Groups

Whats Does All Risk Cover include in Home Insurance

Hi, just about to renew my home insurance, and theres something called 'unspecified personal possessions away from home' (or all risks cover) not sure whether to add this on, what would this include? Mobiles,sat nav. bikes?

7 Comments

Banned

Sure saves getting mobile phone insurance. Will cover loss theft or accidental damage of items totally a specified amount usually £3k. Plus any single item up to £1k

Original Poster

lumoruk;3942674

Sure saves getting mobile phone insurance. Will cover loss theft or … Sure saves getting mobile phone insurance. Will cover loss theft or accidental damage of items totally a specified amount usually £3k. Plus any single item up to £1k

Thanks lumor, my contents excess is showing up as £200 in one quote, would that be the same for the personal possessions away from home?

Banned

nadss;3942746

Thanks lumor, my contents excess is showing up as £200 in one quote, … Thanks lumor, my contents excess is showing up as £200 in one quote, would that be the same for the personal possessions away from home?

Been a year since i looked and i'm at work at minute so hopefully someone else can confirm. Should be less though.

Original Poster

lumoruk;3942795

Been a year since i looked and i'm at work at minute so hopefully someone … Been a year since i looked and i'm at work at minute so hopefully someone else can confirm. Should be less though.

ok, thanks for your help:)

nadss;3942746

Thanks lumor, my contents excess is showing up as £200 in one quote, … Thanks lumor, my contents excess is showing up as £200 in one quote, would that be the same for the personal possessions away from home?

The excess would normally be for all sections of the policy including the all risks

The excess applies to all sections, also all risks cover may not cover certain items even away from home and its not necessarily £3000, its usual for insurers to allow you to set the limit for cover as with any policy, my home insurance all risk covers only £1000, cos thats what I specified I needed, it also doesnt cover laptops.

excess applies to all sections and personal possessions away from home doesnt normally cover bikes, there is often a separate section for this.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764156
      2. Any PS4 News Here29213612
      3. The great big HUKD Nintendo thread3335655
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?2283

See more discussions