Posted 25th Dec 2022 (Posted 13 h, 31 m ago)
Merry Christmas all

Becoming a tradition now this discussion 3rd year running.

I'm a food lover and the dinner is always the best bit of Christmas for me.

Have a good day one and all
Community Updates
Misc
New Comment

40 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    Homemade Quorn chicken and mushroom curry, with chips, pilau rice, garlic and coriander naan bread, with samosas, bahji and garlic ryita.

Vanilla cheesecake for dessert.

Yum
    Author
    Yum are you a vegetarian? I love a good curry I make a delicious chickpea curry. I didn't get to desert in the end. Might treat myself to the last of my Cafe latte ice cream.
  2. Avatar
    Double helping of sprouts, chicken, carrots & roast potatoes.
    Author
    Yum my kind of dinner. I'm also doing a chicken
  3. Avatar
    Got a big beef joint and a tomahawk steak in the smoker, when that’s done will Chuck the Turkey crown in and let the beef rest for an hour.

the tomahawk steak is probably big enough to feed everyone here on it’s own.
    Author
    Ooh a smoker, my dream appliance. Pictures later please
  4. Avatar
    I've been asked to bring my macaroni salad. Receipe handed down from my Hawaiian grandmother :) 
    Author
    I love a good family recipe
  5. Avatar
    Cheese board all the way
    Author
    Nice one, what cheeses you got this year then
  6. Avatar
    Christmas pasta with a roast veg sauce, evening our local curry takeaway is open rude not give them our custom. Keep it simple and chilled.
    Author
    Yes I'm not going over the top nice and simple chicken dinner just cooking what we will actually eat.

Ooh I love roast veg, I was well prepared and Roasted veg last night. Bit of peppers, corguette and aubergine with a good hit of mixed herbs and extra virgin olive oil.
  7. Avatar
    Pork shoulder on the bone, sous vide, 28 hours, pulled pork sarnies for tea.
    Author
    Ooh yes will be really tender can just imagine it, my partners not a big fan of pork will eat sausages and bacon but if I cooked a joint of me it would only be for myself... Add pics later
  8. Avatar
    [deleted]
    Author
    Food is food I'm sure you will still enjoy it with your family around.
  9. Avatar
    Turkey leg in a herby red wine sauce with onions and button mushrooms, roasted carrots, roasted sprouts and chipolatas wrapped in smokey bacon and M&S roasties cooked in goose fat.
    Author
    Yes I would eat that. Wine sauce. My kind of sauce... Sounds delicious. Pictures please..
  10. Avatar
    Chicken Madras, with Sage & Onion Stuffing Balls, Roast Potatoes and Sweetcorn. Strawberry Cheesecake for afters.
    Author
    Yes that would go down a treat. I'm still debating whether to do a crumble or get my partner to do a biscoff cheesecake. We're running low on biscoff so will have to be a 2 person cheesecake.
  11. Avatar
    Chorizo wrapped in sausage meat, wrapped in chicken, wrapped in bacon.
    Author
    You have the keys to my heart.
    Pictures when it's all prepared pleaseeee (edited)
  12. Avatar
    This could easily end up as "What's everybody cocking up to today"
    Author

Can easily happen even with an experienced chef like myself. Last year I decided to do the rum cake first. Big mistake we ended up eating dinner far later than I would have liked.

So what will you be cocking up today
  13. Avatar
    We had a whole fillet of British wild Venison, roasted, with roast and potato dauphinoise, veg. etc., and a red cabbage dish. Delicious! . A little more interesting than turkey!
    Tomorrow, it's a big Beef Wellington I got half-price from Aldi yesterday
    Author
    Sounding delicious..Ooh Potato dauphinoise one of my favourites I make mine with a hint of garlic...Seems like alot people aren't doing a turkey this year..all the dishes sound mouth watering...yummm
  14. Avatar
    Lobster in a cream cheese sauce, roast duck and trimmings. We get a bit bored with turkey
    Author
    Ooh sounds good.. any pictures would love to see your lobster..I'm not a fan of turkey myself so never bother doing one my partner also prefers chicken. (edited)
  15. Avatar
    Goat
    Author
    Nice how you planning on cooking it...
  16. Avatar
    Author
    I hope you all had a good day and enjoyed your Christmas. Cherish the time with your family, each day make the most of it.

I really enjoyed reading all of the comments with what you guys were cooking/eating and I hope you all had a lovely day.

Until the next time
Top Merchants