Groups

Whats currently a good cpu to have in a pc?

I might sell my laptop to buy a desktop pc but not sure whats currently a good cpu,what are the better ones to look for out of amd and intel?thanks

9 Comments

duo core 3ghz

Intel

If you overclock, the E5200 is good.

Otherwise the Q6600 / E8400 for me.

Original Poster

Shengis;3410300

http://www.pcwb.com/catalogue/item/A0435895 :giggle:

ouch!!way to much for me lol

black gerbil1;3410228

duo core 3ghz

dual cores are rubbish you want core 2 duo

i have an intel core 2 duo 2.0gigx2 but now i have an amx athlonx2 3.1gig and another amd athlonx2 2.6gig machine both run very fast and hadle the lastest games i suppose its personal choice really amd or intel you could even delve into the darkside and go for macs but they suck at gaming

Banned

depends on what you want to do with it... I have the Q6600...

If you are not absolutely desperate to buy now hold on for a couple of months.

Intel have just changed the socket type for all their new processors and it is NOT backwards compatible.

I think only the top end processors are out so far though, so it might be the other side of Xmas before we see the entry level i7 processors.

jallsey;3411715

Intel have just changed the socket type for all their new processors and … Intel have just changed the socket type for all their new processors and it is NOT backwards compatible. I think only the top end processors are out so far though, so it might be the other side of Xmas before we see the entry level i7 processors.

The latest date for the mainstream (not entry level) i7 processors is the second half of 2009, so expect the entry level ones even further beyond that. The mainstream ones are going to use a different socket to the ones about to be released so who knows which socket the entry-level ones will use?

tsar_nate;3411019

dual cores are rubbish you want core 2 duo

Core 2 duo is a dual core processor, perhaps you meant the specific pentium dual-core models?

I would say if it's in your price range then go for a quad-core processor, there's little point in going for a high-end dual-core for most people.

Core 2 duo is a dual core processor, perhaps you meant the specific pentium dual-core models?

es sorry you were right about that one lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047141
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2869
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1223
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7181352

See more discussions