Found 27th Oct 2008
dont know if this is a really random stupid question but whats cheap in france?
going over first week in december
i know wine is the obvious but how much is cheap?
and what else is good over there
cheers

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
16 Comments

seriously cheap wine and beer (like 75% off compared to uk prices), cigarettes are cheap too

White flags.

Original Poster

Sheep87;3300131

seriously cheap wine and beer (like 75% off compared to uk prices), … seriously cheap wine and beer (like 75% off compared to uk prices), cigarettes are cheap too

really that much is that on brands i will know or just french ones

Banned

Monkies. Of the surrender variety.

japsapa;3300182

french brands have got to be better than the processed tripe we get here

dimebars;3300186

Monkies. Of the surrender variety.

cheese eating...

Keep going straight through France....to Spain if you want " cheap " France doesn't really do cheap.;-)

japsapa;3300182

on known brands. they even have a tescos in calais. :thumbsup:

Banned

depends on your defintion of cheap. if you mean cheaper than UK prices, then EVERYTHING is cheaper.

I just wish we were allowed to bring back gas & electric

if you want a free trip then bring back 3200 of cigs each and sell them down your local. it will pay for your day!

Supermod

Nothing is cheap in Paris but the rest of France is good.

Shekz0r;3300257

cheese eating...

Lol. That has to be one of the best ever Groening lines, kills me every time.

In answer to the OP though (sorry, momentarily distracted there...) as a cosmetic obsessed pupster, I always opt for their lovely pampering products such as Nuxe face stuff (Exfoliant Doux Aromatique is a great face scrub) & L'Occitane (Almond bath & shower oil is to die for) when I'm over there - not much help if you're a) a bloke or b)just doing a booze-cruise type thingy.... just thought I'd throw that one into the mix anyhoo!

everything is cheaper although some not as good as cspain. But if you taking a acr you can obvioulsy bring more back. You can get 35cl bottles of decent own brand vodka for kie 4 euros and smirnoff much cheaper.

Plus had a lovely single barrel jack daniels i bought hubby back few years ago and it was same price as normal jack is here about £17

Original Poster

thanks guys

Original Poster

hopefully get some bargins and enough beer and wine to get me ****** all next year

I have just come back from france wine is so cheap its unreal, my husband was picking (decent) bottles of wine up for 3 euros, clothes and shoes for adults are quite good. Baby food items apart from milk and nappies are also really cheap
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941396
    2. Marmite1823
    3. Krack WiFi vuln1121
    4. UBER can be a waste of money1019

See more discussions