and BT said they cant close the account and put it in my name till the line is cancelled and that will take at least a month.

Once I do I intend to get O2 broadband with the 30 day cooling off period then for the other 2-3 months in flat just go for a 1 month contract isp.

6 Comments

Original Poster

cookiemonster83;8491380

Just get a PAYG dongle then, … Just get a PAYG dongle then, surely?http://www.broadbandgenie.co.uk/mobilebroadband/pay-as-you-go

I was thinking that but after paying for the dongle it would be cheaper to get a 30 day contract one.

Also just realised I have a O2 dongle so if I can unlock that I wont need another dongle as have a 3 sim with £10 on it.

those dongles are rubbish! speeds are slow and limited capacity! anyway guess u knew that! if wifi, speak to the friendly neighbours and ask to share bill for a month or two :-)

Banned

Perhaps a neighbour wont have discovered wifi encryption!

Original Poster

Chief Wiggum;8491441

those dongles are rubbish! speeds are slow and limited capacity! anyway … those dongles are rubbish! speeds are slow and limited capacity! anyway guess u knew that! if wifi, speak to the friendly neighbours and ask to share bill for a month or two :-)

Lol I am not too bothered about the speed its more price and bandwith as I like to go on youtube often and instead of saving stuff to dvd much anymore I download what I need when I need it from Iplayer or torrents.

I could go to my parents and download but they have a FUP with BT or go to one of 3 local bars but they are quite depressing and one has 0.5meg speed one has a great 8 meg connection but filesharing websites are blocked, one has a ok connection but loads of sites are banned to the point even MSN is blocked or Skype or even computer game websites though downloads are ok if you can start them before you get there(which is what I have done before)

ryouga;8491389

.Also just realised I have a O2 dongle so if I can unlock that I wont … .Also just realised I have a O2 dongle so if I can unlock that I wont need another dongle as have a 3 sim with £10 on it.

I have used a 3 sim in an o2 dongle without unlocking, just create a new profile:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Beds33
      2. What to do?????34
      3. Any free Now TV sports passes?22
      4. Best VR games?22

See more discussions