What’s better google mini or show 5?

Posted 1st Dec
I have two Google’s and also a Lenover but now thy Alexa show is at such good price thinking of getting one
Could you tell me what’s the difference ? Which one is better
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
It depends on a few things, I guess. I find the Google more reliable (sometimes the Echo doesn't respond to 'Alexa' and I have to say it a few times even though I've done the voice training, but the Google I find very reliable).

Then on the services you use. The Echo products are good if you have Amazon Prime as you get access to Prime Music which you can use on the Echos without paying any more, but the Google seems to be more compatible with most other services through the Cast feature (Android apps in particular).

I'm not sure it's easy to recommend one over the other, without knowing what you'd be hoping to use it for. But I do personally prefer the Google products. I have some Google Home Mini speakers, a Nest Hub, Chromecast, some Echo Dots (3rd generation), and Fire TV, so I've had quite a bit of time to compare the two ranges.
Edited by: "lyesbkz" 1st Dec
lyesbkz01/12/2019 21:45

It depends on a few things, I guess. I find the Google more reliable …It depends on a few things, I guess. I find the Google more reliable (sometimes the Echo doesn't respond to 'Alexa' and I have to say it a few times even though I've done the voice training, but the Google I find very reliable).Then on the services you use. The Echo products are good if you have Amazon Prime as you get access to Prime Music which you can use on the Echos without paying any more, but the Google seems to be more compatible with most other services through the Cast feature (Android apps in particular). I'm not sure it's easy to recommend one over the other, without knowing what you'd be hoping to use it for. But I do personally prefer the Google products. I have some Google Home Mini speakers, a Nest Hub, Chromecast, some Echo Dots (3rd generation), and Fire TV, so I've had quite a bit of time to compare the two ranges.

I have prime I also have Spotify premium that I never listen to
Kids use their google for watching YouTube
Me for music
In the kitchen for music as was unable to set up video calls so was thinking of getting echo 8 for. Video calls ? Which one has better music quality sound ?
Thank you
andrushka01/12/2019 21:48

thinking of getting echo 8 for. Video calls ? Which one has better music …thinking of getting echo 8 for. Video calls ? Which one has better music quality sound ?

Hopefully somebody else can answer this as I haven't used the Echo Show 8.

But I have found with the speakers, that the Echo generally sound better than the Google equivalent in my experience.
I upgraded from ‘Echo Dot’ to ‘Show 5’. I like returned visuals along with spoken answers / skills and you can have screensavers / photos or say “display off. “ Some music has lyrics from previous purchased on Amazon.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions