What's going on with eBay??

Found 27th Mar
Can someone explain to me what's happening to eBay? Over the last few weeks I have seen at least 8 sellers with 100% feedback rating selling items at buy it now with ridiculous prices (see below) or search for item number 132557306556 and see that sellers.

Ive grown tired reporting these items to eBay but no doubt some buyers are falling for these scams

2916768-FBrr4.jpg2916768-tg0UO.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
deleted1416210
eBay is a complete mess these days; the dodgy sellers are thriving and I see very little discouragement from eBay.
Counterfeit DVD's is something else which is rife, multiple buyers will leave feedback on listings like ' clearly fake but a good copy' but these sellers have been operating for years; undercutting the real deal by 50%; particularly on new releases.
People buy because it's cheap but they have no idea who they are funding; it's nothing more than organised crime, and I for one certainly dont want my money funding those kinds of peoples lifestyles.
I used to use eBay to possibly addictive levels , these days I rarely bother unless it's a well known respected company or a personal seller clearly having a clear out.
Edited by: "deleted1416210" 27th Mar
37 Comments
Looking at that seller, their latest positive feedback was in 2016. Must be an old account hacked
jamie0151 m ago

Looking at that seller, their latest positive feedback was in 2016. Must …Looking at that seller, their latest positive feedback was in 2016. Must be an old account hacked

A lot of accounts getting hacked then. I'e seen so many examples recently with similar number of items
Its either that or they are paying miney for old accounts with 100% feedback. So they can scam people.
Another example from different seller 162964241845. Check their sold items
Most buyers don't care, they'll still buy the item (funding scammers) just because they know eBay will refund them
deleted1416210
eBay is a complete mess these days; the dodgy sellers are thriving and I see very little discouragement from eBay.
Counterfeit DVD's is something else which is rife, multiple buyers will leave feedback on listings like ' clearly fake but a good copy' but these sellers have been operating for years; undercutting the real deal by 50%; particularly on new releases.
People buy because it's cheap but they have no idea who they are funding; it's nothing more than organised crime, and I for one certainly dont want my money funding those kinds of peoples lifestyles.
I used to use eBay to possibly addictive levels , these days I rarely bother unless it's a well known respected company or a personal seller clearly having a clear out.
Edited by: "deleted1416210" 27th Mar
Just found another - 112897123251
Hacked accounts. You'll never see the item and will end up being refunded by PayPal.
ToxtethOGrady27th Mar

Hacked accounts. You'll never see the item and will end up being refunded …Hacked accounts. You'll never see the item and will end up being refunded by PayPal.

Too many scammers on eBay
Saw the Samsung galaxy s8 + for £90 brand new then the listing disappeared in 10 mins
Bluecat7868 m ago

Saw the Samsung galaxy s8 + for £90 brand new then the listing disappeared …Saw the Samsung galaxy s8 + for £90 brand new then the listing disappeared in 10 mins

Another hacked account most likely!
wadz6 m ago

Another hacked account most likely!

Yes and all this latest iPhones and everything was like £80_90 brand new and sealed UK based.First time I saw This!
Bluecat78610 m ago

Yes and all this latest iPhones and everything was like £80_90 brand new …Yes and all this latest iPhones and everything was like £80_90 brand new and sealed UK based.First time I saw This!

Trust me there is a lot common than you think
AA NIMH rechargable batteries with 5000mah or greater capacity.
Max possible is about 3000mah

eBay don't care they could easily filter out fake specs
Same with cheap so called 1080p LCD projectors etc
Money laundering?
or eBay creating extra traffic. Maybe eBay is the one creating the fake profiles and items? lol
Found a Samsung galaxy 8+ plus for £20!! Free postage lol
Item no 202272702238 just for your info😁
Bluecat78627 m ago

Just looked at the listing and the other item listed by seller which is pure nonsense.
How do you report such fake listings to eBay
Toptrumpet21 m ago

Just looked at the listing and the other item listed by seller which is …Just looked at the listing and the other item listed by seller which is pure nonsense.How do you report such fake listings to eBay

I have already reported a few to eBay.you go to the item and click on "report item" It can only be done in desktop mode and not via the app.Hope this helps
Toptrumpet26 m ago

Just looked at the listing and the other item listed by seller which is …Just looked at the listing and the other item listed by seller which is pure nonsense.How do you report such fake listings to eBay

Also this account seems genuine because it has many reviews going back a while,As "Wad" above pointed out looks like this one is also hacked
Bluecat7861 h, 17 m ago

Item no longer listed.
Looks like eBay have removed it due to your reporting.
Found the ‘report item’ on right hand side at the bottom of the listing in small blue text.
Lets see if they now remove the ‘nonsense listing’. 202272702659
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 28th Mar
People create these listing to sell something else. The seller puts a random picture, random title with more postage than the item so the seller fees can be kept low.
They then send the item code to the buyer and buyer pays promptly so the listing can be deleted.
Misslovely7 m ago

People create these listing to sell something else. The seller puts a …People create these listing to sell something else. The seller puts a random picture, random title with more postage than the item so the seller fees can be kept low. They then send the item code to the buyer and buyer pays promptly so the listing can be deleted.

So instead of listing something for say £150, you list it for £70 with a £80 delivery charge to avoid selling fees. Do eBay really allow this?
jaketheplumber10 m ago

So instead of listing something for say £150, you list it for £70 with a £ …So instead of listing something for say £150, you list it for £70 with a £80 delivery charge to avoid selling fees. Do eBay really allow this?

I might have missed something here but doing that wouldn't make any difference as eBay now apply the same 10% final value fee to postage cost as well so there is no saving anything.
deeky8 m ago

I might have missed something here but doing that wouldn't make any …I might have missed something here but doing that wouldn't make any difference as eBay now apply the same 10% final value fee to postage cost as well so there is no saving anything.

I wouldn't know, it's been a long time since I sold anything on eBay. I always sell locally on Gumtree if possible, second choice Amazon marketplace.
Looks like the ‘nonsense’ one I found has been removed. eBay does seem to be removing anything that’s reported in under 3 hours. Well done to eBay (for a change).
Toptrumpet22 h, 16 m ago

Looks like the ‘nonsense’ one I found has been removed. eBay does seem to b …Looks like the ‘nonsense’ one I found has been removed. eBay does seem to be removing anything that’s reported in under 3 hours. Well done to eBay (for a change).

They should have some sort of system that can link the price and description of 'new' so that ridiculously cheap items and obvious scams are flagged for review before they go live.
deeky41 m ago

They should have some sort of system that can link the price and …They should have some sort of system that can link the price and description of 'new' so that ridiculously cheap items and obvious scams are flagged for review before they go live.

When your buying items they already have that info as it gives you rough idea how much similar items sell for so I cant see why cant do this to automatically
wadz5 m ago

When your buying items they already have that info as it gives you rough …When your buying items they already have that info as it gives you rough idea how much similar items sell for so I cant see why cant do this to automatically

Yeah, good point.
PrincessJellybean27th Mar

. I used to use eBay to possibly addictive levels , these days I …. I used to use eBay to possibly addictive levels , these days I rarely bother unless it's a well known respected company or a personal seller clearly having a clear out.

I'm the same - used to love ebay but had some bad experiences with some scammers and decided to knock it on the head.
Even cancelled my paypal account just in case .....shame because when it started ebay was a good idea but like everything else once the lowlifes realise they an hack/scam its all downhill.
Could be one of two things that i can think off.
People creating multiple listing to change over the weekend as its £1 fees all weekend for some people.

Or i have noticed on facebook loads of adds lately for people wanting old ebay accounts with very good feedback "good money payed" which i guess fraudsters then use.

Probably a combination of both tbh.
They allow this, yet they removed a listing of mine as counterfit. It was something I'd bought directly from Amazon. So either Amazon is selling fake stuff or...
MSK.9 h, 34 m ago

They allow this, yet they removed a listing of mine as counterfit. It was …They allow this, yet they removed a listing of mine as counterfit. It was something I'd bought directly from Amazon. So either Amazon is selling fake stuff or...

I've had a couple of antique stuff before removed from when i used to work in an auction house doing ebay. My item was selling really well better than sombody else's and then removed. I believe sometimes a person who has the same item has yours removed so they become the only seller of that item and attract all the bids.
larrylightweight46 m ago

I've had a couple of antique stuff before removed from when i used to work …I've had a couple of antique stuff before removed from when i used to work in an auction house doing ebay. My item was selling really well better than sombody else's and then removed. I believe sometimes a person who has the same item has yours removed so they become the only seller of that item and attract all the bids.

That's an interesting idea. I was the cheapest for the item. Perhaps they didn't like the competition. I only had one though!
MSK.3 h, 27 m ago

That's an interesting idea. I was the cheapest for the item. Perhaps …That's an interesting idea. I was the cheapest for the item. Perhaps they didn't like the competition. I only had one though!

It was the only reasoning we could come up with a rare item suddenly removed for been fake without any contact from ebay before hand. Now the auction house i worked for knew their stuff they had like many others been in the business a long time and had the likes of david barby and other tv auctioneers visit quite often.
Ebay somtimes removed we waited a couple of weeks relisted and sold with no problems. Strange place ebay.
larrylightweight1 h, 3 m ago

It was the only reasoning we could come up with a rare item suddenly …It was the only reasoning we could come up with a rare item suddenly removed for been fake without any contact from ebay before hand. Now the auction house i worked for knew their stuff they had like many others been in the business a long time and had the likes of david barby and other tv auctioneers visit quite often. Ebay somtimes removed we waited a couple of weeks relisted and sold with no problems. Strange place ebay.

I guess they're not really that fussed if they get their fees!

I've always thought working in an auction house must be a really interesting job. I'm sure they did know their stuff
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants